FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unstable Market

+5
Kipling
Teller
NANDANA2012
KavinduTM
chandike73
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unstable Market Empty Unstable Market Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:23 pm

chandike73

chandike73
Manager - Equity Analytics

Hope until GE is over market will continue 6000 levels. Need expert ideas

2Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:31 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I m not an expert. however i don't think market will stay at 6000 level.
I think it will fall around 5900-5800 before GE. But it depends. Lets see what will happen.

3Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:10 am

NANDANA2012

Market have been staying around 6000 level for so many years.  Now lot of positive news has come out and why do it have to go down unless for a unexpected event like Iran-US fighting ? I believe market will be slightly up little by little upto 6500 nearing Election and rally beyond 7000 after elections..

4Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:36 am

Teller

Teller

Dont think about index , it can be manipulated easily. Like JKH,DIAL..high market cap shares can be used. But overall at least 85% companies no future in CSE

5Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:50 am

NANDANA2012

Hi Teller, I value many of your good predictions. But when it comes to market valuation, I have to disagree with you fully. Our market is VERY MUCH UNDERVALUED.. PE is just 10+. Most other markets trading at PE 20+. But we dont have enough BIG FUNDS. So market is down.. Even retailers slow to enter due to bad experience in 2009/10. But they are coming... Even Mobius said we are at a sweet spot...Earlier around 2016/17 even another Guru came and admitted same...NY times also wrote it.. 

Our problem is there are not enough foreign Funds coming in due to 
Dollar Depreciation and 
unstable political landscape
Low market capitalisation
Low market liquidity
Also US economy was growing and interest rates were coming down, thus many went there..

But Not Valuations....

But things are changing. Current ruler will use expert ideas and take swift actions.. That is something we have been waiting...

So lets agree to disagree...

6Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:00 am

Kipling

Expert
Expert

Nandana 100% endorsement. I blindly follow Teller & Maharaja & await 4000 to start buying.Very Happy
GR & Team believe correctly that booming market reflection of economic strength & vitalty unlike anti national YP CB Bond scam rouges.

7Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:04 am

ThilinaM

ThilinaM
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I recommend young investors to continue investing 20% return reputed stable company. dont think about the index. when market going down privious years 7500 to 5200 AIA plummeted from 400 to 2500. there are opportunetys in declining markets also

8Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:05 am

ThilinaM

ThilinaM

dont sell for small profits if fundamentals also increase. sell when the companys when price increase really deteriorate fundaments

9Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:12 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM

NANDANA2012 wrote:Market have been staying around 6000 level for so many years.  Now lot of positive news has come out and why do it have to go down unless for a unexpected event like Iran-US fighting ? I believe market will be slightly up little by little upto 6500 nearing Election and rally beyond 7000 after elections..

Yes i totally agree with u. But i think market should go to 5900 level before starting the green journey

10Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Promoney

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Unstable Market Screen67

Similar news was on dailyFT. If this happens, it will probably be the biggest boost for the economy in recent history. Rupee will see rapid appreciation and foreigner will race back to the markets.

11Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:08 pm

hammurabi

hammurabi

ThilinaM wrote:I recommend young investors to continue investing 20% return reputed stable company. dont think about the index. when market going down privious years 7500 to 5200 AIA plummeted from 400 to 2500. there are opportunetys in declining markets also

That was when AIA de-listed

12Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:40 pm

hammurabi

hammurabi

*Collect SPEN as much as possible. The NAV is at 120. MPS is moving between 43-45. I notice that Hari is making big moves; he has acquired almost 10% of JKH. I expect a major tourism promotion this year. If things go well SPEN could move above 80, to its original price.
**Collect RCL at current price level. RCL is owning the whole Tile industry, and what I believe is, someday, Rocell will have a good share in the international market. Because its subsidiaries are producing a great variety of products, targeting middle class and the top class with premium tiles. And even at MPS 80, its much much undervalued.
***Collect OSEA. One of the least risky shares. Current MPS so much below from what it should be. Real estate will again see a big boom. And the value of Overseas Realty will keep increasing continuously. And It a regular dividend payer. Rs.1.5 expected in February. 
****Invest a portion in PLC (Peoples' Leasing and Finance). PLC is the No.1 Non-Banking Financial Institution in Sri Lanka. And it is the least riskiest in the whole industry. It earns a very good deal of profit every year and Its a regular and stable dividend payer. If the market matures, I expect this to be trading at atleast 28.
*****ABL is close to it lifetime lowest. Though its small bank compared to COMB, SAMP, its the pioneer and No.1 Islamic finance institution in Sri Lanka. It has got is own customer base. Not a Monopoly, But definitely MONOPOLISTIC. And when we look at the financial performance, Its has the most stable performance in the banking industry since its establishment (Refer annual statements). And the major holder of ABL is based in Jeddah, A 150 Billion Dollar Company (10 times larger than the Market capitalization of CSE Laughing ). its going cheap these days, Collect and make a 100% return when the market booms.
******Do Not Buy for short-term trading. Hold for atleast a year. I believe most of us can make atleast a 100% return, If they don't sell cheap.

Happy Trading Guys!

13Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:44 pm

hammurabi

hammurabi

hammurabi wrote:*Collect SPEN as much as possible. The NAV is at 120. MPS is moving between 43-45. I notice that Hari is making big moves; he has acquired almost 10% of JKH. I expect a major tourism promotion this year. If things go well SPEN could move above 80, to its original price.
**Collect RCL at current price level. RCL is owning the whole Tile industry, and what I believe is, someday, Rocell will have a good share in the international market. Because its subsidiaries are producing a great variety of products, targeting middle class and the top class with premium tiles. And even at MPS 80, its much much undervalued.
***Collect OSEA. One of the least risky shares. Current MPS so much below from what it should be. Real estate will again see a big boom. And the value of Overseas Realty will keep increasing continuously. And It a regular dividend payer. Rs.1.5 expected in February. 
****Invest a portion in PLC (Peoples' Leasing and Finance). PLC is the No.1 Non-Banking Financial Institution in Sri Lanka. And it is the least riskiest in the whole industry. It earns a very good deal of profit every year and Its a regular and stable dividend payer. If the market matures, I expect this to be trading at atleast 28.
*****ABL is close to it lifetime lowest. Though its small bank compared to COMB, SAMP, its the pioneer and No.1 Islamic finance institution in Sri Lanka. It has got is own customer base. Not a Monopoly, But definitely MONOPOLISTIC. And when we look at the financial performance, Its has the most stable performance in the banking industry since its establishment (Refer annual statements). And the major holder of ABL is based in Jeddah, A 150 Billion Dollar Company (10 times larger than the Market capitalization of CSE Laughing ). its going cheap these days, Collect and make a 100% return when the market booms.
******Do Not Buy for short-term trading. Hold for atleast a year. I believe most of us can make atleast a 100% return, If they don't sell cheap.

Happy Trading Guys!

Those are some of the shares I hold and still collecting. I'm holding around 40 shares in small quantities. And I have studied nearly 100 shares closely. There can be more potential shares selling cheap right now. Experts share your views, BUT provide GOOD REASONING.

14Unstable Market Empty Re: Unstable Market Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:53 pm

fireshelter

fireshelter
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

alien alien alien

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum