FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by Biggy Today at 12:09 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

MW is still free

+20
jkhdimo
jehan
chamith
Fresher
Meta Trader
jake
manpath
Genting
smallville
Rajitha
KPMG
godswen
morros
Slstock
econ
mjrocker
MarketResearch
mono
mark
wis
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:33 pm

mono

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Right, by the logic genting, what happened to DPL wasn't manipulation as well. Because it was trading at 15 and then pushed all the way to 150 now it's 70something. Rolling Eyes

27MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:48 pm

godswen

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Hell yeah! I also bought PCH at 11 and it was a influenced buy from Marketwatch's posts! And sold at 28 and 27! Made enough from less than one month and I'm thankful to him, so I don't care if he's gonna promote em more and more. I've had my cut!

Anyways I don't believe that PCH shot up only due to MW's posts. But there are ones who bought em at the highest after reading his post, they might have seen the posts a bit late! Neutral So when you get help and information from an internet blog for your investments you will always have to stay in touch or you might miss the train! Twisted Evil

lol!

Last edited by godswen on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added missing part! :D)

28MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:51 pm

manpath

Stock Trader

To everyone who accuse MW

Now this is dragging way too much. Can anyone show up saying that he/she's not promoted any share. Guys don't try to be funny accusing MW anymore. Coz all of you are doing the same thing what MW does. Difference is MW simply out paced you guys. Mad Mad Mad

29MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Know the basics Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:09 pm

jake

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Its all about money. Dont belive anything a stranger says in an internet blog unless you feel it for yourself. There is more evil than good when it involves money. Twisted Evil

Everything comes with a price tag these days. Even a stock tip will have one. Wink
see how PCH saga ended some paying the price for the "HOT tip" from MW.

30MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Meta Trader

manpath wrote:To everyone who accuse MW

Now this is dragging way too much. Can anyone show up saying that he/she's not promoted any share. Guys don't try to be funny accusing MW anymore. Coz all of you are doing the same thing what MW does. Difference is MW simply out paced you guys. Mad Mad Mad

"manpath" = Sampath ?/?? scratch scratch scratch

sri lankans always had and will have a short term memory . so this is a reminder for all the new comers . don't gamble with your money !!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Mr Mohammad Nizam controls several JESTERS online jocolor jocolor jocolor

one of em is Mr Sampath jocolor and the other one is Mr sumithra jocolor
what these people do is giving a credibility to all the stocks Mr nizam promote

example : sumithra said that he made a fortune out of #BFL and he is GOING TO REINVEST THEM ON #PCH , and sampath goes to his Face book fan page and promote it is as the next value %*^@^

What a way to attract New Dumb money in to value %^&%&

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
clown clown clown clown clown clown clown
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

31MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:33 pm

manpath

Stock Trader

Dear Meta

Get the facts right and promote your own share. Thats what everyone does.

By the way Im not Sampath nor I know anyone who make posts here.

afro Cool

32MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

manpath wrote:Dear Meta

Get the facts right and promote your own share. Thats what everyone does.

By the way Im not Sampath nor I know anyone who make posts here.

afro Cool
thanks for the Tip Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

33MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Genting wrote: I think we all have forgotten the Downturn/ Mkt Correction period from OCT- DEC 2010.

During that difficult time MW was one of the key person who posted valuable advices to follow in a downturn market. When people try getout CSE, he kept on showing the value of CSE.

Actually during the big collapse around November he was no where to be seen and even I saw few posts asking where are all the experts at these times during then!

34MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Genting

Rajitha wrote:
Genting wrote: I think we all have forgotten the Downturn/ Mkt Correction period from OCT- DEC 2010.

During that difficult time MW was one of the key person who posted valuable advices to follow in a downturn market. When people try getout CSE, he kept on showing the value of CSE.

Actually during the big collapse around November he was no where to be seen and even I saw few posts asking where are all the experts at these times during then!

I cannot dig those old posts, but I can remember MW, cse.see, et al were giving their advices on how to survive, strategies, stock rotation, etc..

In my point of view, MW is a good analyst. He showed the value of BFL, TAFL, GRAN any many other stocks. His analysis were right most of the time.

When it comes to PCH, people ran and jumped to it too soon and It made it skyrocket. And as I can remember when PCH hitting 30+, investnow was offline and MW wasn't around. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So, lot of people tried make quick buck and bought PCH around 30. Now they are trying to blame someone and the the person is MW.

Why don't we blame MW for BFL? BFL was trading 520+ some time back. now its 420.

I still got JINS which I bought around last year when it was 17.5, 18. JINS went down past months, even to 14. I don't blame anyone for that. IT'S MY MISTAKE.

If we blindly flow someone and when we fall in to trap, there is no point in Blaming that person.

35MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

hay guys why all commentors reputation fluctuate.............. scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

36MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:00 pm

mono

mono

MW clearly said 35 was a short term barrier for PCH then 50 and then blah blah....

Then he posted a bunch of nonsense about IT. I'm absolutely certain MW or any his assorted gem meisters know anything about IT. either that or they deliberately lied.

so let's not try to mince words here or rewrite history.

37MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:11 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch

mono wrote:MW clearly said 35 was a short term barrier for PCH then 50 and then blah blah....

Then he posted a bunch of nonsense about IT. I'm absolutely certain MW or any his assorted gem meisters know anything about IT. either that or they deliberately lied.

so let's not try to mince words here or rewrite history.

Yes that's true.
I was mislead earlier.Today realized the truth further after reading MW article and present comments on PCH.
MW said some barriers for PCH.
1st break-ECL
2nd 3rd was DPL and mentioned some other stocks.Some posts he told that PCH will touch to 65.
Those were not predictions.He said them as must.It should be happen.
Fortunately I bought in 12 levels and sold them 26 level.I earned clear capital gain of Rs.600,000/= from PCH.

Although when I re-evaluate the things which happened I am not satisfy.
I think the only identifies value "Gem" (So called Gem) was BFL.

Please read the MarketWatch today's letter at investors.lk
He is telling a completely different story for PCH.He say that PCH is not a value gem further.I would like to ask from him Why "Gem" has been converted to "Kalu Gal".
I had some respect for him.Now nothing.

As he convert "Gems" to "Kalu Gal" today he has Converted "Kalu Gal" to "Gems" that day.

Thanks.

38MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Eda Gem-Ada Kalu Gal Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:22 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch

Today's MW Comments about PCH:

TODAY KALU GAL
Still we cannot call PCH as gem. It has to prove their performance in the future to come to that level.

(Source: investors.lk)

Eda Gem (Nil menik)
[u]

I think it will break Rs.50 barrier sooner than later. We will have vibrant IT sector in Sri-Lanka in the coming months and years.

Good luck
reply from MarketWatch on 26 Jan

(Source: investnow.lk)

39MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

MarketResearch wrote:Today's MW Comments about PCH:

TODAY KALU GAL
Still we cannot call PCH as gem. It has to prove their performance in the future to come to that level.

Eda Gem (Nil menik)
[u]

I think it will break Rs.50 barrier sooner than later. We will have vibrant IT sector in Sri-Lanka in the coming months and years.

Good luck

good work buddy . keep it up . Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
by the way what do u think about Mr nizams Puppets ? (sampath and sumithra )
clown clown clown clown clown clown

40MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:35 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch

Meta Trader wrote:
MarketResearch wrote:Today's MW Comments about PCH:

TODAY KALU GAL

Eda Gem (Nil menik)
[u]

Good luck

good work buddy . keep it up . Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
by the way what do u think about Mr nizams Puppets ? (sampath and sumithra )
clown clown clown clown clown clown

Eda Menik wu kala ada loku kalu gal
Eda kiyapu kata wala harala walawal
Medha kiyana de dekkama mata ahawal
Wade karannata hitenawa ara mahawal

41MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Genting

MarketResearch wrote:

Eda Menik wu kala ada loku kalu gal
Eda kiyapu kata wala harala walawal
Medha kiyana de dekkama mata ahawal
Wade karannata hitenawa ara mahawal

Eda Kalu GAL
Api gaththe hithalay weya Menik GAL
Wede tikak awul wunu nisa e GAL
Wikuna gatha okkoma KGAL

42MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:16 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Puppets gonna continue the act.. what we have to find is how this gem has been downgraded by MW.. Oh.. maybe SEC ppl intervene and ask him to shut the @#$% up ;-)

So he's back..See this post.. Guys be aware however.. this is the first step in next promotion, I can see what is gonna happen next.. Anything logical YES.. dont get trapped into "I think barriers" Twisted Evil

http://investors.lk/11802/How+stocks+and+stock+market+work

disclaimer : the above has been quoted for sole viewing pleasure only.. Admin can remove this if it deemed appropriate..

43MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Fresher

smallville wrote:
disclaimer : the above has been quoted for sole viewing pleasure only.. Admin can remove this if it deemed appropriate..

how come a moderator says like that Very Happy

44MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

smallville wrote:Puppets gonna continue the act.. what we have to find is how this gem has been downgraded by MW.. Oh.. maybe SEC ppl intervene and ask him to shut the @#$% up ;-)

So he's back..See this post.. Guys be aware however.. this is the first step in next promotion, I can see what is gonna happen next.. Anything logical YES.. dont get trapped into "I think barriers" Twisted Evil

http://investors.lk/11802/How+stocks+and+stock+market+work

very true . new investors be careful . PUPPETS MASTER IS STILL ACTING HES HIDDEN AGENDA !!! pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale
and don't forget his brain washed loyal cunning puppets also there too.....
clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown
pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale

45MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:31 pm

smallville

smallville

npp wrote:
smallville wrote:

how come a moderator says like that Very Happy

Though moderators are given facilities that doesn't mean we are masters of rules, we are also human.. Admin has the sole discretion on decisions.. Very Happy

Do u really think investnow wud've gone down if it had moderators? Hell no.. single person cant monitor all posts everytime and some controlling shud be there..

U may also see that the freedom is high in this site than investnow.. how many rules u gotta follow before a post to be made now???? there're 6 moderators to monitor this site..that wud do well ;-)

However.. I wanted u guys to be aware of any mis haps in future if u happen to believe MW.. Anything without a reasonable background should be omitted ;-)

46MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Fresher

smallville,
I agree buddy Smile but then the general thought is that moderators too have that particular decision making authority whether a post qualifies or not.

since u touched on investnow,
well, everytime i posted, i got a message that it will be reviewed by a moderator. It took a while for the post to appear. But then, if it really happened then how malicious posts appeared is the question.
Further, we did not know who the moderators were.

This forum is different since it is made from a template etc., I do not know how does any legal liability works, but looking at things, at the moment, that that forum looks more stringent controls.

Anyhow, it's the people that matter most anywhere, and we have a good bunch here. Smile

But what I would like to see (or would not like to see) are OT posts in important threads.

47MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:22 pm

chamith

chamith

This is going way too much.

typical sri lankan style. When things go wrong always try to put the blame on others. MW also did the same thing as we do here in this forum. Analysis stocks and share it with others. Since MW shared his view of BFL first lot of people made huge gains and became his followers. When the master's projection goes wrong people forgot about the correct projections he has done and start throwing stones at him. Very disappointing. MW always talk about mid - longterm investments and not about making quick bucks. We can see he had his full genuine hope about PCH (He was in top 20 shareholders of PCH). I remember just before investnow.lk closed down he was talking about stock rotation. He must have seen that situations changing.
Everyone makes mistakes. We should be makings ourself liable for decisions we take....

Mentioning PCH, MW has become a reason to get -rep now. Those are "naughty" words for some people... Laughing

48MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:56 pm

jehan

Stock Trader

Well, MNZL (Mohammed Nizam Singa Laxana) was done a good job with introducing #BFL at lower prices.
But when it came to #PCH, MNZL did a great lie to the forum. He is the one who promote #PCH as a real IT company. There were lot of argument about #PCH and lot of people posted the real story behind the #PCH. At that point MNZL could do analyze #PCH but he continued with the lie.
How people saying MNZL never recommend stocks to buy ?
He recommended and asked people to buy #PCH
Pl do more research on IT companies/Emergining industries ...
Pl follow the group leader instead of following #ECL
#PCH going to start/invest.....
If anyone saying MNZL didn't recommend any shares it is a total lie.

Rehan is well suppoted by MNZL and MNZL is well supported by Rehan

49MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:00 am

smallville

smallville

chamith wrote:This is going way too much.

typical sri lankan style. When things go wrong always try to put the blame on others. MW also did the same thing as we do here in this forum. Analysis stocks and share it with others. Since MW shared his view of BFL first lot of people made huge gains and became his followers. When the master's projection goes wrong people forgot about the correct projections he has done and start throwing stones at him. Very disappointing. MW always talk about mid - longterm investments and not about making quick bucks. We can see he had his full genuine hope about PCH (He was in top 20 shareholders of PCH). I remember just before investnow.lk closed down he was talking about stock rotation. He must have seen that situations changing.
Everyone makes mistakes. We should be makings ourself liable for decisions we take....

Mentioning PCH, MW has become a reason to get -rep now. Those are "naughty" words for some people... Laughing

Talking abt PCH would not be naughty.. but promoting it would be.. here we can see a lot of new comers to the market.. its the comunity's responsibility to not pull the legs of a person when he's trying to come up the ladder.. we've been i the same situation sometime back..we lost we gained we lost again and how long we've spent to come up to this level?
Everyone resepects other's ideas, at least we should not treat things trash, if anythings wrong, we gotta correct it.. today I culd see a report wrong and tomorrow u'd see and others can be wrong too.. but pointing it out and correction is the best way of learning.. Very Happy

Its true that investment decision in up to the person to decide.. But we have a responsibility to guide new ppl to invest in risk free stocks so unless they jump into trash, they're safe till they learn CSE..

Tru enuf MW has talked alot abt BFL.. but he mostly talked abt 2 companies.. BFL & PCH... PCH & BFL.. that's all.. If somebody ask him abt BALA.. Have u all noticed, he slowly converts the conversation to his Favorited stocks.. thats' absurd in my books.. If I dont know anything abt, I honestly say I dont know... fair enuf, every1 cant analyse the whole bunch of stocks in CSE know?
But ppl like Cse.see, innam, pissa, chinwi, hasi84 has done great analysis and posted.. Even Cse.see talked alot abt BFL and it was his analysis proved why the share worth that much... It was fairly a valuation in terms of growth..

We're gifted here..we have valuable members here, and they'll reply if they see anything..

OK this is not a good subject to talk.. I really dont want to talk ill of a fellow investor.. just adding my 50cents to highlight "dont follow some1 blindly..."

Lets safeguard the community from manipulation for every1s benefit.. After all we all are small ppl ;-)

50MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 am

smallville

smallville

npp wrote:smallville,
I agree buddy Smile but then the general thought is that moderators too have that particular decision making authority whether a post qualifies or not.

since u touched on investnow,
well, everytime i posted, i got a message that it will be reviewed by a moderator. It took a while for the post to appear. But then, if it really happened then how malicious posts appeared is the question.
Further, we did not know who the moderators were.

This forum is different since it is made from a template etc., I do not know how does any legal liability works, but looking at things, at the moment, that that forum looks more stringent controls.

Anyhow, it's the people that matter most anywhere, and we have a good bunch here. Smile

But what I would like to see (or would not like to see) are OT posts in important threads.

The problem as I saw it was, the lack of real moderators.. Rehan was the man behind the wheel.. everything was done by him.. so once he sees the credibility of a person, he gives the auto authentication rights to those posts.. Thats how u've seen the senior members posts getting displayed almost immediately..

Here the controls are way ahead.. so every1 is free to post and if moderators see its not relevant, they'll remove it ASAP..

Yes.. its ppl that matters almost anywhere Wink

Pls do report anything deemed unnecessary.. We'll do the needful Smile

51MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:23 am

jkhdimo

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

smallville wrote:

Tru enuf MW has talked alot abt BFL.. but he mostly talked abt 2 companies.. BFL & PCH... PCH & BFL.. that's all.. If somebody ask him abt BALA.. Have u all noticed, he slowly converts the conversation to his Favorited stocks.. thats' absurd in my books..

hmm.... how can people miss this .....
he intentionally promote ne ? No

52MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:12 am

Fresher

smallville wrote:
The problem as I saw it was, the lack of real moderators.. Rehan was the man behind the wheel.. everything was done by him.. so once he sees the credibility of a person, he gives the auto authentication rights to those posts.. Thats how u've seen the senior members posts getting displayed almost immediately..

Here the controls are way ahead.. so every1 is free to post and if moderators see its not relevant, they'll remove it ASAP..

Yes.. its ppl that matters almost anywhere Wink

Pls do report anything deemed unnecessary.. We'll do the needful Smile

yea i noticed it on me too. but I also noticed some silly malicious posts from new members being approved. so there was definitely something wrong.

There are a few things that could really improve this forum technically and i made a suggestion to admin abt one. If those do happen, it will become really nice Smile

53MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:05 am

sampath2009

sampath2009
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Rajitha wrote:
Sorry but I did not had the posting right at investnow.lk. But even before you guys posted anything I was talking about the pitfalls that can happen in PCH in Facebook and few places! Not to say I'm a anti PCH guy that demote the shares but I also always highlighted the downside and there real operations! Even goten in to some fight in the net because of this with people like Sampath who posted here couple of months back!

Rajitha always try to drag me to this fight. Razz ( I know its normal way of "bison" " Kulu Haraka")

I am still stands for my words. AND also I am NOT Nampath or any other. geek

Funny thing is About " Manipulation" lol!

As you said IF "investnow.lk"/ "investors.lk" / Rehan or Marketwatch doing manipulation, then what are you guys doing here ? Rajitha always try to push His plantation stocks and other experts in here ( as they think geek ) try to push different stocks on time to time.

I like to keep a message to new comers. Do NOT get idea for any stock from this forum. Do some home work and verify it with your broker or professional advisor. Do NOT listen to Manipulators in this forum.

Good Luck !

54MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 am

SAMANGODDU1

Stock Trader

market wattch ge kathaval api ahanne natha!

Last edited by Quibit on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : censored words)

55MW is still free - Page 2 Empty Re: MW is still free Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:55 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

lol. this has become hot issue..

I think MW got the reputation from what he said about BFL.He wrongly(intentionally or not) use his reputation to promote PCH.
After government tax reduction from 2011 budget suddenly he try to promote IT sector using PCH.. PCH was just a hardware vendor and that's why some members including mono and I said that PCH not that good share..I remember we were hammered by some blind members of that forum. MW clearly said that PCH should break 20,36,54 and then 100 barriers. then we ask to break 100 it should be above RICH or some other blue chips market capitalization.some blind promoters gave some false numbers to increase the demand for PCH. those days that forum filled with just PCH promotion IT articles which are mainly addressed to whole IT sector not just for PCH.

his wrong thing was promoting shares by giving barriers and saying should break this and blah blah..
how can any true analyst say shares should break this and this and trade above this due to future developments and blah blah.. analyst can give valuation based on reported financial earnings but can not say it should break this barrier blah blah due to government tax cuts for IT sector. to break some price barriers people should buy that share at higher prices. promotion and marketing of stocks help to increase the demand for stocks.. usually stock brokers and investment banks can increase the demand as they have large client base. we can usually see that happens in CSE.
in PCH case, some forum members of investnow.lk have used their reputation to increase the demand for PCH stock.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum