FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by Biggy Today at 12:09 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

ASI - there is a pattern..

+4
sriranga
Slstock
anubis
smallville
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:21 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

I have to admit that I've not analysed ASI for sometime... Well TBHW I've not analysed a single share lately..
For the following analysis I've taken the line chart from Bloomberg rather than OHLC due to clarity of lines first then later on decided to test my patience with DFN hence I've uploaded the DFN analysis too..

ASI - there is a pattern..  Asi-df10

ASI - there is a pattern..  Asi_2310

In the above charts, you can see a traingle kinda shape formation near the end of trading days (Maroon & bottom Green trend lines in Bloomberg chart & Green slope up/down lines in DFN chart). The shape has formed thru lower highs and higher lows.
I beleive this to be a symmetrical Triangle (overview of this pattern below). Well I cant be wrong since I analysed it from two chart models Wink

A Symmetrical triangles marks important trend reversals or continuation of the current trend.
It was said that; regardless of the nature of the pattern, continuation or reversal, the direction of the next major move can only be determined after a valid breakout.

Now we also have a breakout with an improved volume participation. But wonder whether this is enuf??

I've drawn 2 parellel lines (green lines) where a confirmative target is desired.
Therefore this to be a continuation trend, ASI has to break 5200-5260 range (sorry!! my vision has some problem or the bloomberg chart though clear enuf, not clear in range targets).

ASI - there is a pattern..  Fib2310

The closest Fibonacci resistance (23%) is given as 5462. But the DFN figures dont match with visual figures. Hence I expect the range for 23% Fib to be in 5320-5340

In conclution, we have to expect the ASI to break 5200-5260 range for a better confirmation, then we have to watch the breaking of 23% Fib (5320-5340) to be identified as a true bull Wink

Today (24-08-12) market tradin at a negative note..

Note : Even sophisticateed traders have agreed that the reversal patterns can be especially difficult to analyze and often have false breakouts.

Cons or Word of caution - This can eventually be a fake trend till a new SEC head is appointed and the approval of resignation of ex-SEC chief. So better take positions carefully.

The symmetrical Triangle (Continuation)

The symmetrical Triangle (Continuation) is formed out of two converging trend lines and is neither bullish nor bearish in terms of future price direction (it can be a continuation or reversal pattern)
The triangle pattern usually has two or three tops and bottoms, forming the basis for trend lines and afterwards you can expect the trend line to be broken. A broker trend line of the triangle pattern suggests the completion of the pattern and this should happen at about 2/3 of the horizontal length of the pattern - much earlier than the trend lines merge.
The volume is normally reducing with the pattern formation, but on the breakout the volume is above average.
This refers to the quiet before the storm, or the tightening consolidation before the breakout.
If the breakout is not supported with higher volume, you should be very careful when trading this pattern.

Breakout Confirmation: For a break to be considered valid, it should be on a closing basis. Some traders apply a price (3% break) or time (sustained for 3 days) filter to confirm validity. The breakout should occur with an expansion in volume, especially on upside breakouts.
Confirmation is especially important for upside breakouts.

source : http://stockcharts.com

Last edited by smallville on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:07 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : uploaded DFN's ASI chart.)

2ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 am

anubis

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Just to clarify something, since we have broken out of the triangle in the upward direction, this shows a bullish indication?

Thank you for contributing this technical perspective. The next couple of weeks will be interesting to observe.

Cheers!

3ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:01 am

smallville

smallville

anubis, I have the same doubt as you..

This ASI is an index rather than a stock..I'm not 100% sure whether the general trend patterns could be appropriate here.. The point is there is A pattern..

The triangle break-thru has been reached so there could be a possibility, however we cannot be living with that assumption since there are too many ppl sell on news Wink too much selling for profita taking is not good for an ailing market...
therefore; better trade with care..

4ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:05 am

anubis

He he, I was also waiting to sell on news Very Happy but it seems I'm stuck with my PF (but it's not full of speculatives so I don't have to worry).

Cheers!

5ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:53 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

If we strictly go by these charts , even there is some fall for some reason ( panic, profit taking, monkey ate a
donkey etc ) I would be happy if it doesn't fall below 4855 and in the worst case 4739.

Last edited by slstock on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

6ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:03 am

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Thanks Small for the timely post.
Still I'm concern about the volume.
Notably the growing count of trades is a positive sign.
I do strongly agree with Slstock's comment.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

7ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 am

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Smallville-

Am I correct to say that market fluctuation is getting tapered as two green lines running close by.
Let us assume by end of next week index will reach to 5200-5260 level.
Then what will be next hurdle to pass by? Is it the Fibonacci resistance level of 23% at 5320-5340? Thanks.

8ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 am

traderathome

traderathome

smallville wrote:I have to admit that I've not analysed ASI for sometime... Well TBHW I've not analysed a single share lately..
For the following analysis I've taken the line chart from Bloomberg rather than OHLC due to clarity of lines first then later on decided to test my patience with DFN hence I've uploaded the DFN analysis too..

ASI - there is a pattern..  Asi-df10

ASI - there is a pattern..  Asi_2310

In the above charts, you can see a traingle kinda shape formation near the end of trading days (Maroon & bottom Green trend lines in Bloomberg chart & Green slope up/down lines in DFN chart). The shape has formed thru lower highs and higher lows.
I beleive this to be a symmetrical Triangle (overview of this pattern below). Well I cant be wrong since I analysed it from two chart models Wink

A Symmetrical triangles marks important trend reversals or continuation of the current trend.
It was said that; regardless of the nature of the pattern, continuation or reversal, the direction of the next major move can only be determined after a valid breakout.

Now we also have a breakout with an improved volume participation. But wonder whether this is enuf??

I've drawn 2 parellel lines (green lines) where a confirmative target is desired.
Therefore this to be a continuation trend, ASI has to break 5200-5260 range (sorry!! my vision has some problem or the bloomberg chart though clear enuf, not clear in range targets).

ASI - there is a pattern..  Fib2310

The closest Fibonacci resistance (23%) is given as 5462. But the DFN figures dont match with visual figures. Hence I expect the range for 23% Fib to be in 5320-5340

In conclution, we have to expect the ASI to break 5200-5260 range for a better confirmation, then we have to watch the breaking of 23% Fib (5320-5340) to be identified as a true bull Wink

Note : Even sophisticateed traders have agreed that the reversal patterns can be especially difficult to analyze and often have false breakouts.

Cons or Word of caution - This can eventually be a fake trend till a new SEC head is appointed and the approval of resignation of ex-SEC chief. So better take positions carefully.

The symmetrical Triangle (Continuation)

The symmetrical Triangle (Continuation) is formed out of two converging trend lines and is neither bullish nor bearish in terms of future price direction (it can be a continuation or reversal pattern)
The triangle pattern usually has two or three tops and bottoms, forming the basis for trend lines and afterwards you can expect the trend line to be broken. A broker trend line of the triangle pattern suggests the completion of the pattern and this should happen at about 2/3 of the horizontal length of the pattern - much earlier than the trend lines merge.
The volume is normally reducing with the pattern formation, but on the breakout the volume is above average.
This refers to the quiet before the storm, or the tightening consolidation before the breakout.
If the breakout is not supported with higher volume, you should be very careful when trading this pattern.

Breakout Confirmation: For a break to be considered valid, it should be on a closing basis. Some traders apply a price (3% break) or time (sustained for 3 days) filter to confirm validity. The breakout should occur with an expansion in volume, especially on upside breakouts.
Confirmation is especially important for upside breakouts.

source : http://stockcharts.com
Thanks alot for updating...you have indeed taken such painstaking effort to put up on chart your also your time....... Smile

9ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Anyway it is said triangular patterns are USUALLY a continuation patterns.There may be exceptions.

Last year what we experienced was one of a major reversal pattern which was head and shoulder pattern.So I expect one of the major reversal pattern(inverse head and shoulder pattern,double bottoms,triple bottoms,spike bottom which is again unreliable,sourcer pattern which is again rare) rather than a triangular pattern.

10ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 pm

anubis

@Whitebull: do you have a link to an article which talks about all of those trend reversal patterns? May be you can write one ? Smile

It would be really great if we can get some knowledge about trend-reversal patterns.... I really want to be on watch... Basketball

Cheers!

11ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 pm

smallville

smallville

worthiness wrote:Smallville-

Am I correct to say that market fluctuation is getting tapered as two green lines running close by.
If these lines running close by, we should be a bit happy as it indicates a sideways market, a kind of consolidation, a calm before storm Wink .

We saw the price breaking out of the upper green line, but today the ASI slumped. So if we are to witness a similar trend in coming days then the triangle may break the lower green line and eventually land at 4540-4550 range.

Look at the below chart, I hope its clear..

ASI - there is a pattern..  Asi_2410

worthiness wrote:
Let us assume by end of next week index will reach to 5200-5260 level.
Then what will be next hurdle to pass by? Is it the Fibonacci resistance level of 23% at 5320-5340? Thanks.

If we're lucky enuf YES..

12ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:20 pm

prabath

Whatever happens to Index you people will draw some lines and Identify some pattern or something.Haven't you done this from peak above 7500.How many times did this?Now index 5000.Index will be above 5100 within 10 market days. Very Happy

13ASI - there is a pattern..  Empty Re: ASI - there is a pattern.. Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:38 pm

smallville

smallville

prabath wrote:Whatever happens to Index you people will draw some lines and Identify some pattern or something.Haven't you done this from peak above 7500.How many times did this?Now index 5000.Index will be above 5100 within 10 market days. Very Happy

Good point mate.. When index goes to 5100 we'll again draw some lines and whine Wink

Gosh why we cannot forget these stupid lines scratch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum