FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LankaGPT Platform Launched in Sri Lanka
by God Father Wed May 29, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Popularity Is Surging With Travelers. Here’s Where To Go
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:10 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:06 pm

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed May 29, 2024 10:17 am

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Wed May 29, 2024 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNION bank receives 11.4 billion fresh capital

+4
barba
vic19
tha
Teller
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Teller

Teller

Feb 21, Colombo: Union Bank of Colombo PLC (UBC) stated that 2014 marked a year of change in its 20 year history having received a significant capital infusion of Rs. 11.4 billion from Culture Financial Holdings, an affiliate of TPG, one of the largest private global investment firms.

Teller

Teller

This investment is one of the largest FDIs to Sri Lanka in the recent times. UBC is well positioned for its next phase of growth with the highest Capital Adequacy Ratio of 41.47% in the industry,
Highlighting on its performance UBC group which includes UB Finance Company Ltd and National Asset Management Ltd, reported a pre tax profit of Rs. 233 million in comparison to Rs.148 Million during recorded in 2013. Profit after tax of the Group was Rs. 78.2 Million for the year ended 31st December 2014. The Bank reported a profit before tax of Rs. 113 Million for the year. Profit after tax for the year is Rs.57 Million.

The Group reported a 53.2% increase in Net Interest Income (NII) during the year, recording Rs.1,970 million in comparison to Rs.1,286 million in 2013. The Bank NII also increased by 52.5% in 2014 amounting to Rs. 1,763 million for the year 2014, compared to Rs. 1,155 million posted last year. The primary reason for this was the reduction of Rs. 764 million in interest expenditure during 2014 due to re-pricing based on the reduction of interest rates and the improvement in the CASA ratio.

The Group's total assets increased by 42.7% to cross the Rs. 50 billion mark to reach Rs.52,564 Million in comparison to Rs.36,824 million in 2013. This is largely attributed to the capital infusion. The Group has reported a 15.3% growth in loans and advances despite the reduction in the pawning portfolio of the Bank. The Bank's Loans and advances recorded a growth of 10.6% over 2013. Bank's subsidiary, UB Finance has recorded a commendable growth subsequent to its focus on restructuring itself during the initial few years after the investment. Total liabilities of the group recorded Rs. 4.436 million growth resulting in Rs. 36,067 million as at the year end.

The CASA mix increased significantly to 24.9% from 19.2% in 2013.

Fee and other income of the group recorded a 5.9% growth to be at Rs. 773 million for the year in comparison to Rs. 730 million in 2013. National Asset Management Ltd reported a significant growth of 55.6% in fee income. This is attributed to the growth in funds under management in 2014 in comparison to 2013.

Group's operating income reported a Rs. 727 million increase, resulting in a 36% growth overall in comparison to 2013. Total operating income of the Group for the year was Rs. 2,743 million compared to Rs. 2,016 million in 2013. The Bank recorded an operating income of Rs. 2,2

tha

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Fantastic...

vic19

vic19
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi Teller,

Do you think this is a good " long term investment" Finance sector stock at this levels?

since my look is long term I am only seeing the positive in this stock, just like any other banking stocks.

please comment if it is alright.

thanks

barba

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Will UBC make a dividend announcement now then

dudi

eqiuty champ or some comiker made a negative comment about union banks profits yesterday.what is the reality actually? please dont make contradictory comments here guys

Teller

Teller

Actually this capital received the during the period of 2014 and may utilize those funds new investment like branch openings, new product like medium scale business loans,,etc. Personally I have a current account with them,the great thing they are not holding any minimum amount on it. We know some banks are charging as bank charges if we are not keeping minimum float.But they dont do it. Actually i feel this share is a good investment but medium to long term. When i buy nation trust bank in early 2000,the share was trading below 20/- rupees. But i understood its continuous growrth,earnings,new products,customer service,promotions so decided to hold it. I have enough return at the moment. I trust my self of my holdings. If we can collect UBC 23-25 range,its not so far to teach 40-45 with in next 2-3 years. Any investment has a time bound and want some time to grow. Stock market also like that. If you plant A mango tree You will not get mangoes with in a day but you can get mangoes soon by planting a bud tree. Investment decisions also same. Be strategic,be patient requires to get the result

Thushara Ayya

Thushara Ayya

As I know this is the most under valued stock in the banking sector.... Better to collect @ this level....

tha

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Yes this us one of best banking shares shouldnt miss.

Dangaya

Dangaya
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Curretn price is so good according to my analysis...

peiris

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

please do an analysis before investing. what is the nav, eps,per. how do they compare with other banks and the market price, credibility of the directors are some of the factors that need to be considered

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum