FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Report a Tax Evasion and Get Rewarded upto 15%
by God Father Yesterday at 11:51 am

» LankaGPT Platform Launched in Sri Lanka
by God Father Wed May 29, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Popularity Is Surging With Travelers. Here’s Where To Go
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:10 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:06 pm

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed May 29, 2024 10:17 am

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Wed May 29, 2024 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

When can we learn a lesson as a Nation?

+8
RPPA
SporeInvestor
THILANGAF
SHARK aka TAH
lux2014
Jiggysaurus
nalban
D-Rexton
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:48 pm

D-Rexton

D-Rexton
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Dear Editor of this Forum, Please stop political discussion in this web, but talk about CSE and business. It is interrelated – CSE & Political trend. I fully agree on it. But some people have posted here the views of local and international agents, as experts’ comments (Dayan and Nandana Gunathilaka) – I will paste my comments at the end of this letter.

Please do not kill the character of MR with ulterior motives. Here, people even have mentioned about wearing (shoe/shirts) of Namal. Did writer (of this forum) see it and check about it with a solid confirmation? Those rumors are well made by Int. sociologists (agents) to create a negative impact in every corner against the government.

I am an internationally exposed individual. I really know what happened in Libya, Middle-East, and presently in Ukraine. International conspiracies are well-funded, well-planned, well-timed, well-coordinated and then executed.

People who mention about the corruptions of MR, should equally mention / inquire following questions too;

How a family of gramasewaka became the most rich and influential family in Polonnaruwa – within 1994-2014? How those two brothers became multi-billionaires? (star hotels, rice monopoly, construction companies ...etc)

As Chandika said she had an empty pocket when she reentered into politics in 90s. Then, who did spend in education and lavish life in London, for her son and daughter who did not return back to serve general public? Approximate amount could be more than 20-25 billion.

How many corruption & misappropriation allegations were aimed against Chandika?

Can we forget the TV drama of Ranil-Chandrika during 2000-2005 – everyday TV battle that was watched by all citizens – What was the heading of the country at that time?

What would be the heading of our country (grand strategy of nation) under such politically corrupted and bankrupted joint-party?

NOW, it is the duty of parents and intellectuals to come forward and edify the society, especially for young people who are between 18 to 30 years, who were not exposed under all regimes (JR>RP>DB>CBK>MR)

MR regime is not 100% perfect, but it is the best solution to think forward in case of stability of our nation. The regime has to be re-corrected in some corners. I fully agree on it. But, Still, MR is the best selection to lead our nation.

When can we learn a lesson as a Nation?

My answers regarding web posting of Dayan and Nandana Gunathilaka;

Regarding Dayan:  Please do not paste ideas of international agents. What is the history of this man? A member of EPRLF team that declared eelam in 1987, then left the country in fear of LTTE (LTTE started killing EPRLF members after IPKF left the country). In 2007, MR used him to fight in Geneva  against agents, but kept hand in distance - Wisen wisa mareema
This forum is focused on CSE, not on dirty politics. Let's talk about the market please.

Regarding Nandana Gunathilaka: Do you know the history of Nandana Gunathillaka? What is his back ground? Why he left JVP and joined with MR? I can explain you well, but have no time to waste for a useless matter. International conspiracy are well-funded, well-planned, well-timed, well-coordinated and executed. Sometimes, our fools will understand it later. Then, we all may be too late. This happened in 2000-2005 after signing of a peace agreement. But, still we have not learnt a lesson as a nation.

nalban

Manager - Equity Analytics

well said brother , There are some experts in this forum too trying to promote their political polarizations using this forum as a platform.

These people are not even in SL , we have lived in this country for last 40 years with country first attitude.

I have already pasted a link in this forum about My3
http://dbsjeyaraj.com/dbsj/archives/17238.

These conspiracies come and go but the country will go forward because the people in this country cannot be bought by Dollars .

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

nalban wrote:

These people are not even in SL

Ayyo where are they coming from? Dubai walinda?

lux2014

lux2014

Personally I feel this forth coming presidential election should not be a battle between two parties/camps/individuals.

Also, personally I feel it is quite impossible to find a "clean" politician in this country any more -- from any party/camp.

Therefore, best we can do is to,

- Reform electoral system so that decent people can contest and go to Parliament. Under the old system people could do so, but now one has to be a millionaire/billionaire or sell one's soul to shady businessmen to contest an election .

- Reform executive presidential system too because that can corrupt other branches of the state --legislature and judiciary-- due to its excessive powers. Power corrupts always.

If President Mahinda Rajapaksa does the above now, I'll vote for him. Otherwise, I will vote for Maithripala Sirisena because of the undertaking he gave to effect above changes.

It's about changing the system and NOT the people involved.

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

D-Rexton,

Dr Dayan and others who are sidelined now were instrumental in UN to win against the International Agents of your so called.

So you are ok if MaRa Steals, because you see something we dont see Very Happy
So you are ok His family stealing...
And His Ministers Stealing
You are ok with China acquiring Part of the Port
You are Ok China having a naval base, so we can see China India US fighting in our doorstep so you can watch interesting NEWS clips from Ukraine.
You are ok with KP Karuna & Pillay Company with GTF

I stated earlier why MaRa does not want Srilanka Foreign Diplomats win in UN.....

Simply because he will not have another tune to play for His Sons succession.

nalban

Actually a parliament sub committee headed by minister Dinesh Gunawardena completed a project to propose a new electoral system to do away with preferential system.

Implementation is pressurized by minority parties ,

they will be wiped out from the system if the new system is implemented.
http://www.onetext.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Dinesh-Gunawardena-Report-Interim-Report-of-Select-Committee-on-electoral-reforms.pdf

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

BTW are you happy Mr. Putin bulldozing Ukraine thanks to Pro Russian Rebels .... Dont tell common man in Ukrainian about it ..... You will be sent home back to Srilanka to do MaRa election campaign. Very Happy

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

nalban wrote:Actually a parliament sub committee headed by minister Dinesh Gunawardena completed a project to propose a new electoral system to do away with preferential system.

Implementation is pressurized by minority parties ,

they will be wiped out from the system if the new system is implemented.
http://www.onetext.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Dinesh-Gunawardena-Report-Interim-Report-of-Select-Committee-on-electoral-reforms.pdf
I dont see major issue if all are agreed. We need to do away with sectarian politics.

THILANGAF

We should against any corruption either MR did or MS did for that no argument.

You can criticize Sri Lankan president no issue. But as Sri lankan staying outside of the country I feel bad about when some members making comments here. Shark always calling president as a 'Mara'.
Whether u like or not he is a Sri lankan president.

10When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:19 am

D-Rexton

D-Rexton
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Well said THILANGAF.
We should be impartial and realistic enough, when we make comments in this forum. This web page is not for politics, but it is about CSE. I kindly suggest to have a different picture on the top - relevant to CSE, and change the theme too ( Political Uncertainty.......)

SporeInvestor

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Rexton agree. I have been looking into this forum lately and find that politics has become the subject matter. Sri lankans in general are highly emotive and tend to loose track of the purpose of this forum.

RPPA

Expert
Expert

SporeInvestor wrote:Rexton agree. I have been looking into this forum lately and find that politics has become the subject matter. Sri lankans in general are highly emotive and tend to loose track of the purpose of this forum.

SporeInvestor

I would like see you more active here. As it is important for us understand the what a foreigner thinks about out our market in a true scence. Very Happy

SporeInvestor

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

RPPA
please see other responses elsewhere and you will see what my thoughts are... I for one I am betting on Sri Lanka on a long term basis regardless of the political turmoil. Rewards i believe are commensurate to the risks involved. The risk associated with the political situation is short term and i think most foreign investors are seeing it as it is. I am wondering when the local investors will come to the party again.

nalban

Valuable thoughts guys, we as people with knowledge and Education must put the country first irrespective of our political polarizations.

As this is an investor forum there should be a healthy debate about Macro economic indicators like GDP, BOP, current account balance, GDP per capita, Budget deficit, Debt percentage against GDP etc.

I don't see some experts talk about them,   Bcos they know these numbers accepted by international bodies like IMF, ADB don't lie.

I travel all over the country and see things for my self. Let us discuss things constructively.

15When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:37 am

D-Rexton

D-Rexton
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Exactly nalban. your comment is  very professional. Let' s talk about economic parameters / indicators, even accepted by world bodies. I kindly suggest to have a different picture on the top - relevant to CSE, and change the theme ( Political Uncertainty.......) too.

16When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 pm

SporeInvestor

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I kindly suggest to have a different picture on the top - relevant to CSE, and change the theme ( Political Uncertainty.......) too.

I second that...

17When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

I too feel its time we change back from politics to stock market....

18When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:21 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

this will facilitate all members to refocus our minds .....

19When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:22 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

its time we get back to what we do in this forum..... let us from start it all over again Very Happy

20When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:24 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

there are better opportunities in consecutive red days...

i collected few shares and put BUY orders for some, not yet filled

21When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:28 pm

SporeInvestor

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

You guys run this forum... Its time you do something about it.
If some of you want to discuss politics why not create a separate area for it.

People can focus on what they want to.. you know what I mean..

22When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:46 pm

D-Rexton

D-Rexton
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I kindly suggest to have a different picture on the top - relevant to CSE, and change the theme ( Political Uncertainty.......) too.

23When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:56 pm

jonny

jonny
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

SporeInvestor wrote:I kindly suggest to have a different picture on the top - relevant to CSE, and change the theme ( Political Uncertainty.......) too.

I second that...

Yeah...Bloody sickening...!!

24When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:58 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

please Sstar can we change ...... the banner

25When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Empty Re: When can we learn a lesson as a Nation? Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:59 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

lets start december afresh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum