FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Union Bank Allotment

+32
chamith
kiri
npc86
UKboy
maalinda
tkc
isuru_ra
tubal
hotstock
smallville
own
2011_NewComer
Trader
milanka
ShareShares
Aamiable
yasser
kan
swan03
wmdcf
Meta Trader
NightStalker
dimuthubas
Gaja
Antonym
kuk83
limestone
ndnk
Slstock
CSE1
mark
sandn
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

will today turnover pass 1 billion mark

27Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:06 pm

mark

Expert
Expert

Gaja wrote:will today turnover pass 1 billion mark

seems not.............a dark gloomy day............ Crying or Very sad

28Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Future IPO strategy Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:08 pm

milanka

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Antonym wrote:This will come as a disappointment to most people. The only happy ones will be those who applied for a small number of shares. Anyway, let's see at what price it trades...

In the context of this allotment, what strategy is good for future IPOs?

Three Options

1. Not to apply but look for buying oppertunities for same stock on 1st few days.
2. Apply for Min qty and then look for buying oppertunities on 1st few days.
3. Must not get funds on OD's
3. Use the BG facilities - must not block cash for 10 days. - until refunds

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

Trader

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

The basis of allotment is more like a private placement rather than a public issue as the allotment favours employees and customers. 'Others', meaning the public, have got virtually nothing !! Mad

30Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:29 pm

2011_NewComer

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

dimuthubas wrote:Finally I got 600 bcoz i use 5 other family members.. I applied only 300 per person.. Very Happy Very Happy in one way im happy.

This I feel & Realized even before the IPO, Genuinely they have selected the people and REALLY they didn't have any intention to offer more shares to outside inverters and only they wanted to treat the Existing share holders & its Customers.

Anyway I knew & guess that i might get only 100 per person..
better than nothing. good @ this Red Market. Evil or Very Mad

How do you apply using family members? Do they also have CDS accounts? Like to know how to do that. please explain Smile

31Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:31 pm

ndnk

ndnk
Manager - Equity Analytics

2011_NewComer wrote:
dimuthubas wrote:Finally I got 600 bcoz i use 5 other family members.. I applied only 300 per person.. Very Happy Very Happy in one way im happy.

This I feel & Realized even before the IPO, Genuinely they have selected the people and REALLY they didn't have any intention to offer more shares to outside inverters and only they wanted to treat the Existing share holders & its Customers.

How do you apply using family members? Do they also have CDS accounts? Like to know how to do that. please explain Smile

Yes family members have to hav cds accounts in their ID. Then later u can even transfer the shares to your own account even ne,,, Razz

32Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:54 pm

own

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Y my broker advise me to not to sell on initial day of trading? Will it move further like PAP?

33Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:06 pm

smallville

smallville

since the allocation is so small even the ppl with bank drafts are gonna get a smaller qty, hence there'll be huge buy orders in the middle (say around 28-30) so the price movement may hinder..
Customers are allocated a much larger amt, so even the selling pressure may seen cuz of the profit taking dillema, we've seen drama with LGL before rite?
when big ppl collect enough they'll eventually push it up...

Ok thats only my idea, we can hear different scenarios too ;-)

So its best to observe the first day.. after all u're most probaby have gooten 100-500 shares.. so wat r u aiming at a Rs.3/ to 5/-profit??? Rolling Eyes

34Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Aamiable

ndnk wrote:
2011_NewComer wrote:

Yes family members have to hav cds accounts in their ID. Then later u can even transfer the shares to your own account even ne,,, Razz

Returns from IPO are tiny, I go for a diversified liquid portfolio under IPO cerrcunstances. Most of those funds will be retuned next week shares like COMB ,BRWN,JKH, SAMP,CFLB, LFIN can fast return to normal, liquid and fundermentally strong shares can rebound soon.

35Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:19 pm

wmdcf

wmdcf

One of my friends told me he paid Rs .3500 for 30laks bank guarantee only for 1lak deposit. Razz

Last edited by wmdcf on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting)

36Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:23 pm

dimuthubas

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

@ 2011_NewComer

It's a simple thing that most of them doing.
Those family members need to have CDS accounts & Apply by their name to their CDS accounts. U give/ Invest money behalf of there names (its ur money. But those members are not doing investments @ stocks.. And they must be trustworthy). So finally @ market u can decide the price & time to sale.. its simple like that
Wink

37Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:48 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

thanks dimuthubas Smile

So later you transfer the stocks to your account or you trade using their accounts (6 accounts Rolling Eyes )

How to transfer shares to some one else? that I have to talk with the broker and do?

(I am a beginner..so trying to learn things ) flower

38Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:03 pm

smallville

smallville

wmdcf wrote:One of my friends told me he paid Rs .3500 for 30laks bank guarantee only for 1lak deposit. Razz

That cant be.. for 3 mil he has to pay around 20K interest.. would u share the bank name, might be worthwile for us all in next IPO Shocked

39Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:05 pm

hotstock

wmdcf wrote:One of my friends told me he paid Rs .3500 for 30laks bank guarantee only for 1lak deposit. Razz

Looks like banks and brokers are mostly profited during IPOs

40Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:06 pm

tubal

Antonym wrote:This will come as a disappointment to most people. The only happy ones will be those who applied for a small number of shares. Anyway, let's see at what price it trades...

In the context of this allotment, what strategy is good for future IPOs?

My strategy for future IPOs is don't bother. I haven't applied for an IPO since DIAL Very Happy

41Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:10 pm

tubal

smallville wrote:since the allocation is so small even the ppl with bank drafts are gonna get a smaller qty, hence there'll be huge buy orders in the middle (say around 28-30) so the price movement may hinder..
Customers are allocated a much larger amt, so even the selling pressure may seen cuz of the profit taking dillema, we've seen drama with LGL before rite?

So its best to observe the first day.. after all u're most probaby have gooten 100-500 shares.. so wat r u aiming at a Rs.3/ to 5/-profit??? Rolling Eyes

I have said this many times and people must be really angry with me by now, but I will say it again: "Don't buy IPO shares at a premium on the secondary market, there are more attractive bargains available"

42Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:14 pm

isuru_ra

isuru_ra
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

oh shit i got my money back from union bank. they only taken 25X100 = Rs 2500/= Sad

http://http;//isuru.ratnayake.info

43Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:18 pm

tkc

tkc
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

isuru_ra wrote:oh shit i got my money back from union bank. they only taken 25X100 = Rs 2500/= Sad
Don't worry bro!! Wink

44Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 pm

milanka

milanka

isuru_ra wrote:oh shit i got my money back from union bank. they only taken 25X100 = Rs 2500/= Sad

Was it thru SLIPs transfer ? Mine not received yet !! - Sampath Bank

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

45Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:27 pm

isuru_ra

isuru_ra
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

milanka wrote:

SLIPs transfer I'm using combank

http://http;//isuru.ratnayake.info

46Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:04 pm

smallville

smallville

tubal wrote:
smallville wrote:since the allocation is so small even the ppl with bank drafts are gonna get a smaller qty, hence there'll be huge buy orders in the middle (say around 28-30) so the price movement may hinder..

I have said this many times and people must be really angry with me by now, but I will say it again: "Don't buy IPO shares at a premium on the secondary market, there are more attractive bargains available"

Correct Tubel.. if u wanna dump u gotta wait till u get some profit on it.. there's always a greater fool Twisted Evil
on the other hand if u wanna buy IPO shares, there's no point in buyin at high price.. better to wait till it comes down..of course if its so attractive to you Smile

47Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:15 pm

maalinda

sigh what a waste.. i should not have apply for it :s :s

48Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:01 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

ah same here just 100 shares... Wish if i had an union bank account..

49Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:06 pm

npc86

npc86

milanka wrote:

PW cop people working in mass of load, I think they have submitted the refund transfer list to their bank after the bank SLIPS cutoff time(for effect the same day). If you haven't received the money yet it will credit to your A/C on Monday morning. jocolor

50Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:11 pm

dimuthubas

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

@ 2011_NewComer
"So later you transfer the stocks to your account or you trade using their accounts (6 accounts Rolling Eyes )"

It can trade by their accounts transfer shares by one to another is a difficult job. And if they also have Online trading facility.. its so easy..
Smile

51Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:29 pm

limestone

limestone

Very unfair the basis of allocation . Those who have applied for 5100 shares (Rs 127,500) and 50700 shares (Rs 1,267,500) have got the same number of 200 shares .

I think CSE must not impose multiples of 100 rule for IPOs . After all , If this rule is not applicable to Rights / warrant issues, what is the point in having such a rule technically ?

52Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:37 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

@dimuthubas - Thanks Smile

Dear experts,

When will the Union bank trading start?

Around what price range will it start trading? and upto what level it'll go on the first day? Please share your thoughts Smile

53Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:38 pm

kiri

kiri

ha..ha.. i have won 100!. enough. Very Happy

54Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:57 pm

chamith

chamith

So if u think about it, one should apply with more than 1.2 million LKR to get the next 100 shares after the initial allotment of 200 shares, (Since thy round it up, qualifying for 51 shares brings you 100)

So in this case if we consider 8% interest rate (Best scenario) for 1.2 million will amount to 96000 LKR.

Finally the game is to make a gain of 96000LKR < with 300 shares in hand to break even. I think the price will go really really high....

55Union Bank Allotment - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Gaja

calculate and see the cost per share if a person applied for full amount 15 million shares using B G

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum