FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

MW is still free

+20
jkhdimo
jehan
chamith
Fresher
Meta Trader
jake
manpath
Genting
smallville
Rajitha
KPMG
godswen
morros
Slstock
econ
mjrocker
MarketResearch
mono
mark
wis
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1MW is still free Empty MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:03 am

wis

Manager - Equity Analytics

Shouldn't he have been charged with market manipulation over PCH? How can he get away with it? It is high time Colombo stock market have a regulatory body in place. If he's free then Sakwithi should be free too.

2MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:04 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

wis wrote:Shouldn't he have been charged with market manipulation over PCH? How can he get away with it? It is high time Colombo stock market have a regulatory body in place. If he's free then Sakwithi should be free too.

we screaming,but SEC is silent..........they give wings to manipulators...... Sad Sad Sad Sad

3MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:07 am

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think it's time to bury this hatchet

4MW is still free Empty Main culprit missing Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:18 am

MarketResearch

MarketResearch
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

The real joke is even MW is not at that bankrupt forum when it re-launch.
Later we realized that this man's(MW) PCH scam was the main reason to face a lot of trouble for that.

Not only MW but also RW also to be charged since providing the opportunity release his sound via forum.

5MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:55 am

mjrocker

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I dont like investnow new system but I am happy to see MW there.
Because
he will tell us value stocks before run
BFL he telling about that when it trading below 100 now BFL can even brake 1000 with in this year.I am waiting for cse.see too

6MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:36 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

wis wrote:Shouldn't he have been charged with market manipulation over PCH? How can he get away with it? It is high time Colombo stock market have a regulatory body in place. If he's free then Sakwithi should be free too.
Why should he charge for manipulation??
he just gave his opinion in a forum and he did not force you to buy .did he?
then every investment advisers in broker firms should be charged..
Sri Lanka is a free country and everyone has right to speak what he thinks.
you guys are just hilarious comparing forum member with Sakwithi..lol

7MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:59 am

wis

econ wrote:

Hmm, in that case why is that the pyramid schemes are banned? They don't force you to buy them. Sri Lanka is a free country. Pyramid schemes should be legalized. There's nothing wrong with that business. Invest in it and get others to invest in it too. What's wrong with that? People and companies should start investment forums, put their actors and start the show. It's 'advice'. They're not forcing anybody.

8MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:02 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Shall we let this go and concentrate on newer developments so we all can reap better benefits for the future.

Speaking of with PCH counterpart ECL's results also we won;t see this time as they release reports every 6 months. There will be more speculation before next results with any news PCH or ECL releases.

9MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 am

morros

morros
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

econ wrote:

I agree with u 100%. And will take whatever negative reps u guys will give me for this post, but I feel that all the anti MW guys here are mostly Anti PCH also. Correct me if I'm wrong

10MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:07 am

mono

mono

slstock wrote:

Shall we let this go and concentrate on newer developments so we all can reap better benefits for the future.

precisely the point i made earlier. PCH saga is over

11MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:08 am

wis

Sure. That means in Sri Lanka anybody can get away with market manipulation and front running. No laws. No regulations. No punishments. Which share do we manipulate next? Smile

12MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:10 am

godswen

godswen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

mono wrote:I think it's time to bury this hatchet

cheers Sorry I can't give u +rep!
Anyways that PCH talk is long gone! We have better things!

13MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:15 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

wis wrote:
econ wrote:

Hmm, in that case why is that the pyramid schemes are banned? They don't force you to buy them. Sri Lanka is a free country. Pyramid schemes should be legalized. There's nothing wrong with that business. Invest in it and get others to invest in it too. What's wrong with that? People and companies should start investment forums, put their actors and start the show. It's 'advice'. They're not forcing anybody.

it is just like marketing campaigns of any goods.companies spend millions or money to promote their products. it is peoples decision to buy or not.then marketing should be also banned . many marketing gurus loss their jobs in that case..lol

14MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:24 am

mono

mono

It's funny how a lot of these people who want MW's blood now didn't say much when the whole PCH saga was going on. At least econ and myself can clearly & honestly say we did/said the right thing when it was needed, amidst alot of criticism mind you. A lot of these other chaps look like they're playing commando after the war is done.

'cardboard commando' Rolling Eyes

Let it go guys. PCH is done, manipulation or no manipulation.

15MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:28 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

wis wrote:Sure. That means in Sri Lanka anybody can get away with market manipulation and front running. No laws. No regulations. No punishments. Which share do we manipulate next? Smile

machan ..then first you have to ban stock brokers and investment banks because they are the one who promote many shares in every market.
so I do not think any regulator can stop promoting shares.. what they can do regulate the insider trading . that can partly stop by using laws and regulations.

16MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:44 am

KPMG

KPMG

Dear all,
We all r not in one opinion..
we all have different opinion on same subject... there r people even agree on suiside bombs.. in wars.. any heavily object it..
As to me MW promoted PCH since he bought it and he saw/Hoped positive of PCH rather than Negatives... He also human... and he never asked to buy PCH or BFL.. but asked us to study more... there r investors ho gain due to his prediction as well as lost...(not purely due to him). we investors know RISK-REWARD theory...
Let MW to be as he was and let him to contribute as much as he can..

Happy day..

17MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:43 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

mono wrote:It's funny how a lot of these people who want MW's blood now didn't say much when the whole PCH saga was going on. At least econ and myself can clearly & honestly say we did/said the right thing when it was needed, amidst alot of criticism mind you. A lot of these other chaps look like they're playing commando after the war is done.

'cardboard commando' Rolling Eyes

Let it go guys. PCH is done, manipulation or no manipulation.
Sorry but I did not had the posting right at investnow.lk. But even before you guys posted anything I was talking about the pitfalls that can happen in PCH in Facebook and few places! Not to say I'm a anti PCH guy that demote the shares but I also always highlighted the downside and there real operations! Even goten in to some fight in the net because of this with people like Sampath who posted here couple of months back!

18MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:09 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Wis, if my memory serves right the pyramid schemes were banned due to the revenue being favoured its originated country... surely the early birds win in this drama but all the money's deposit ground will be another country where it gets rich and SL has nothing outta it ;-)

Yeah guys.. PCH's time is over now.. it will have to show some good results qtr-qtr for it to come up again.. if u still have shares bought at a high, why dont u keep it as a long term investment..

See.. there are more companies in the market where you can ge t a short-med turm gains.. Even there will be a no. of IPOs this year.. so if you wise enuf even with IPOs u could double your entrance fee now...

So think again..

19MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:21 pm

mono

mono

don't worry rajitha i wasn't talking about you there

20MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Genting

I think we all have forgotten the Downturn/ Mkt Correction period from OCT- DEC 2010.

During that difficult time MW was one of the key person who posted valuable advices to follow in a downturn market. When people try getout CSE, he kept on showing the value of CSE.

I personally thankful for him for encouraging us during that time and keeping the spirit alive.

And most of the people followed investnow, may have gained a lot, had they followed MW advices.
It is the truth!

MW is a person who encourage long term investments, and not sort term or day trading.

I'm sorry to say that we cannot see that much of people here would like make a long term investment. Most like to make a quick buck!

And for those who say that he has done a manipulation,

Out of total number of CSE investors, how many people followed investnow and how many bought PCH by looking at it? I don't think those people had the power to push PCH to 30.

If that so, investnow is actually a great forum!!

At the end of the day, PCH actually became Rs20+ from Rs9. So MW saw the potential of this one becoming 20+ and he shared it with all of us.

If what happened with PCH was a manipulation, PCH should be trading at 9 now!

21MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:33 pm

mono

mono

Right, by the logic genting, what happened to DPL wasn't manipulation as well. Because it was trading at 15 and then pushed all the way to 150 now it's 70something. Rolling Eyes

22MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:48 pm

godswen

godswen

Hell yeah! I also bought PCH at 11 and it was a influenced buy from Marketwatch's posts! And sold at 28 and 27! Made enough from less than one month and I'm thankful to him, so I don't care if he's gonna promote em more and more. I've had my cut!

Anyways I don't believe that PCH shot up only due to MW's posts. But there are ones who bought em at the highest after reading his post, they might have seen the posts a bit late! Neutral So when you get help and information from an internet blog for your investments you will always have to stay in touch or you might miss the train! Twisted Evil

lol!

Last edited by godswen on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added missing part! :D)

23MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:51 pm

manpath

Stock Trader

To everyone who accuse MW

Now this is dragging way too much. Can anyone show up saying that he/she's not promoted any share. Guys don't try to be funny accusing MW anymore. Coz all of you are doing the same thing what MW does. Difference is MW simply out paced you guys. Mad Mad Mad

24MW is still free Empty Know the basics Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:09 pm

jake

jake
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Its all about money. Dont belive anything a stranger says in an internet blog unless you feel it for yourself. There is more evil than good when it involves money. Twisted Evil

Everything comes with a price tag these days. Even a stock tip will have one. Wink
see how PCH saga ended some paying the price for the "HOT tip" from MW.

25MW is still free Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

manpath wrote:To everyone who accuse MW

Now this is dragging way too much. Can anyone show up saying that he/she's not promoted any share. Guys don't try to be funny accusing MW anymore. Coz all of you are doing the same thing what MW does. Difference is MW simply out paced you guys. Mad Mad Mad

"manpath" = Sampath ?/?? scratch scratch scratch

sri lankans always had and will have a short term memory . so this is a reminder for all the new comers . don't gamble with your money !!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Mr Mohammad Nizam controls several JESTERS online jocolor jocolor jocolor

one of em is Mr Sampath jocolor and the other one is Mr sumithra jocolor
what these people do is giving a credibility to all the stocks Mr nizam promote

example : sumithra said that he made a fortune out of #BFL and he is GOING TO REINVEST THEM ON #PCH , and sampath goes to his Face book fan page and promote it is as the next value %*^@^

What a way to attract New Dumb money in to value %^&%&

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
clown clown clown clown clown clown clown
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum