FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Today at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

අන්තර්ජාලයෙන් මුදල්.....- මාර්කට් dull නිසා....

+12
Whitebull
Malika1990
thighrokker
Nick79
traderathome
hunter
thanujav
smallville
K.Haputantri
balapas
yasiru
wsaman
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wsaman

wsaman
Manager - Equity Analytics

මාර්කට් එකත් dull නිසා online jobs වගේ දෙයක් ගැන බැලුවොත් කොහොමද නිකන් මාර්කට් එකේ waste කරන time එක? experience තියෙන අය කැමතිනම් අදහස් share කරන්න. මමත් පොඩි කට්ටක් කෑව. කාල හොඳ site tikak set කරගත්ත. මම කියන්නම් මට සෙට් උන හොඳම , ලේසිම එක ගැන. ටික වෙලාවක් වැඩ කලත් $ 2 ක් විතර හොයාගන්න පුළුවන්. මේකේ හොඳට වැඩ තියෙනවා. Facebook එක හරහා තමයි වැඩේ වෙන්නේ. අද වැඩ කලොත් හෙට සල්ලි හම්බවෙනවා. try කරලා බලන්න. මෙන්න link එක.
https://www.cloudcrowd.com/
වැඩි විස්තර ගන්න පුළුවන් මේ link 1 න්,
http://clickingearnings.Deleted/2012/05/cloudcrowd-1.html

ඔයගොල්ලෝ දන්නා මේ වගේ දේවල් share කරගන්න.

Dear Admin, Sorry If this is not relevant to the forum. But Due to current market situation I think we need to survive Very Happy . We do not have any other place to discuss. Therefore please allow peoples to discuss.
Thanks.

yasiru

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

thanks machan..math karala balannam

balapas

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This is actually good you are letting others no how to make money instead of trying to take like one guy who is trying to promote his VPS on another post. Anyways I got a permanent redirect and it did not stop. What does this do on FB?

Thanks

wsaman

wsaman

Machan Balapas,
Check for more information....
1. මුලින්ම යන්න මේ ලින්ක් 1 ට.
https://www.cloudcrowd.com
2. හරි. දැන් Facebook user name , password ගහල ලොග් වෙන්න. දැන් application එක allow කරන්න.
3.දැන් දකුණු ඇත පැත්තේ උඩ තියෙන sign up button එක click කරලා අහන විස්තර ටික fill කරන්න.
4.අන්තිමට Paypal account එකේ address 1 ත් දුන්නට පස්සේ පොඩි කොටුවක් තියෙනවා. එක click කරලා submit කරන්න.
If you do not have an Paypal account, Go to this link and open
https://www.paypal.com
5.එච්චරයි. දැන් ඔයාගේ account එක හරි.
දැන් available work ටැබ් එක click කරලා බලන්න තියෙන වැඩ.Writing , Editing වගේ වැඩවලටනම් credentials ඉල්ලනවා.එකට exam වගයක් තියෙනවා. අනිත් Categorization ,Data Entry වගේ වැඩ කරන ගමන් අර exam ටික කරන්න පුළුවන්. ඉස්සරලම පටන් ගන්නකො. වැඩක් අද කලොත් හෙට වෙද්දී Paypal account 1 ට සල්ලි දානවා. අපිට කරන්න තියෙන්නේ Paypal account 1 න් සල්ලි withdraw කරන්න විතරයි.
Free time ekata check karala balanna.
Thanks

balapas

Thank you very much.

I will share what I know

I knew this site for sometime.

This is part of Amazon.com so reliable unlike most of the online work websites.

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

You can get credits doing work on this site and redeem against anything you want to purchase. I am not sure whether you can withdraw money.

Fully fledged freelance sites if you are looking to do freelance as part time

https://www.odesk.com/
http://www.peopleperhour.com/
http://www.freelancer.com/

There are many others. I use https://www.odesk.com to hire freelancers for some of the web development work I have. There are data entry as well as higher end research work done by some. Lot of Indians so they have brought down the market per se for lower end work such as data entry. But if you are a web developer, accountant or lawyer, you can get quality work for higher $$

I see ads saying one day course for Rs10,000 to teach on how to make money online so must be referring to these sites. So I saved some money for some! Never trust websites that say you can earn $50 an hour. Life is not that easy!!

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

THANKS wasman & balapas for sharing.

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

We'll let this to be alive since we dont see it as a promotion..
When market is dull everyone have to survive too.. Good if the sites u've given are working..

thanujav

thanujav
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Dear Wsaman,

Do v have to give our credit card details in order to open paypal and how v got our money from that. Are they taking a charge from our credit card once we registered there. Pls explain.

Thanks in advance.

hunter

hunter

Good topic (even if less relevant to the forum)

Thought of sharing what I know and experienced:

Another site for freelance jobs:
www.elance.com

If you want to bring money to a bank account in Sri Lanka, following is easier and cheaper.
https://www.moneybookers.com

Those who want to engage in more exciting and riskier ventures, they can try some FOREX Trading also.

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

wsaman wrote:Machan Balapas,
Check for more information....
1. මුලින්ම යන්න මේ ලින්ක් 1 ට.
https://www.cloudcrowd.com
2. හරි. දැන් Facebook user name , password ගහල ලොග් වෙන්න. දැන් application එක allow කරන්න.
3.දැන් දකුණු ඇත පැත්තේ උඩ තියෙන sign up button එක click කරලා අහන විස්තර ටික fill කරන්න.
4.අන්තිමට Paypal account එකේ address 1 ත් දුන්නට පස්සේ පොඩි කොටුවක් තියෙනවා. එක click කරලා submit කරන්න.
If you do not have an Paypal account, Go to this link and open
https://www.paypal.com
5.එච්චරයි. දැන් ඔයාගේ account එක හරි.
දැන් available work ටැබ් එක click කරලා බලන්න තියෙන වැඩ.Writing , Editing වගේ වැඩවලටනම් credentials ඉල්ලනවා.එකට exam වගයක් තියෙනවා. අනිත් Categorization ,Data Entry වගේ වැඩ කරන ගමන් අර exam ටික කරන්න පුළුවන්. ඉස්සරලම පටන් ගන්නකො. වැඩක් අද කලොත් හෙට වෙද්දී Paypal account 1 ට සල්ලි දානවා. අපිට කරන්න තියෙන්නේ Paypal account 1 න් සල්ලි withdraw කරන්න විතරයි.
Free time ekata check karala balanna.
Thanks
I think you cant withdraw due exchange regulations, don't use PayPal

Nick79

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

most of the sites are time wasting , gud if u r @ home .. even then u can earn very little & ur eyes will be painfull by looking @ the screen ,

but for the professionals like web designers , programmers can earn a lot by doing freelancer.

wsaman

wsaman

Machan tanujav,

as per hunter. moneybroker also one option.
I am using bit long way to withdraw paypal money.
As traderathome said, There are some difficulties as per regulations.
But there are several ways to withdraw paypal money.
please consult [contact details not allowed in public] or [contact details not allowed in public]. u wil be able to find an easy way,
Otherwise call and check with Vishara [contact details not allowed in public] ..
Ask the possibility for wire transfer and relevant charges for that.
(Pls mention that methods here. I like to know those methods. bcz currently im not in SL?
Thanks.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Wasaman, http://clickingearnings.Deleted/2012/05/cloudcrowd-1.html cannot be opened

balapas

The freelance sites have an option for bank wire transfer and can avoid using paypal or moneybroker. These two options are bit of a hassle and more expensive. I know paypal block accounts without notice and its a big pain to restore it. I used to buy and sell on ebay sometime ago and paypal blocked my account 3 times so that was the end of it.

The wire transfer to your bank account in SL will cost (their charges) around $20-$25 (higher in peopleperhour as its UK based and denominated in pounds) and there is no intermediary bank charges of around $40-$50 on top of this which we have to normally pay on a wire transfer/TT.

There will be a fixed processing fee of Rs250 - Rs800 when you get money to your SL bank account.

I have used 3 banks in SL for wire transfers. NTB cost is Rs 250 whereas HSBC RS750. Sampath Rs800+.

If you do like $1000 work a month its not a big cost to pay $20-$25 for bank wire transfer but if you do $100, this is too much. Then best option is to withdraw like every 3 months. Good thing is one click and money is in your account within 3-4 business days.

thighrokker

wsaman wrote:Machan tanujav,
there are several ways to withdraw paypal money.
....... bcz currently im not in SL?
Thanks.

Sri Lankan PayPal users CANNOT receive money to PayPal accounts. This means that even if you crate an account ( you can) it can only be used to make ( outgoing) payments. Other cant send you money though that account.

I am not sure about MoneyBrokers/ Western Union, but it is very unlikely that Internet companies pay via MB/WU.
Most pay via PayPal, check, wire transfer or transfer to a local ( US) bank.

So I am not sure there is a cheap and efficient way for inwards retail payments.
For example, if you have a bank account, you can give the Company your Banks SWIFT code for a wire transfer, which will take 2-3 days but costs generally 20-25$ per transaction.

With SL talking about economic development, its almost a joke that we do not have a simple and cost effective mechanism for retail inward remittances, especially an electronic mechanism.
Any one knows a workable solution?

Malika1990

Malika1990

I strongly agree with u my brother has earned 1400$ for 2 months.........

Last edited by Malika1990 on Sun May 27, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

hunter

hunter

To get money to SL banks, I'd suggest Moneybookers.
They'd charge about USD 2~3 per transaction.
Freelance sites may charge about USD 1~2 to send money to MB.
So the total cost would be less than USD 5.

If a Freelance site does not support MB:
I would use Paypal to get money from the site. From paypal transfer to MB, from MB to the bank in SL.
It would cost additional USD 1.

Still cheaper than wire transfer.

thighrokker

hunter wrote:To get money to SL banks, I'd suggest Moneybookers.

I am certain you are guessing or not have done this in reality.

MB or any service will charge
- a service charge
- a cross boarder transaction fee
- an exchange commission

No way this is only going to cost 2,3$. Even a local bank charges around 500Rs for a Draft.

Also, how do you open a Paypal? Once you say you are from SL, you do not get the funds-receive option. You can lie and say that you are from another country. Then you will need to pass the conformation tests etc, and its also illegal.

Pls dont guess stuff and post. Be knowledgeable in what you write.

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I do not know anything about money transfer.What I feel when I read this thread is these charges are too high.This is like legalised robbery in my opinion.

stumpy

stumpy

thighrokker wrote:
hunter wrote:To get money to SL banks, I'd suggest Moneybookers.

I am certain you are guessing or not have done this in reality.

MB or any service will charge
- a service charge
- a cross boarder transaction fee
- an exchange commission

No way this is only going to cost 2,3$. Even a local bank charges around 500Rs for a Draft.

Also, how do you open a Paypal? Once you say you are from SL, you do not get the funds-receive option. You can lie and say that you are from another country. Then you will need to pass the conformation tests etc, and its also illegal.

Pls dont guess stuff and post. Be knowledgeable in what you write.

lol!

Bro, Hunter is not talking about a withdrawal to SL! But he's talking about "send money" transaction to your own MB account! Razz Then you can withdraw them to SL thru a wire transfer!

MB is the most inexpensive way to receive e-currencies to SL!
Use liberty reserve if you wanna do online e-currency transactions from one form to another!

@Hunter,
Looks like SL has so many FX traders than I thought Razz he he!

wsaman

wsaman

When you need to open a Paypal account, Pls check more details from below video on u-tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIjUqSr1qm4&feature=player_embedded#!

for more details check the letter,
http://www.vishara.Deleted/2012/03/blog-post_24.html
(If you can not access to this link, replace blogspot instead of deleted Smile )
Tnx

thighrokker

stumpy wrote:
Bro, Hunter is not talking about a withdrawal to SL! But he's talking about "send money" transaction to your own MB account! Razz Then you can withdraw them to SL thru a wire transfer!

MB is the most inexpensive way to receive e-currencies to SL!
Use liberty reserve if you wanna do online e-currency transactions from one form to another!

I thought the whole purpose of the thread is to earn money in SL. This would imply actually getting the money to Colombo.

Any financial service will have the 3 mentioned fees ( commis, cross boarder, exchange rate). Its basics.

Are you familer with MB? If you have 100$ in US, what are the charges and how much can I get in Colombo if its sent via MB, assuming todays rates? Would be good to know.

Some figures that i know
* sending a check - sender bears postage, no fee from receivers side. can deposit at bank and get Rs at current rate
* Hawala - black market rate, can get Rs
* Paypal - No
* SWIFT - 10-20$ charged from sender, added to NRFC in local bank, can get Rs at current rate.

hunter

hunter

@Stumpy,
Yes there's one more than you thought friend. Smile
Anyway, just starting to make some 'consistent' progress.

I do not want to argue and prove myself correct on MB and getting USD to Sri Lanka with less than USD 5 per transaction.

For the sake of whoever want to do that: I never guess and say anything but have done it many a time (probably 20~30 times).

PS:
OK. thought of giving you guys a tip.
Do not use these services to convert USD to LKR and send to SL. Just open a USD RFC and send USD to the account; then convert USD to LKR in Sri Lanka.

thighrokker

hunter wrote:
..... Just open a USD RFC and send USD to the account; then convert USD to LKR in Sri Lanka.

To open an RFC need US $100 or its equivalent at Boc and Comm bank. I think same in other banks too.

thighrokker

Money-brokers site - https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees

* I don't see sri lanka in the country list
* according to site , withdrawal of funds - Available to residents of OECD countries only
* depositor pays 1.9%
* withdrawer ( OECD) pays 3.50 EUR

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum