FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Today at 3:17 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by ResearchMan Today at 9:25 am

» Financial Woes at Richard Pieris Group
by DeepFreakingValue Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:29 pm

» Report a Tax Evasion and Get Rewarded upto 15%
by God Father Fri May 31, 2024 11:51 am

» LankaGPT Platform Launched in Sri Lanka
by God Father Wed May 29, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Popularity Is Surging With Travelers. Here’s Where To Go
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:10 pm

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed May 29, 2024 10:17 am

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Wed May 29, 2024 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vone & Greener water...

+6
OnlyGuru
ronstyn
wallstreetguy
Whitebull
Slstock
Leon
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vone & Greener water... Empty Vone & Greener water... Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Leon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hi Guys,

I hope you guys read the news article in the Daily Mirror (Mirror Business,early this week) that Vone has pushed the pause button on highly talked Greener Water project.
I wonder why our forum guys didn't take a good look at that news.

One of the brokering firm had reveled the fact and still no comment from Vone Shocked Shocked

2Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:50 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Can you post the link?

Leon wrote:Hi Guys,

I hope you guys read the news article in the Daily Mirror (Mirror Business,early this week) that Vone has pushed the pause button on highly talked Greener Water project.

One of the brokering firm had reveled the fact and still no comment from Vone Shocked Shocked

3Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:18 am

Leon

slstock wrote:Can you post the link?

I'm really sorry mate I don't have that E-paper facility. But I can assure you that I myself read the article.

4Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:23 am

Whitebull

Leon wrote:

I'm really sorry mate I don't have that E-paper facility. But I can assure you that I myself read the article.
Can you mention the exact date of that news paper ?

5Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:39 am

Leon

Whitebull wrote:
Leon wrote:

Can you mention the exact date of that news paper ?

For surely it was Daily Mirror, (Business Mirror section) date not sure but early this week (28,29 or 30 January 2013)

6Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:05 am

wallstreetguy

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Some bull shit! i checked the whole site! Please do make reference when you post things

7Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 am

ronstyn

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

wallstreetguy wrote:Some bull shit! i checked the whole site! Please do make reference when you post things

I too read it.Daily Mirror Business of 30th Jan '13.
Research report done by Bartleet Religare Stockbrokers

8Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 pm

OnlyGuru

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Could not find VONE story, but this is related

Hoteliers suffer despite higher tourist arrivals
http://www.dailymirror.lk/business/economy/25437-hoteliers-suffer-despite-higher-tourist-arrivals-.html

9Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:03 pm

ronstyn

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

OnlyGuru wrote:Could not find VONE story, but this is related

http://www.dailymirror.lk/business/economy/25437-hoteliers-suffer-despite-higher-tourist-arrivals-.html

Have uploaded a scan copy from DM at http://research.srilankaequity.com/t653-vone-puts-hotel-project-on-hold-report

10Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:37 pm

balapas

The news was published on Mirror Business on 30 Jan as the main heading "vallibel one puts hotel project on hold". I saw it on the printed edition. However it's not yet confirmed by the company higher-ups. Well my investment on Vone In December was not good Smile

11Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Arena

If it is true that is a great decision. I am sure they can buy more than 2 same size hotels in 3 to 5 years time due to this rapid growth. Just understand every hike will create a bubble to burst. This is 100% my own words and first one to predict this is the country...............

Lol

12Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Leon

wallstreetguy wrote:Some bull shit! i checked the whole site! Please do make reference when you post things

Mate,It's not a bull-shit but a valuable set of facts for investors/Traders. Which is not valuable for a person like u sitting on your brain.

13Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:48 pm

wallstreetguy

Leon wrote:

Mate,It's not a bull-shit but a valuable set of facts for investors/Traders. Which is not valuable for a person like u sitting on your brain.

I called it bullshit, because without the source any joe can make the news and post them here. Would that be valuable to anyone just because your saying it!

I dont think so!

14Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:57 pm

wallstreetguy

ronstyn wrote:

Have uploaded a scan copy from DM at http://research.srilankaequity.com/t653-vone-puts-hotel-project-on-hold-report

Thanks for the upload buddy!

Well this is not good IMO! This IPO was for to raise money for the hotel! And most of us subscribed and bought lots of shares from the market waiting for this . Since its on hold, Vallibel One at the moment has no potential of growth other than the holdings he has in other companies. Its an investment company, reinvesting on its capitals gains. True the value of the share will increase over time, but you cant call it a growth/star stock.
If we want to invest in hotels then there are other hotels which are up and running and perfoming!

Whats the point of holding this share when you can by directly in to the companies he has invested and reap stock dividends and other beneifts from those companies.

Its undervalued for sure

15Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:06 am

balapas

wallstreetguy wrote:
Leon wrote:

I called it bullshit, because without the source any joe can make the news and post them here. Would that be valuable to anyone just because your saying it!

I dont think so!

Funny he calls himself wallstreetguy. I have worked in Wall Street briefly as a secondment and met proper Wall Street guys. When there is some info one needs to do some research and then comment. Leon did mentioned that it was on print paper. I searched for the printed paper and found it. I did not read it on that day for some reason. Looking at wallstreetguy reply further down, it amplifies that he is actually sitting on his brain.

16Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 am

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

ronstyn wrote:

Thanks for your effort ronstyn

17Vone & Greener water... Empty Re: Vone & Greener water... Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 pm

shanesmith

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Thanks for both Leon & Ronstyn bringing this up & providing facts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum