FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC Vote_lcap68%Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC Vote_lcap18%Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC Vote_lcap13%Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by apple Today at 12:19 am

» CAL Initial Public Offer
by abey Today at 12:17 am

» HSenid IPO
by abey Today at 12:09 am

» CLC...DONT PANIC
by sureshot Yesterday at 10:53 pm

» Don't marry a stock, marry the idea of making money trading stocks. That's the only way to do it.
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Beware of Fabricated news on CLC
by Surajmp Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» LOLC Group Share Rise Imminent
by Winner123 Yesterday at 6:46 pm

» LOLC Advanced Technologies launches RT-LAMP Covid 19 Test Kit in Sri Lanka
by samaritan Yesterday at 4:37 pm

» NAMU/WATA super gain
by cseguide Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» WATA and other plantation stocks
by cseguide Yesterday at 12:17 pm

» SEMB.N and SEMB.X
by adjoseph Yesterday at 11:59 am

» LOFC Direction
by stockchaser Yesterday at 5:59 am

» CLC - Bull & Bear LOCKED HORNS - can blast at any time.
by D.G.Dayaratne Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:07 pm

» ඔමික්‍රෝන් ලංකාවට ඇතුලු වෙයි
by stockchaser Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:28 pm

» CLC - worth the Investment
by Captain Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:18 pm

» LOLC waiting for LOFC 100+ and CLC 100+
by Captain Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:17 pm

» Water For All - CIND
by LHW Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:37 pm

» COCR can be attractive
by C.THARANGA Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:22 pm

» SCAP just about to run
by Swissinvest Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:23 pm

» NP Rumored to enter SCAP
by Swissinvest Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:42 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC

Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC Empty Lots of 'grey areas' in SEC Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:03 pm

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

By Sulochana Ramiah Mohan

Director General of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Dr. Hareendra Dissa Bandara, resigned from his post yesterday, claiming his decision was based on principles.

He also said there are hidden facts and grey areas at the SEC, to which he has no answers, but keeps asking himself 'why it is so."Technically speaking, I have not utilized my last year's leave and this year's too. I have been working on Saturdays and Sundays. I am entitled for that lieu leave.

There are no secrets regarding my resignation. I am a person with integrity and I worked to bring the market back to what it was. I worked 18 hours a day, perhaps the commission members do not know," he said. Dr. Dissa Bandara said he had been the acting DG for several years and was made the DG last year. "But no one knows that I'm the DG. They still 'think' I'm the acting DG. Why is that? Many do not know my presence and my work. There are 'grey areas' and 'hidden secrets' for which I have no answers.

"I am a person with integrity. My sole purpose was to develop the market. What is the purpose in criticizing what is happening there? However, I must say, there are gray areas. There is not a single complaint against me or my work, saying that I am incompetent or inefficient. I do not want to disturb SEC activities and the Chairman's work. On the day the present SEC Chairman, Dr Nalaka Godahewa, assumed duty, I asked him, 'do you want me to continue,' and the reply he gave was, 'Yes of course.'

"I am a fultime lecturer at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura. The SEC had to obtain permission from the university to have me there. The university released me to the SEC, based on the SEC's request. From the year 2008, every two years, my SEC position has been extended. The final extension of the contract was from 2010 to 2012.

"But my point is, despite being appointed DG, I still receive letters addressing me as the Acting Director General. Usually, when the Acting DG is made the DG, it should be officially informed in a circular. That was not done. No proper protocol was followed. No one knows me as the DG. There are lots of other grey areas, which I would notify in a letter soon," Dr. Dissa Bandara said.

SEC Chairman Nalaka Godahewa told Ceylon Today, the DG was taken on contract basis and his one-year contract has been completed. The Chairman also said there is nothing else to add. "The plain truth is that his term is over."http://ceylontoday.lk/51-27842-news-detail-lots-of-grey-areas-in-sec.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum