FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Credit settlement period

+10
Slstock
duke
xmart
Meta Trader
jaya
econ
wis
invest-abc
tubal
Monster
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Credit settlement period Empty Credit settlement period Mon May 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Brokers said they were anticipating an announcement by the regulator further relaxing the margin trading credit settlement period when the market re-opens after being closed for religious holidays Tuesday and Wednesday.
http://www.lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=1019835869

Is it just a rumor?

2Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Mon May 16, 2011 5:31 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

As someone said in another thread, I sure hope the SEC compensates the poor blokes who sold at a loss or whose portfolios were force sold by brokers.

3Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Mon May 16, 2011 5:53 pm

invest-abc

Manager - Equity Analytics

tubal wrote:As someone said in another thread, I sure hope the SEC compensates the poor blokes who sold at a loss or whose portfolios were force sold by brokers.

Ya..it's about time SEC sticks to it's decision whether it's right or wrong. At least they need to be consistent. It's bit of a Joke at the moment...

4Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Mon May 16, 2011 7:19 pm

wis

Is our regulators male or female or not either of those type? If these wimps are changing the rules all the time where are we heading?

5Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Mon May 16, 2011 7:26 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

this is the nature of Sri Lankan government policy makers. they change policies suddenly. good examples are car market tax policies and share market regulations .
Thats why many international investors are reluctant to invest in SL.

6Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Mon May 16, 2011 8:34 pm

wis

I've lost around 40% since last year, just because I followed a firm plan but your country's regulators couldn't stick to one thing for 6 months. SEC is there to serve the brokers and the insider trading high net worth fraudsters not the investors. They make their laws, they make the profit, they protect the fraudsters. Look what happened to the number one market manipulator in the recent times. Evidence was open in the public. But the SEC was protecting the manipulator so far as to issue a warning to the forum saying they shouldn't name and shame the fraudster.

A few weeks back, I was just going to open an L.C. when your country's law makers changed their extortion scheme overnight. Fortunately I didn't open it, otherwise I will have to either take more credit from somewhere or donate my car to customs so that they can auction it to their friends. Because that was all I can afford, not any more. Because I was a law abiding citizen, not an insider trader. Now I'm traveling in your country's public transportation where each bus is run by a mafia made out from individual businessman, each running it's own business to make as much money as possible in their race. And I didn't get my 3 rupees change yesterday probably because coins are sold for metal. I wonder where I can get coins. Even banks refuse to change.

This shows what happens to law abiding citizens. I don't know what sin I did to be born in this lawless cursed land. Your country need some humans, at least in control. Laws have gone to dogs where dogs are enforcing the laws.

7Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Mon May 16, 2011 8:50 pm

jaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

They (SEC) are doing experiment with poor investor’s life. SEC should have to be comprised with well educated maturated professionals.

8Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Mon May 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

another insider leak i suppose . i'm waiting till the so called "official announcement "

9Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Mon May 16, 2011 11:30 pm

xmart

xmart

mhh. may be this is the reason to sudden momentum in last trading hour!
ok, this is not the worlds end. wait and see what would happen on Thursday.

10Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Tue May 17, 2011 8:39 am

duke

Security Leak Commission must had talks with the brokers and the market manipulators, the ones those regulators are serving. i won't be surprised if they change bank guarantee rules even. we should have mandatory announcements of the share purchases of the SLC officials and their families and they should be investigated for insider trading. i also have worked to these regulator's plans and have lost quite a lot when they changed them overnight. i hope the SLC will refund my losses. are we going for another change? the governemnt should transfer these SLC regulators to the Abans cleaning personnel. ah, no then we'll see garbage collection every 5 days, then 7 days, then 10 days, and then indefinitely. it seems brokers and manipulators were informed by the SLC for several weeks. somebody should punish these SLC regulators. final advice is don't play by the laws and regulations. if you want to succeed manipulate the market, do insider trading. that's the sri lanka security leaks commissions message to you.

11Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Tue May 17, 2011 9:15 am

tubal

duke wrote:Security Leak Commission must had talks with the brokers and the market manipulators, the ones those regulators are serving. i won't be surprised if they change bank guarantee rules even. we should have mandatory announcements of the share purchases of the SLC officials and their families and they should be investigated for insider trading. i also have worked to these regulator's plans and have lost quite a lot when they changed them overnight. i hope the SLC will refund my losses. are we going for another change? the governemnt should transfer these SLC regulators to the Abans cleaning personnel. ah, no then we'll see garbage collection every 5 days, then 7 days, then 10 days, and then indefinitely. it seems brokers and manipulators were informed by the SLC for several weeks. somebody should punish these SLC regulators. final advice is don't play by the laws and regulations. if you want to succeed manipulate the market, do insider trading. that's the sri lanka security leaks commissions message to you.

Right you are duke. This is just crazy, so many people (me included) increased their cash position because of possible credit clearing. Now this rumour. It could wel be that this rumour has a solid basis and the leak commision (that's a good one) will announce it thursday or friday. On the other hand it could also be a rumour put out to enable the big boys to exit their position and distribute their debts amongst the retailers.

In any case the SEC really ought to make an announcement on thursday either confirming or denying these rumours.

12Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Tue May 17, 2011 9:42 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

To me SEC is no more than a immature Child who does not know what the best option is. So they experiment to find out without foresight. Really SEC is there to protect the small timers specially right. Now we the small timers are the Guneia pigs who suffer due to their constant change of policy. First they take extreme decisions without much thinking saying it is to protect the investor and for the best. Then when it goes wrong ( after all the disaster) they change it again claiming it is for the best of market. By that time the retailer have got burnt badly and some lost their life saving. During force selling time big guys who are not really effected much get bargains at the small timer expense. Then they play with the market for artificial rallies and then dump. In the middle Retailer join the rally again thinking oh this running. Then comes force selling and the cycle continues.

Then SEC comes in and says in the best interest of investors( Which investors?) we change policy again. I ask you isn;t the damage done?

To start with this credit issue should have been done it steps . Not in big chunks like 50% and then 100% within a few months and then changing timelines to their fancy.

This is all what I am saying

1) If you implement a policy good or bad stick to it and finish it to the end . Making changes in the middle does more
harm than and good most times
2) If you are unsure of what you are doing don;t experiment on an extreme to start with. It is small timers you are playing with whom you are supposed to protect.

Atleast SEC , please learn from you mistakes.

Last edited by slstock on Tue May 17, 2011 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Tue May 17, 2011 9:49 am

wis

My biggest lose was last year. I followed the Security Leak Commission rules and sold at a loss. And then suddenly they announced they're going to change the rules one evening. I shouldn't have made any losses but because of Indrani I lost almost half my hard earned money and I was investing in solid blue chip shares.

Anybody know Indrani's email address?

14Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 am

wiki

Ha ha don’t worry guys we are creating a miracle here don’t you know it...

This is what happens when top rankers are politically motivated. SEC desperately needs to have a
boss who has experience in capital market not in plantations.

SEC cannot justify if they extend the credit clearance deadline this time. There should be a limit to experiment in capital markets. How on earth this deadline could extend two times. This means even regulators have no idea about how much credit is there.

In another thread someone mentioned that Capital trust is having lot of credit and those are transferred to their margin providing company. Yes I personally know that CT does not bother to settle their credit during the given period and now they have transferred their credit. If other brokering firms have little or no credit to settle what is the purpose of extending the deadline?

15Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Tue May 17, 2011 11:22 am

xmart

xmart

wis wrote:My biggest lose was last year. I followed the Security Leak Commission rules and sold at a loss. And then suddenly they announced they're going to change the rules one evening. I shouldn't have made any losses but because of Indrani I lost almost half my hard earned money and I was investing in solid blue chip shares.

Anybody know Indrani's email address?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Malik Cader
Director General
Tel: 94-011-2345331
E-mail: malik@sec.gov.lk

SECURITIES AND
EXCHANGE COMMISSION
OF SRI LANKA
Level 28, East Tower
World Trade Center
Echelon Square
Colombo 1
Sri Lanka
-----------------------------------------
Mr. Dhammika Perera
Director
Investigations
Tel: 94-011-2345327
E-mail: dhammika@sec.gov.lk
------------------------------------------------
PROCEDURE FOR HANDLING COMPLAINTS

The SEC's objective as stated in its mission statement is to promote develop and maintain a securities market that is fair, efficient, orderly, and transparent. Underpinning these objectives is SEC's ultimate responsibility of protecting investors. The SEC welcomes complaints from investors pertaining to improper conduct of market participants and other irregularities, in order to ensure the protection of investors in the securities market.

SEC for the purposes of administration has identified and categorized the following issues that could arise in the securities market:

1 COMPLAINTS AGAINST STOCK BROKERS AND STOCK DEALERS

Most of the complaints made against stockbrokers are related to the quality of advice or the level of the services provided by them

2 COMPLAINTS AGAINST LISTED COMPANIES

Most of the complaints made against listed companies are related to issues regarding shares, dividends, bonus issues, rights issues and /or dissemination of financial information.

3 COMPLAINTS CONCERNING TRADING IN SECURITIES

Most common trading activity complaints are in relation to insider dealing, market manipulation and/or front running.

4 COMPLAINTS AGAINST REGISTERED MARKET INTERMEDIARIES AND MANAGERS OF UNIT TRUSTS

Most common complaints made against Market Intermediaries and managers of Unit Trusts are in relation to breach of agreements between client and the service provider.

5 COMPLAINTS AGAINST THE COLOMBO STOCK EXCHANGE

The Colombo Stock Exchange welcomes comments and complaints in their role as a market operator.

All complaints made to the SEC should be in writing. However, information provided orally will be permitted in exceptional circumstances as determined by the SEC.

extracted from http://www.sec.gov.lk/

16Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Wed May 18, 2011 1:12 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

duke wrote:Security Leak Commission must had talks with the brokers and the market manipulators, the ones those regulators are serving. i won't be surprised if they change bank guarantee rules even. we should have mandatory announcements of the share purchases of the SLC officials and their families and they should be investigated for insider trading. i also have worked to these regulator's plans and have lost quite a lot when they changed them overnight. i hope the SLC will refund my losses. are we going for another change? the governemnt should transfer these SLC regulators to the Abans cleaning personnel. ah, no then we'll see garbage collection every 5 days, then 7 days, then 10 days, and then indefinitely. it seems brokers and manipulators were informed by the SLC for several weeks. somebody should punish these SLC regulators. final advice is don't play by the laws and regulations. if you want to succeed manipulate the market, do insider trading. that's the sri lanka security leaks commissions message to you.

"security leaks commission"
what a name !
from now on i' ll use this name instead of the original !

17Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Thu May 19, 2011 8:38 am

CSE Today

CSE Today

xmart wrote:
Mr. Malik Cader
Director General

SECURITIES AND
EXCHANGE COMMISSION
OF SRI LANKA
Level 28, East Tower
World Trade Center
Echelon Square
Colombo 1
Sri Lanka
Mr. Dhammika Perera
Director
Investigations

Hikz...! xmart can you pls verify who is this Perera...specially I need to know it coz of the Post[Designation/duty ] bounded for the said Perera...lol

18Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Thu May 19, 2011 9:07 am

milanka

milanka

CSE Today wrote:
xmart wrote:
Mr. Malik Cader
Director General

SECURITIES AND
EXCHANGE COMMISSION
OF SRI LANKA
Level 28, East Tower
World Trade Center
Echelon Square
Colombo 1
Sri Lanka
Mr. Dhammika Perera
Director
Investigations

Hikz...! xmart can you pls verify who is this Perera...specially I need to know it coz of the Post[Designation/duty ] bounded for the said Perera...lol

I understand waht you are referring to. RCL DP and SEC DP two different..

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

19Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Thu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3803-rule-changed-again

Official announcement - http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/4471305790255_.pdf

20Credit settlement period Empty Re: Credit settlement period Sun May 22, 2011 1:15 am

Monster

Monster

wis wrote:I've lost around 40% since last year, just because I followed a firm plan but your country's regulators couldn't stick to one thing for 6 months. SEC is there to serve the brokers and the insider trading high net worth fraudsters not the investors. They make their laws, they make the profit, they protect the fraudsters. Look what happened to the number one market manipulator in the recent times. Evidence was open in the public. But the SEC was protecting the manipulator so far as to issue a warning to the forum saying they shouldn't name and shame the fraudster.

A few weeks back, I was just going to open an L.C. when your country's law makers changed their extortion scheme overnight. Fortunately I didn't open it, otherwise I will have to either take more credit from somewhere or donate my car to customs so that they can auction it to their friends. Because that was all I can afford, not any more. Because I was a law abiding citizen, not an insider trader. Now I'm traveling in your country's public transportation where each bus is run by a mafia made out from individual businessman, each running it's own business to make as much money as possible in their race. And I didn't get my 3 rupees change yesterday probably because coins are sold for metal. I wonder where I can get coins. Even banks refuse to change.

This shows what happens to law abiding citizens. I don't know what sin I did to be born in this lawless cursed land. Your country need some humans, at least in control. Laws have gone to dogs where dogs are enforcing the laws.

My friend! Your e-mail is published in Sunday Times. We are proud of you my friend. Hats off to you.
http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110522/BusinessTimes/bt20.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum