FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Today at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are we heading SRI LANKA?

+4
mark
Redbulls
Kithsiri
glwking
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 12:18 pm

glwking

glwking
Manager - Equity Analytics

(Lanka-e-News- 10.May.2012, 6.30PM) Sajin was working at various places after his O/L s and in end 90 s he got hold of a foreigner and convinced him to start a small business to manufacture gum tapes. Ultimately, the foreigner had set up the business and handed over Sajin to run it. He has just busted up the business and the foreigner was running behind him to recover his money. In order to escape from him, he joined Ranil's election campaign in 2001 and he was travelling in Ranil's famous bus. After got elected Ranil did not give him any job knowing his capacity and integrity.

Then he went to Dubai and got a Job at Trico Dubai helmed by Gamini Kannangara. In 2002 Gamini invited Mahinda Rajapaksa then chief Opp whip for his New Year celebrations as the Chief guest. While he was there, Sajin has got hold of him and looked after him well. As a result Mahinda has requested him to come to Sri Lanka and support him.

In return flight he came to Sri Lanka and started work at Mahinda's office even without any proper appointment. By that time he has refreshed his contacts with UNP and got their support to Mahinda.

In 2003 he bought a old Volvo as his first car for Rs. 400,000 by giving some cheques to the owner. When the cheques got returned the owner has threatened Sajin and he got escaped after intervention of Mr. Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra.

Once Mahinda Rajapaksa became Prime Minister in 2004, he appointed Sajin as GM of Maga Neguma. By that time he had married for 3 times and divorced.

Since he wanted to get married for 4th time he wanted to own a house. He has got to know Mr. Daya Gamage through a friend and given a road to construct through Maga Neguma. In return Daya bought him a house in Malabe. In addition he has taken more than Rs 30 Mil from Daya in order to spend for various things of the then Prime Minister. But finally Daya has got to know that he used this money for his personal benefits. Other than this he has done various under hand dealings in importing construction machines etc and earned lots of money.

Once Mahinda Rajapaksa became President Sajin first became the Co ordinating Secretary and got hold of Indian Investor who came here to start Air Tel. Chairman of Air Tel who has later told that he gave Sajin USD 4 Million for this deal. With that he bought a massive house in Singapore.

Later he also became CEO of Famous Mihin Lanka. Within his time Mihin lost more than USD 30 mil and with that he became the proud owner of 2 Air planes and a Helicopter under COSMOS Airlines. He has supposed to leased these out to Sri Lankan Air Lines. It's also known that COSMOS is putting up a 250 room hotel in Hambantota.
In 2010 he was given the chance to contest in elections and became a MP. Today, he is the unofficial foreign Minister. It's very pathetic to see that these type of people becoming politicians to rule our country. Today, he is in all intellectual delegations with all foreign leaders.

We should as Sri Lankans ashamed of our Leaders for making these people our rulers. He is suppose to be the highest earned man under this Government but until today he has no investigation on Bribery
or corruption.

Where are we heading SRI LANKA?

http://www.lankaenews.com/English/news.php?id=12913

2Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

This is not even the tip of the iceberg !

I see no future for Sri Lanka and that is why I tell Young educated Sri Lankans to get out of this place before it is too late (rather than listening to many patriotic bullshitters infested in forums like this & social network site).

Last edited by Kithsiri on Sun May 13, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

3Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

Kithsiri wrote:This is not even the tip of the iceberg !

I see no future for Sri Lanka and that is why I tell Young educated Sri Lankans to get out of this place before it is too late (rather than listening to many patriotic bullshitters infested in forums like this & social network site).

Well said my friend.
Patriotism is the mask for most of the criminals.

4Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 1:54 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

hehe,you know 95% uni students dont know what is share market,but sure they have studied abt them from grade 10 Laughing Laughing
i was wondering they even read a newspaper,or even know about TFC deal Laughing Laughing

here is the next generation Laughing

Last edited by mark on Sun May 13, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to remove comments-i added the true comments from FB and it may reveal identity)

5Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

mark wrote:

hehe,you know 95% uni students dont know what is share market,but sure they have studied abt them from grade 10 Laughing Laughing
i was wondering they even read a newspaper,or even know about TFC deal Laughing Laughing

You are million time correct.
Because our educational system mainly exam orientate, spoon feeding tuitions made students away from general knowledge.
Our politicians are supporting these type of educational system to safe guard them self.

Last edited by mark on Sun May 13, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited to remove comments)

6Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 3:46 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Our one and only genuine patriotic Kithsiri, what good will ur suggestion do to Sri Lanka ? Actually ur suggestion would help buggers to continue their action without any trouble.If people did not shout on NSB deal do u think HE would interefere on this matter ?

There is no point in cutting ur nose because of ur ugly face.

7Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

Elections keep on comming, and we select the wrong people everytime.

No one cares to think why. we only care about living the day, not the future. price reduction in a loaf of bread can win elections in SL.

We got a beautiful country, plenty of resources and a wonderful culture. but with people having a syndrom called short term memory loss

8Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

rijayasooriya wrote:
Our one and only genuine patriotic Kithsiri, what good will ur suggestion do to Sri Lanka ? Actually ur suggestion would help buggers to continue their action without any trouble.If people did not shout on NSB deal do u think HE would interefere on this matter ?

I can give you a list of things but list two here;
1. They can send foreign money to keep the economy running,
2. They can educate masses back in Sri Lanka about what really going on as they (masses) will never get to see and or hear them through government controlled Medias in Sri Lanka. Very Happy

9Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 4:41 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Kithsiri wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

I can give you a list of things but list two here;
1. They can send foreign money to keep the economy running,
2. They can educate masses back in Sri Lanka about what really going on as they (masses) will never get to see and or hear them through government controlled Medias in Sri Lanka. Very Happy

First u suggest them to leave the country before too late....then suggest another thing.Good u have changed ur policy when ur eyes get opened. bounce bounce bounce

10Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

I suggest them to leave because otherwise they will also not have a future like the country and they too start bullshitting patriotism in public forums than doing something useful.
Help to change the system and then come back and work for the country like most south Asian foreign educated do. Very Happy

11Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 6:07 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Kithsiri wrote:I suggest them to leave because otherwise they will also not have a future like the country and they too start bullshitting patriotism in public forums than doing something useful.
Help to change the system and then come back and work for the country like most south Asian foreign educated do. Very Happy

You are a real funny fellow like most of our politicians.....This reminds me one of old saying, tongue is boneless so it can be bent in any direction.....Razz Razz Razz

12Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Glad to know that I have a Good future in Politics !

Now I have to master (like many do here) two things.

The first is how to Bullshit Patriotism in public forums and second is to steal money from the public. Very Happy

13Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 8:32 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Kithsiri wrote:Glad to know that I have a Good future in Politics !

Now I have to master (like many do here) two things.

The first is how to Bullshit Patriotism in public forums and second is to steal money from the public. Very Happy

Now this is realy out of topic.So I am going to quit

1.to prevent someone from bullshitting nonsense in this forum

2.I do not want to waste my time on bullshits, like a jobless person.

14Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Having One less would make a load of difference ! Very Happy

15Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Sun May 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Appuhamy

well said Kithsiri ............. Laughing

16Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Empty Re: Where are we heading SRI LANKA? Mon May 14, 2012 1:41 am

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Redbulls wrote:
mark wrote:

You are million time correct.
Because our educational system mainly exam orientate, spoon feeding tuitions made students away from general knowledge.
Our politicians are supporting these type of educational system to safe guard them self.

That the problem in our country..The new generation in another world. They don't like to know the general knowledge. Half with drugs (brought by politician) half mad with Face Book/love/Disco... etc ..no one thinking about the country.. the few people who like to talk about the country also under fear. mouth tight .. because of harassment/white vans etc..every thing is money now. vote also goes for money. So how can we select a suitable member..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum