FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

List of shares worth holding!

+5
tubal
Gaja
Steve
Monster
DeepFreakingValue
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1List of shares worth holding! Empty List of shares worth holding! Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:43 pm

DeepFreakingValue

DeepFreakingValue
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Aitken Spence
The booming Sri Lankan tourism industry and recovering Maldivian sector earnings would strengthen the bottom line of the company. The expanding Strategic Investments and Services sectors would further enhance and sustain the earnings growth in future.

Asian Hotels
Backed by growing tourist influx and revival in the hospitality sector (where the company holds 40% of the city 5 star room supply) coupled with the holding company’s real estate portfolio in prime locations in Colombo AHPL is stand to benefit significantly.

Ait. Spence Hotel
AHUN would benefit immensely from the local tourism boom with 09 properties in all strategic locations in the island which are upgraded. Also it plans to build new hotels in Down South, Jaffna and Trincomalee in the near future. In addition, its presence in the Maldives, India and Middle East would further strengthen the earnings with the recovery of the global tourism lull.

Colombo Dockyard
Colombo Dockyard exhibited robust earnings growth during the year on the back of increased ship building activity and increased contribution from heavy engineering segment. However the shipping industry has not fully recovered from the recession and thereby ship repairing work will be reduced in the coming year. DOCK expects to deliver 4 ships during the year 2010 and to double the income from heavy engineering activities by contributing to the national infrastructure development projects. Further the strategic move to off-shore engineering work has started paying back. Therefore we believe that DOCK will sustain the earnings growth in the future.

Distilleries
Despite the temporary setback caused by the Supreme Court ruling on SLIC we believe future prospects for DIST are promising, given the sustained growth in the beverage sector and with the purchase consideration for SLIC being paid (LKR 6.05 bn) provides the company the opportunity to capitalize on future lucrative investment opportunities. Further the group recently ventured into the genral insurance business with an initial investment of LKR500 mn and into a 4MW hydro power plant with an investment of LKR750 mn.

Lion Brewery
After recording a phenomenal performance in FY2010, LION’s future performance would augur with the positive potential outlay for the beer market predominantly coming from the tourist influx, overall increasing level of recreation activity and the incremental contribution from the North and East markets. The Indian venture (22.5% stake by LION) is to add value to LION’s bottom line in the medium-long term due to the long term nature of the investment.

Hemas Holdings
Revived FMCG sector, consistent earnings from the Pharmaceutical and Power segments would support group earnings. Further, the thus far underperforming leisure arm with 3 hotels would begin to strengthen the bottom line from 2010 onwards.

Hatton National Bank
Banking sector earnings are expected to be robust with interest margins of around 4.5% to be maintained in 2010E. Whilst HNB which has a relatively larger retail deposit base is projected to enjoy higher interest spreads and would also benefit from the growth in SME lending.

John Keells
Consistent performance of South Asia Gateway Terminals coupled with earnings from the much anticipated revival of the city and resort hotels. Further, with the North and East entirely opening up and the expected revival in the economy the consumer food and financial services sectors would strengthen group earnings. Furthermore, acting as a proxy to the market and due to continuous foreign interest on the counter JKH has further upside.

Royal Ceramics
A reconstruction boom in the North and East would drum up the overall economic growth whilst RCL would strongly benefit from the growing demand in the Western and Southern provinces. Further, with the local tourism expected to rebound hotel capacity building would prompt additional demand for highly quality tiles. Further, cost rationalising process in the factories and value added product manufacturing would strengthen company earnings.

Sampath Bank
Sampath Bank (SAMP) is well positioned to take advantage of this up trend in the banking sector with an island wide branch network of 149 and LKR171.4 bn asset base (which makes them the 3rd largest private commercial bank in the country). SAMP has an interest margin of 5.3% which is relatively higher compared to its peers. SAMP has been able to enjoy a higher interest margin because its focus is more on retail consumer base rather than corporate client base.

2List of shares worth holding! Empty Re: List of shares worth holding! Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:51 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

We should hold motor sector shares UML and DIMO. UML has released a strong 3Q financial report, which gives an EPS of Rs5.4. Its 9-mth profits are Rs556 mn (9-mth EPS of Rs8.3).

I am expecting similar growth in DIMO too. Similarly TYRE and LLUB should do well in this quarter.

3List of shares worth holding! Empty Re: List of shares worth holding! Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:46 am

Steve

Stock Trader

Monster wrote:We should hold motor sector shares UML and DIMO. UML has released a strong 3Q financial report, which gives an EPS of Rs5.4. Its 9-mth profits are Rs556 mn (9-mth EPS of Rs8.3).

I am expecting similar growth in DIMO too. Similarly TYRE and LLUB should do well in this quarter.

Hi I just discovered this site. So a newbie, Smile

I'm expecting much more from Dimo. My estimates (based on actual sales figures) make it a phenomenal year. Will easily over-shadow UML's performance. And it could sustain this provided there's no reversal in import taxes on vehicles.
If you are looking at a quarterly window, I would still say it's a BUY. My conservative estimate is an EPS of close upon Rs. 200/- for the FY ending Mar 2011. Do the math. Wink

The only obstacle for the stock to reflect it's true value once results are released, is it's high market price that understandably puts off many investors. But commons sense tells us that a dilution is imminent if the board (conservative as they could be) wants their stock to reflect the company's worth. I believe the patient investor will reap a massive return.

4List of shares worth holding! Empty Re: List of shares worth holding! Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:26 am

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

I Think following shares also worth holding for some period

01) LLUB - Frequent Dividend and Continuous appreciation in their Value ( Capital Gains )

There are some stocks need to be added to this list will do in the night

5List of shares worth holding! Empty Re: List of shares worth holding! Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:01 am

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Steve wrote:If you are looking at a quarterly window, I would still say it's a BUY. My conservative estimate is an EPS of close upon Rs. 200/- for the FY ending Mar 2011. Do the math. Wink

The only obstacle for the stock to reflect it's true value once results are released, is it's high market price that understandably puts off many investors. But commons sense tells us that a dilution is imminent if the board (conservative as they could be) wants their stock to reflect the company's worth. I believe the patient investor will reap a massive return.

EPS of 200? don't you think that estimate is a bit on the high side? Prove me wrong and I would be delighted (I am sitting on a few of these. I too had trouble collecting cause the price per share is so high).

6List of shares worth holding! Empty Re: List of shares worth holding! Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:46 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

above all are very good in long term.. but i do not think they will increase their price soon unless some foreign funds or EPS funds enter the market. current stock market are driven by retailers with the support of broker companies..their target is small/low priced companies.

7List of shares worth holding! Empty Re: List of shares worth holding! Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:37 pm

cweerakoon

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Predictions are bound to get wrong! Most of these are stagnating after 10 months!

8List of shares worth holding! Empty Re: List of shares worth holding! Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Monster

Monster

Steve wrote:
Monster wrote:We should hold motor sector shares UML and DIMO. UML has released a strong 3Q financial report, which gives an EPS of Rs5.4. Its 9-mth profits are Rs556 mn (9-mth EPS of Rs8.3).

Hi I just discovered this site. So a newbie, Smile

I'm expecting much more from Dimo. My estimates (based on actual sales figures) make it a phenomenal year. Will easily over-shadow UML's performance. And it could sustain this provided there's no reversal in import taxes on vehicles.
If you are looking at a quarterly window, I would still say it's a BUY. My conservative estimate is an EPS of close upon Rs. 200/- for the FY ending Mar 2011. Do the math. Wink

Steve, you have commented in early stage of this forum. But I didn't see any comments from you after that.

BTW, you have estimated DIMO will produce Rs 200/- in FY2011. You were correct. It has produced Rs 239.03 in FY2011. But look at the situation now. Still this share is stagnated while all the crap shares are hitting the roof. This is the sad situation in CSE these days.

9List of shares worth holding! Empty Re: List of shares worth holding! Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Rajaraam

tubal wrote:
Steve wrote:If you are looking at a quarterly window, I would still say it's a BUY. My conservative estimate is an EPS of close upon Rs. 200/- for the FY ending Mar 2011. Do the math. Wink

EPS of 200? don't you think that estimate is a bit on the high side? Prove me wrong and I would be delighted (I am sitting on a few of these. I too had trouble collecting cause the price per share is so high).

DIMO EPS 2010/2011 was Rs. 239.03 and for the Q 1 this year(2011/2012) was Rs.71.70 as per financials published. So we could expect EPS for current year around 250/- .(Just imagine the price is 1300/- so cheap.)

10List of shares worth holding! Empty Re: List of shares worth holding! Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:57 pm

amilaela

amilaela
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

bump

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001851586843

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum