FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Yesterday at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

please protect my property

+18
Monster
wikum100
Light of Hope
wiser
Chinwi
Tiger
a_randy
suja
Chabbi
ssb
swan03
Fresher
tubal
Genting
Gaja
milanka
Aro
sony3
22 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1please protect my property Empty please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:53 pm

sony3

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Sir, I sold my property and I bought Bukit and carson but I already lost 4 million, please let me know when it will reach 1300 level, my daughter is a cancer patient.

2please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Aro

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

sony3 wrote:Sir, I sold my property and I bought Bukit and carson but I already lost 4 million, please let me know when it will reach 1300 level, my daughter is a cancer patient.

Dude .. are you serious?? .. i really feel sorry for you .. i.e. if your story is true ... really can not give any advice .. sorry to say u've dug yourself in to real hole... Sad

3please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:10 pm

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Aro wrote:
sony3 wrote:Sir, I sold my property and I bought Bukit and carson but I already lost 4 million, please let me know when it will reach 1300 level, my daughter is a cancer patient.

Dude .. are you serious?? .. i really feel sorry for you .. i.e. if your story is true ... really can not give any advice .. sorry to say u've dug yourself in to real hole... Sad

I refer to your previous post few days ago om the same subject.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t4543-bukit-carson

I too feel sorry for you. Lets wait for help from others , My thinking is in the same line of @aro.

And also the other post below , is after the purchase , It should have posted it before the purchase and ask the same question.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t664-bukitdarah-i-believe-it-will-go-over-2500#3786

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

4please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

i also feel very sorry for you, and i think to avoid this kind of issues only most of our members are again and again telling that don't chase a share with out being proper analysis about the shares, but in the recent few months only i came a cross the theory of rallies in the cse, according to you, you lost 4 million, so now you have to take the call as to whether you can hold it or have dispose at after study at the same time considering money needed for the medical expenses.

Friend i am telling this also, even though when i posted this some members whether openly tell or not will laugh and say we need only profit within in the much short period and doesn't mind how it came

This is what i am saying again and again you missed the what is called rally in a share you will only forgoing the profit you could have earned, but if you bought at the wrong price then DON'T FORGET THE FACT THAT YOU STAND TO LOSE THE HARD EARN MONEY.

Once again feel really for sorry for you and pray for your daughter for the recovery

I express whats came to my mind, and any of the members think its hurt you i am sorry

5please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Genting

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

sony3

I glanced through your previous posts and it seems like you have bought most of your shares at peeks.

Who is your broker? even though brokers are not correct most of the time, they do have a moral obligation to warn you by looking at your trading patterns.

anyway you are not the only person who made mistakes. Big investment firms has also done mistakes.

ex: perpetual bought GRAN at 240 and Laugh holding bought it at 200, but now it is 121.

you can sell part of your portfolio and invest in fundamentally strong shares. Let the other part be there till it recover your cost.

Currently most of good shares are down, they do have possibility of going up 10%-20%.

So think wisely and take your decision. Do little research before you buy or sell.

remember... if your share goes up or down, all ways have an exist strategy!

6please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:56 pm

tubal

Gaja, you know where I stand when it comes to rallies. While sony3 has my sympathies, I am also very sure that we will see many more like this in the coming days months and weeks (with apologies to MarketWatch).

Sony3, you first posted this question in February and I distinctly recall replying to that thread. You asked 'when will BUKI and CARS go up' immediately after it had gone up by more than 50% naturally you got a very flippant reply from me at the time.

Anyway February was the time to sell BUKI. This most definitely is not the time. To sell now would be to risk selling at the bottom. There are times to cut the loses and there are times to grin and bear it. Now it's too late for the first option. It's time for the second option: Grin and bear it.

The price will probably drop even further but now you are in too deep. Your best option is to talk to your bank manager and get a loan against your shares.

7please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Fresher

What I'm about to post is after what you have stated about your daughter.
I did notice your post some time ago abt BUKI will reach 2500/- then you asked a question.
See I'm really sympathetic about your state but this is a horrible mistake.
I am not a follower of these so I do not know whether it will move up. If it had gone up you wouldn't have had the issue and asked helped right.

anyhow according to figures you have given, you could hav made an unrialised loss of arnd 2 mil.
why can't you sell them? they trade a lot these day. is it you don't want to book losses?
i suggest you listen to some expert on these shares and get a feedback on the best course of action you can take.
given the current market trend it is quite hard to cover the loss from other stocks in the short term either.

8please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 pm

swan03

I feel sorry for you. No idea why your broker suggested you to buy those shares. Once I asked from my broker he told not to buy. You know, there is a Sinhalese saying "Lin katin watichcha miniha Lin katinma goda enna ona". So dont get frustrated. Study this forum as much as you can. And before you buy something ask from the forum friends. Definitely they will help you. There are experts who help much. Wait until the right time comes. Sorry to hear about your daughter. We all pray for her.

9please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 pm

ssb

ssb
Manager - Equity Analytics

pray my brother
god is good

10please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Chabbi

Chabbi

I think this is game with money ... If your in a this kind of situation y dd u dump all them in one basket Sad Evn u shd kept something for your urgent uses..

I hav read article published by Moderator here ... we need to invest in CSE which money we no need get return in a hurry .... unless ur making huge RISK Smile (I believe on this)

My sympathies ....... Evrythng wud be get OK Smile

11please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20 pm

suja

My sympathies , pls let me know how I could help... Pls also make sure you are serious and telling the truth as you have brought your child in to the equation

12please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:27 pm

a_randy

a_randy

I wish something success for you in near future bro..!!!!

13please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dear Sony
I am really sorry for you. Unless there is so called CSE rally this share may not appreciate substantially to recover you losses in the short run. I would like to suggest you to talk to some expert on personnel financing matters whom may be able to help you.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU

14please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

@sony3,

If you bought 6000 BUKI @ 1300 then your cost is 7.8 million
Today's BUKI price is 1050.00 . 6000 x 1050 = 6.3 million

The difference is 1.5 million.
How come you say you lost 4.0 million ?

FOR CARS,

In Feb it was 700.00 Now it is 630.00 The difference is even lower than BUKI.

Hence if you bought BUKI and CARS in Feb, then your (unrealized) lost should be well below 1.5 million.

To make 4 million loss with BUKI you have to invest 20 million and with CARS you have to invest 35 million. For a man who invest 20-30 million at one instance, 4 is nothing.
-- -- --
BTW,
You can just sell 1000 buki @ 1050 and get 1 million.
Then keep remaining stuff till the prices grow up in few months time to recover all the losses.

15please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:07 am

wiser

wiser

yes Chinwi you are correct. If Sony3 saying the truth it is a good option.
@sony3 if you need futher advice we can help you. I wish your daughter will recover soon.

16please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:09 am

Light of Hope

May God Bless you and your family. I am no expert, can't advise on this. But I will pray for you and your daughter. just believe in it, and God.

Why want you seek the advise of some experts here. it's true no one can predict the CSE, but could give some hope

17please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:09 am

wikum100

Chinwi wrote:@sony3,

FOR CARS,

Hence if you bought BUKI and CARS in Feb, then your (unrealized) lost should be well below 1.5 million.

To make 4 million loss with BUKI you have to invest 20 million and with CARS you have to invest 35 million. For a man who invest 20-30 million at one instance, 4 is nothing.
-- -- --
BTW,
Then keep remaining stuff till the prices grow up in few months time to recover all the losses.

well answer 100% agree with you ....i too cant belive this story

18please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:19 am

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

My deepest sympathies my friend. I can remember some time back you said, you bought 8000 shares of DOCK at 302/- level. What happened to that. Are you still holding? As an investor I never trust so called rallies. This is what happen once you follow the "rally" and purchased it on peak. We may hear these many stories very soon.

19please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:02 am

UKboy

UKboy

FOR CARS,

-- -- --
BTW,

Chinwi

A very good point and a very good solution.

20please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:01 am

tubal

UKboy wrote:

FOR CARS,

-- -- --
BTW,

Chinwi

A very good point and a very good solution.

mmm, this really does raise issues of credibility. Is your story about your daughter like your story about your loss?

Someone who has 20 million to invest in one share can get premium investment advice and doesn't need this forum. Every company has a broker or two who really knows his stuff while the rest deal with retailers.

21please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:14 am

Fresher

At present, I can't believe this guy. I can't lash out either cos of the story he has told. but it can be a terribly misguided person too.
Looking at his previous posts I found the following.

He has/had
GREG - 'big amounts'
DOCK 8000 @ 302
TFC 40,000
BUKI 5000 @ 1200
CFIN (should be large amount - don't know if he sold with profit)
CARS @780, BUKI @ 1389

Now that's a huge amount

22please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:30 am

Intrinsic

I am sorry to hear your current situation.

If I am in your situation I will wait & see for sometime without selling the whole lot at a big loss. Instead, based on the immediate money requirement for daughter's medical expenses, I will sell little portions when necessary.

Also better get an expert's advise on the future of BUKI & CARS stocks.

Most of the things will depend on your holding power.

I wish her a speedy recovery !

23please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:27 am

nuwank

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I hope this is a great lesson for anyone entering the stock market thinking that this a market for making quick money. Investing is a patient boring task that needs more than anything, discipline.
Buying a share is like buying a piece of a business. You can't think that the value of the business will increase overnight. If there was a reason for someone to buy a share, if that reason has not changed, you should stay invested. If the company is doing well, eventually, the stock will move up. That might take time, maybe a lot of time. But, buying a stock to make a quick buck does not work all the time. And their is huge risks involved in it, as you can see. If your not willing to take that risk and also not willing to be invested for a long period of time, don't buy stocks.
I think at this point, if you need the money for your daughters medical expenses, you should sell some of your shares to get some cash. But, the reason for you buying these shares hasn't changed, be patient. ( I have not done any research on any of these companies that you have shares in)
I hope things work out for you.

Invest for the long term. Wealth is created over a long period of time.
" My holding period of a share is, for LIFE" - Buffett
" I invest like a catholic marries, for LIFE" - Buffett

The Forbes 500 list is a perfect example of this. You don't find anyone on the list that made quick money.

24please protect my property Empty Re: please protect my property Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:39 pm

wappula

wappula

nuwank wrote:I hope this is a great lesson for anyone entering the stock market thinking that this a market for making quick money. Investing is a patient boring task that needs more than anything, discipline.
Buying a share is like buying a piece of a business. You can't think that the value of the business will increase overnight. If there was a reason for someone to buy a share, if that reason has not changed, you should stay invested. If the company is doing well, eventually, the stock will move up. That might take time, maybe a lot of time. But, buying a stock to make a quick buck does not work all the time. And their is huge risks involved in it, as you can see. If your not willing to take that risk and also not willing to be invested for a long period of time, don't buy stocks.
I think at this point, if you need the money for your daughters medical expenses, you should sell some of your shares to get some cash. But, the reason for you buying these shares hasn't changed, be patient. ( I have not done any research on any of these companies that you have shares in)
I hope things work out for you.

Invest for the long term. Wealth is created over a long period of time.
" My holding period of a share is, for LIFE" - Buffett
" I invest like a catholic marries, for LIFE" - Buffett

The Forbes 500 list is a perfect example of this. You don't find anyone on the list that made quick money.

thank you your advice very great ..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum