FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Yesterday at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the best broker firm?

+4
ranferdi
K.Haputantri
Hanoifortune
Wihaga2008
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is the best broker firm? Empty What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Wihaga2008

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Please let me know what is the best broker firm out of below 5. Because my dad has some of shares what is purchased long time back to sell. So I need a good broker to do it. I know that all of brokers are in same boat. But who has the best advisers? I'm new for this stock thing. Give me a little help guys.

* John Keels Stock Brokers (Pvt) Ltd
* Capital TRUST Securities (Pvt) Ltd
* Asia Securities (Pvt) Ltd
* Capital Alliance (Pvt) Ltd
* NDB Stockbrokers (Pvt) Ltd

2What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:08 pm

Hanoifortune

Hanoifortune
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I have been trading last 6 years. Belive me !I have never talked to my broker.

3What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Wihaga2008

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Hanoifortune wrote:I have been trading last 6 years. Belive me !I have never talked to my broker.

But how did you do that? Without a broker how did you link market? As far as I know, We must need a broker to connect to the market. Mustn't we?

4What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Hanoifortune

Hanoifortune

Wihaga2008 wrote:
Hanoifortune wrote:I have been trading last 6 years. Belive me !I have never talked to my broker.

But did you do that? Without a broker how did you link market? As far as I know, We must need a broker to connect to the market. Mustn't we?

We need a broker to open a account not to trade our portfolio.If you trade your self you will learn a lot.

“Where large sum of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody”
-Agatha Christie

Nobody knows you and your situation better than you do.
by Asoka Samarakone on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm
Nobody knows you and your situation better than you do. Therefore, you may be the most qualified person to do your own investing - all you need is a bit of help.

When you turn on some financial TV program and see someone tell you to buy a stock, there is a good chance he is telling you to buy what he wants to sell.

It became recognized that some companies recommended stocks to their clients and then sold the same stocks themselves all day long. Not only were these firms the largest sellers of a stock on the day after they recommended it, but they were also the largest buyers of the stock during the preceding week.

If you develop a system that you have thoroughly tested and truly believe works, don’t tell anyone about it. Use it, because it’s going to go away at some point in time. Understand that it won’t last forever, and work on coming up with something different for when that happens.
Stock market for beginners
Take care and all the best!
Happy trading

5What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:51 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Wihaga2008 wrote:Please let me know what is the best broker firm out of below 5. Because my dad has some of shares what is purchased long time back to sell. So I need a good broker to do it. I know that all of brokers are in same boat. But who has the best advisers? I'm new for this stock thing. Give me a little help guys.

* John Keels Stock Brokers (Pvt) Ltd
* Capital TRUST Securities (Pvt) Ltd
* Asia Securities (Pvt) Ltd
* Capital Alliance (Pvt) Ltd
* NDB Stockbrokers (Pvt) Ltd

Your father may have deposited the shares at the CDS through a broker prior to the deadline. Check on that to findout who your father's broker is. To me almost all the brokers collect their fee and are not botherred to help the investor.

If you want any advice on the specific shares serch this forum or else seek expert openion on them in this forum.

Happy trading friend. sunny

6What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Wihaga2008

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

K.Haputantri wrote:

Your father may have deposited the shares at the CDS through a broker prior to the deadline. Check on that to findout who your father's broker is. To me almost all the brokers collect their fee and are not botherred to help the investor.

If you want any advice on the specific shares serch this forum or else seek expert openion on them in this forum.

Happy trading friend. sunny

I don't think so bro. I think my dad has bought those directly from sampath bank in mid nineties. And he's not in alive anymore. Mom is the present share holder. Its bit lots of money around 1.5 mil. Thats why I thought to get an adviser. Anyway brokers don't let us to get a lost. Do they? Otherwise they also will get a lost.

7What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 pm

Wihaga2008

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Hanoifortune wrote:

We need a broker to open a account not to trade our portfolio.If you trade your self you will learn a lot.

“Where large sum of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody”
-Agatha Christie

Nobody knows you and your situation better than you do.
by Asoka Samarakone on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm
Nobody knows you and your situation better than you do. Therefore, you may be the most qualified person to do your own investing - all you need is a bit of help.

When you turn on some financial TV program and see someone tell you to buy a stock, there is a good chance he is telling you to buy what he wants to sell.

It became recognized that some companies recommended stocks to their clients and then sold the same stocks themselves all day long. Not only were these firms the largest sellers of a stock on the day after they recommended it, but they were also the largest buyers of the stock during the preceding week.

If you develop a system that you have thoroughly tested and truly believe works, don’t tell anyone about it. Use it, because it’s going to go away at some point in time. Understand that it won’t last forever, and work on coming up with something different for when that happens.
Stock market for beginners
Take care and all the best!
Happy trading

thax for the big advise bro! Smile

8What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 pm

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Well I am with capital trust for almost last 5 years and no issues yet. I am satisfied with service they provide.
Its worth to mention as far as Margin trading is not involved you will not have big issues with broker but in the case with capital trust they have handled my margin trading accounts with much amicable manner.
Its also worth that taking only advice from the Broker and decision and responsibility by yourself is always a good thing.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

9What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Wihaga2008

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Okay then tell me what is good enough to open a CDS account out of these 5 guys.. Please...

10What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm

ranferdi

ranferdi

Wihaga2008 wrote:Okay then tell me what is good enough to open a CDS account out of these 5 guys.. Please...

As far as what I've experienced capital trust is good enough.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

11What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Wihaga2008

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

ranferdi wrote:

OKi thanks for the opinion bro. I called them short while ago. So what's the difference between CDS account and margin trading account?

12What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 pm

anushka fernando

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

capital trust is good

13What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Wihaga2008 wrote:
ranferdi wrote:

OKi thanks for the opinion bro. I called them short while ago. So what's the difference between CDS account and margin trading account?

The law requires that all who buy/sell shares shouild open a CDS (Central Dipository System) account through a participant(broker) company and deposit all your shares in it. If you do not wish to sell them you can block all or portion of your shares so that no one can touch them. Once the account is opened all buys will be automatically deposited in it and all sells will be deducted. CDS is a Govt. institution under the SEC. All buys/sells are deposited/credited to that account as the case may be. CDS also help settle proceeds of buy/sell through brokers as the case may be like a clearing agency.

Margin trading account is a credit facility given to traders on request by some of the brokers at a very high interest rate. Some banks also provide this facility. This is a very risky game friend. Never buy shares on credit because the broker has the right to sell your shares at market prices if you do not settle your balance when requested(margin call).

14What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 pm

KAROSH9

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Forget about who's the best. The day you start to trust your broker you are FINISHED. He will happily guide you until you ruin your account. I have a freind who is apperently a friend who traded while I was away for a while and invested in junk and I have to bear the loss. He's my fifth broker. So the golden rule is this listen to him but NEVER trust him. They work for high net worths which they get most of their commission. So they promote junk so they can dump them on unsuspecting retailers.

15What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm

nirowat

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

hi,

As far as I understood, you have some share certificates which belong to your father and you want to sell them to realise the money ?

If this is true then does not matter who the broker is. You just need to open a CDS account with any broker and deposit your shares. Once they are in the CDS you can tell the broker to sell them at the current market price, which they cannot really fool you unless the shares are of very illiquid companies. All broker firms charge the same broker fees. If you want, when the shares are in the account will be happy give you the current price on the day you want to sell if you let us know the shares and amount so you do not get fooled.
As your father bought the shares about 15 years ago would guess you are in good profit.

The only thing you might need to consider is broker firms want a credit balance in your account in order to open a CDS account, but I feel this will not be a problem as you seem to have enough value in your share certificates.

If you want to sell and use the money to trade then all the above advice and more is needed.

16What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:10 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Since the certificates bear your father's name you have to transfer them to your name first. Meet the company secretaries of respective companies first for this purpose.

17What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:53 pm

stockboy

i am trading with 6 broker firms asha is the best

18What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:54 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

stockboy wrote: i am trading with 6 broker firms asha is the best
I trade with three but no experience with Asha. ?Can you elaborate on their sevices to invester.

19What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Wihaga2008

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

nirowat wrote:hi,

As far as I understood, you have some share certificates which belong to your father and you want to sell them to realise the money ?

If this is true then does not matter who the broker is. You just need to open a CDS account with any broker and deposit your shares. Once they are in the CDS you can tell the broker to sell them at the current market price, which they cannot really fool you unless the shares are of very illiquid companies. All broker firms charge the same broker fees. If you want, when the shares are in the account will be happy give you the current price on the day you want to sell if you let us know the shares and amount so you do not get fooled.
As your father bought the shares about 15 years ago would guess you are in good profit.

The only thing you might need to consider is broker firms want a credit balance in your account in order to open a CDS account, but I feel this will not be a problem as you seem to have enough value in your share certificates.

If you want to sell and use the money to trade then all the above advice and more is needed.

Yeah its bit of money. Finally I got the correct way to transfer share to my account. I'm telling this because This will help someone who has the same scenario as mine what to do. First you have to open a CDS account for the person who is the owner as in certificate and deposit it. Then Open a CDS account for the person who is willing trade and ask them (broker firm) to transfer the shares.
This is another way which is contact company or bank and ask them to transfer it. But it will take time. Above method will only take 1 week according what they said. Otherwise more than 3weeks minimum.
Cheers Smile

20What is the best broker firm? Empty Re: What is the best broker firm? Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Wihaga2008

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

K.Haputantri wrote:Since the certificates bear your father's name you have to transfer them to your name first. Meet the company secretaries of respective companies first for this purpose.

this way is gonna take more time bro. Anyway thax for advice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum