FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Union Bank Allotment

+32
chamith
kiri
npc86
UKboy
maalinda
tkc
isuru_ra
tubal
hotstock
smallville
own
2011_NewComer
Trader
milanka
ShareShares
Aamiable
yasser
kan
swan03
wmdcf
Meta Trader
NightStalker
dimuthubas
Gaja
Antonym
kuk83
limestone
ndnk
Slstock
CSE1
mark
sandn
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:29 pm

limestone

Manager - Equity Analytics

Very unfair the basis of allocation . Those who have applied for 5100 shares (Rs 127,500) and 50700 shares (Rs 1,267,500) have got the same number of 200 shares .

I think CSE must not impose multiples of 100 rule for IPOs . After all , If this rule is not applicable to Rights / warrant issues, what is the point in having such a rule technically ?

52Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:37 pm

2011_NewComer

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@dimuthubas - Thanks Smile

Dear experts,

When will the Union bank trading start?

Around what price range will it start trading? and upto what level it'll go on the first day? Please share your thoughts Smile

53Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:38 pm

kiri

ha..ha.. i have won 100!. enough. Very Happy

54Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:57 pm

chamith

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

So if u think about it, one should apply with more than 1.2 million LKR to get the next 100 shares after the initial allotment of 200 shares, (Since thy round it up, qualifying for 51 shares brings you 100)

So in this case if we consider 8% interest rate (Best scenario) for 1.2 million will amount to 96000 LKR.

Finally the game is to make a gain of 96000LKR < with 300 shares in hand to break even. I think the price will go really really high....

55Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

calculate and see the cost per share if a person applied for full amount 15 million shares using B G

56Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 pm

chamith

chamith

Gaja wrote:calculate and see the cost per share if a person applied for full amount 15 million shares using B G

Whats cost for BG like??
I found that max you can get by applying for the full 15 million shares is only 12507 shares. So obviously their cost should be well over 120LKR to 200LKR per share i guess.

57Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Gaja

chamith wrote:
Gaja wrote:calculate and see the cost per share if a person applied for full amount 15 million shares using B G

Whats cost for BG like??
I found that max you can get by applying for the full 15 million shares is only 12507 shares. So obviously their cost should be well over 120LKR to 200LKR per share i guess.

This is as if you get the BG From NTB

BG Charges for 375 Million 375,000
V.A.T 45,000
Cost for 12,500 shares 312,500
Total Cost 732,500

So cost per share 58.60, make a note of it i didn't consider the interest on the fund blocked Rs. 11,500,000

58Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:44 pm

jaya

For the Newcomers, following strategy had commonly used in IPOs during 1997 period and still possible.

1. collect IDs and Address proof from your friends as much as you can (Those days one of my friends had over hundreds different CDs account)(If you are smart enough you can make 100 girls for sake of open CDs account)

2. Open joint saving account with him only to deposit 100 Rs and able to operate either person.

3. Apply only 100 shares for IPOs (depend on the demand of IPO)

4. Disposed in 1 day and when you received cheque deposit in particular joint account.

5. Get your cash after realizing of cheque and do not forget to buy chocolates for other joint account holder.

59Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Union bank Ltd Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:42 pm

cse.mkt

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

What will be the opening price ?

60Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:42 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

cse.mkt wrote:What will be the opening price ?

My guess is 40 or more and will go up to 60 or more on the first day.

Guessing it considering the SFIN, I think it started around 35 and went upto 50.

(I am a beginner, so I can be totally wrong Smile )

61Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:46 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

2011_NewComer wrote:

Guessing it considering the SFIN, I think it started around 35 and went upto 50.

And have a thought for the poor souls who bought at SFIN at 50+ . Hope people here will not make the same mistake with UB.

62Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:35 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

tubal wrote:
2011_NewComer wrote:

And have a thought for the poor souls who bought at SFIN at 50+ . Hope people here will not make the same mistake with UB.

Under this thread topic, I have seen some posts with calculations of the cost for those who applied for a large no. of shares. According to them the cost per share is around 50 - 60 or more. So if that is the case, will those people sell them for a lesser price?
If you were one of them, what would you do? (asking this to learn these things Question )

Thanks flower

63Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:18 pm

smallville

smallville

Obviously you can become a long term investor by choice or drop at a loss and move to a more valuable counter to cover the loss Shocked

64Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:30 am

Aamiable

I don’t apply for any IPO again. Next week it will be mostly refunds coming back to the CSE. Many have lost the interest on IPO. Currently CSE is a better place than any IPO. Afterall only a small number of shares given and they are also costly. I think it is better off staying in the fundamentally sound shares at CSE.

65Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 am

Gaja

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110313/BusinessTimes/bt07.html

66Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:41 am

tubal

Aamiable wrote:I don’t apply for any IPO again. Next week it will be mostly refunds coming back to the CSE. Many have lost the interest on IPO. Currently CSE is a better place than any IPO. Afterall only a small number of shares given and they are also costly. I think it is better off staying in the fundamentally sound shares at CSE.

This is exactly what the market needs. People, have been subscribing to all kinds of lousy IPOs often without reading the prospectus. That is definitely not healthy for the market.

(BTW, I am not speaking of Aamiable, but about investors (gamblers really) at the CSE in general)

67Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:21 am

Aamiable

tubal wrote:
Aamiable wrote:I don’t apply for any IPO again. Next week it will be mostly refunds coming back to the CSE. Many have lost the interest on IPO. Currently CSE is a better place than any IPO. Afterall only a small number of shares given and they are also costly. I think it is better off staying in the fundamentally sound shares at CSE.

This is exactly what the market needs. People, have been subscribing to all kinds of lousy IPOs often without reading the prospectus. That is definitely not healthy for the market.

(BTW, I am not speaking of Aamiable, but about investors (gamblers really) at the CSE in general)

True, rather than looking for short term gains, better to stick to fundamentals. Medium term diversified liquid shares are the best, I think

68Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:43 am

Gaja

http://www.lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=590028515

69Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank Allotment Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:20 am

wallstreet

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

70Union Bank Allotment - Page 3 Empty IPO Turning point Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:10 am

ISURU

ISURU

Most of Union Bank IPO investors have been really disapointed
I think with that future IPO's will be less attractive..What do you think..? confused

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum