FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

RPPA NC AKALANKA BALANCE VIEW VALUEPICK SHARK - TIME TO EXPRESS UR IDEAD ON PRESENT MARKET CONDITION.

+2
Akalanka
goldenboy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

goldenboy

goldenboy
Manager - Equity Analytics

Dear Expert,

RPPA is keeping alive this forum.We really appreciated you.

NC AKALANKA BALANCE VIEW VALUEPICK SHARK

Could you please tell us what do you think about next week market condition ?

GB
B+

Akalanka

Akalanka

its a really difficult for me to give a vivid picture on this issue ..
there was continuos forign buying for couple of days and asi grew without any correction.. so i ve been waiting for a correction to enter in.. but with the news it went down further than expected. .
so on next monday ppl who are more fragile will try to sell at possibe to be on safe side. and will create a paradise for collectors.
for the recnt mkt growth mainly Lioc tkyo ael n some fundamentals worked hard to raise Asi.. so weeknes in those triggerd the panic much more.

if some more parlimentarians also jump in here n there. .will be able to create political instability which can trigger to scare off investors. so most will exit to save the earned
in any panic situation continous downtrend cannot be expected. . big boys will definietly try to pull up again to exit. so at this point even following the end of panic, sudden surge can occure. depending on the volume we hv to deside what to do..

Rppa has posted a nice informative thread with prices to enter. so entering at them with close observation with trend can give quick returns even in a bear mkt .
its always good to be not on margins. credit. on friday even most hv cleared there margins.

lets see on monday.

best wishes....

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Best thing is to wait till tomorrow ...... 3rd Reading of the Budget.

Market will be Deffa RED due to possible cross over news

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

I twitted Harsha & MS to say something about the CSE also Very Happy

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

We have to wait and see.

I have to agree with following what Akalanka said.

• Will create a paradise for collectors.

• In any panic situation continuous downtrend cannot be expected.

• Even following the end of panic, sudden surge can occur

Actually few of my shares didn’t appreciate much and they will not go down much except few cents because they are not crowded. I bought them due to my valid reason and I can wait until I meet my reason mid to long term. I can reduce if I want during next six months to 18 months. Only crowded stocks can come down if some become panic. That also may be for very short run. Remember still major uptrend is intact. So pullback will create opportunities. We should realize few stocks went up rapidly. They are having some pullback now.

In any market there are Byers and sellers. It is normal. When some become panic it creates opportunities for some. Remember there were lot of selling when COMB was trading around Rs.110/?

This may be good time to rotate stocks and sectors as well. Can we find attractive value in some stocks? Yes. It is all depend on the strategy. Value investors buy stock on value. Short term and day traders have their own strategy. They are more vulnerable to short term events.

I would like to reduce, increase and rotate stocks depend on the market situation. It is time to prepare for next stages of this market. I missed some valuables stocks. I would like to watch them now.

May be investors will go for defensive sectors in the short run. Among defensive sectors consumer staples are good for good and bad times. They are outperforming the global stocks markets in panic situations, recession and in good times as well.

I still believe CSE can reach around 8000 by the end of this year or in January 2015. After that there can be some selloff before they reach next stages. I may be right or wrong. Please do your home work.

Finally we need to analyze which sectors have more to gain and lose in a crisis, and decide on mid and a long-term plan. This type of uncertainty can lead to great opportunities for investors who position themselves to take advantage of it. Some investors might decide to be offensive and that will lead to great returns when things turn around.

As long as major uptrend is intact we can stay bullish.

Good luck!

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

I am being very simplistic.

If MS wins or Market senses the Tide is changing .... with given backing MS has at the moment..... You will witness great strides in CSE ASPI. A Dream 10000 in the Making Very Happy in 2015.

Most Mid Caps will turn into BIG caps.
Small Caps to Mid Caps

This is Defa Very Happy

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

As I told in my recent post, (http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t39118-attention-do-not-want-a-unwanted-panic) my view on ASI is still remain bullish.. And dip'll slowly recover in next couple of days.. people may rush to collect some profit and adjust the PF, however it'll be recover soon.
In trading there's a strong discipline that, " In trading trade only what you see, not what you think" and I continuously practice it. Hence, rather I see this as an opportunity to re-enter to the market at a fresh signal.
And if MR wins or if MS wins market will up..
Thus if we've invested in fundamentally sounded stocks we've got nothing worry for noises. Like Warren Buffet says, " Buy stocks, thinking that market'll close for another five years."

So, I'm waiting for fresh signal to buy at any time my favourites; LIOC, WATA, ESL, KAPI

Very Happy

GroundedKestrel

GroundedKestrel

SHARK, what cap does VPEL fall under? Very Happy

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

GroundedKestrel wrote:SHARK, what cap does VPEL fall under? Very Happy
Very Intersting cheers