FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

Sri Lanka Economy Vote_lcap68%Sri Lanka Economy Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
Sri Lanka Economy Vote_lcap18%Sri Lanka Economy Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
Sri Lanka Economy Vote_lcap13%Sri Lanka Economy Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™ » Sri Lanka Economy

Sri Lanka Economy

+36
CITIZEN
Miss-Sangeetha
GOSL
kasun_gimhana
ColomboCSE
Teller
ThilinaM
Ekanayake90
Promoney
Arrowrisk
KavinduTM
Quibit
NANDANA2012
fireshelter
anges
reyaz
skyfall
samaritan
Sarabulathwita
Hawk Eye
soileconomy
Balanced_Views
fff4sl
VALUEPICK
NC
RPPA
NZ BOY
kuma524
PriyanDV
Harry82
EPS
jaya
duke
achala75
$$$
High.Risk.High.Return
40 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Sri Lanka Economy Empty Sri Lanka Economy Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:07 pm

High.Risk.High.Return

High.Risk.High.Return
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

President Mahinda Rajapaksa led UPFA secured an overwhelming mandate at yesterday’s Local Government Election-2011, obtaining power of 205 local bodies from 234 in which elections were held.

2Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:25 pm

$$$


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Sue thing good times a head ...stability is good

3Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:28 pm

achala75


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

You are right. Hopfully Invester confidence will further improved. Can expect more investors both local and foreign would turn to CSE. Laughing

4Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 pm

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

could it be the last two days part of the campaign
as soon as voting ended it's over
if market up people would be happy
now food, fuel prices

5Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:32 pm

jaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics


No way, we could not expect foreign buyers; any Government will buy also local buyers run the market.

6Sri Lanka Economy Empty Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:39 pm

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

With the Expecting economy favorable budget, which companies will benifited ?

7Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Harry82

Harry82
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Banking and Finance (HNB ,SAMP,NTB, LFIN ,CFIN,VFIN,CDB,)
RCL
LWL
CERA


8Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:48 pm

PriyanDV


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

most probably Exports oriented companies ...!

9Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:48 pm

kuma524

kuma524
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

PLANTATION SECTOR....???

10Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:49 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY
Moderator
Moderator

Rubber and tea

11Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:51 pm

RPPA


Expert
Expert

NO NO NO

MR favorable budget.

man goda yana budget ekak.

A kiyanne kama budget ekak. "Badata sahanaya"

12Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:55 pm

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hope subsidies will be given for;
- Manufacturing
- Hotels and travels
- Plantation
-Bank and Finance
-Construction

Little on:
- Footwear/textile and Information technology

And; Beverage, food and tobacco.. ( cannot say + /- )

13Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:58 pm

RPPA


Expert
Expert

@NC wrote:Hope subsidies will be given for;
- Manufacturing
- Hotels and travels
- Plantation
-Bank and Finance
-Construction

Little on:
- Footwear/textile and Information technology

And; Beverage, food and tobacco.. ( cannot say + /- )

Machang NC

no no no

You have given a general comment.That is easy guess.

14Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 pm

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@RPPA wrote:
@NC wrote:Hope subsidies will be given for;
- Manufacturing
- Hotels and travels
- Plantation
-Bank and Finance
-Construction

Little on:
- Footwear/textile and Information technology

And; Beverage, food and tobacco.. ( cannot say + /- )

Machang NC

no no no

You have given a general comment.That is easy guess.

Thats Mahinda Chinthanaya... Very Happy
This budget will be more target on Presidential election... That's the point of view we should look at... Very Happy

15Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

May be support for poultry, tea, rural development, value added products, and Indigenous-Medicine.

16Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 pm

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

How about the Motor Sector ? Will Announce any Tax reductions?
Also, any good news for Food sector companies.
Then, Think Hotels sector.
I think some Manufacturing companies also will have benefits.

17Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:04 pm

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

"The government says it focused on a Medium Term Budgetary Framework 2015 - 2017 mainly to ensure development by creating more livelihood and employment opportunities, food security, energy security and environmental safety with particular emphasis on low income and poor families."

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_14B/Oct23_1414043285CH.php

18Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 pm

RPPA


Expert
Expert

@VALUEPICK wrote:May be support for poultry, tea, rural development, value added products, and Indigenous-Medicine.

I like your picks. Bit different to others.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

19Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:08 pm

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@EPS wrote:How about the Motor Sector ? Will Announce any Tax reductions?
Also, any good news for Food sector companies.
Then, Think Hotels sector.
I think some Manufacturing companies also will have benefits.

I don't think this budget will more care on motors except construction vehicles/machines. However, tax increase of Hybrid vehicles could be expected (rumor)....
Lets see... Very Happy

20Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:17 pm

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

Proposed taxes

n15 per cent salary hike as an allowance subjected to a maximum of
Rs. 2500 for public sector employees and raising subsidies for agriculture.
n10-25 per cent increase in taxes on imported liquor, tobacco, the
annual licence for motor vehicles, the Nation Building Tax and Value Added
Tax (VAT) for purchases in supermarkets, malls, hotels and restaurants.
nTo protect local manufacturers, taxes on imported leather, plastic,
metal, steel products, furniture, pharmaceuticals, biscuits, chocolates,
confectioneries, apparel and textile will be increased.
Most of these financial and budgetary proposals will be included in
annexures but not in the budget speech, a senior government official said.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/141005/business-times/2015-sri-lankan-budget-bag-full-of-election-goodies-120454.html

21Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:24 pm

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

http://www.parliament.lk/files/pdf/budget/2015/appropriation_2015_bill.pdf

22Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:21 pm

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@EPS wrote:Proposed taxes

n15 per cent salary hike as an allowance subjected to a maximum of
Rs. 2500 for public sector employees and raising subsidies for agriculture.
n10-25 per cent increase in taxes on imported liquor, tobacco, the
annual licence for motor vehicles, the Nation Building Tax and Value Added
Tax (VAT) for purchases in supermarkets, malls, hotels and restaurants.
nTo protect local manufacturers, taxes on imported leather, plastic,
metal, steel products, furniture, pharmaceuticals, biscuits, chocolates,
confectioneries, apparel and textile will be increased.
Most of these financial and budgetary proposals will be included in
annexures but not in the budget speech, a senior government official said.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/141005/business-times/2015-sri-lankan-budget-bag-full-of-election-goodies-120454.html

the following tax increases are totally unfair according to my view;
- Tobacco; Most labours highly depend on tobacco, and they cannot give up it all. How much is there daily earning...? and how much they spend on cigars...?
- Annual licence for motor vehicles; Dual purpose (DP) and heavy vehicles (HV) renwal fees're even now at a high. But, luxury and semi-luxury taxes are comparatively low. Those DP and HV either, transport cargo either passengers. So, what happens transport cost of those..? This's not the way that a Gov. should look at low income people..
- Pharmaceuticals; How much of drugs are manufactured in local, the SPC, GSK.. ? 200 products, and its over all 15% of market. 85% are imported. And, many patients are reluctant to use local products bcz of quality and all... What'll happen to patients? Many medicines're life long or long term therapy...
I wonder these, taxes are to protect the manufactures or to protect the government.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

23Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:38 pm

fff4sl

fff4sl
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@NC wrote:
@RPPA wrote:
@NC wrote:Hope subsidies will be given for;
- Manufacturing
- Hotels and travels
- Plantation
-Bank and Finance
-Construction

Little on:
- Footwear/textile and Information technology

And; Beverage, food and tobacco.. ( cannot say + /- )

Machang NC

no no no

You have given a general comment.That is easy guess.

Thats Mahinda Chinthanaya... Very Happy
This budget will be more target on Presidential election... That's the point of view we should look at... Very Happy

I agree with you...

24Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Balanced_Views


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@EPS wrote:With the Expecting economy favorable budget, which companies will benifited ?

TKYO

25Sri Lanka Economy Empty Re: Sri Lanka Economy Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Corporate taxes will be increased?government servants get salary increment .due to presidential election people will be given more consessions at the expenses of private sector.to be honest this budget will not be a good one for private sector.

Main objective of the budget to increase vote base not to improve economy.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum