FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Yesterday at 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

On the occasion of my 3000th post

+40
gann
smallville
Storm
rmark
kas
Market Sucker
Kumar
hasintha
Kithsiri
Roboticfx
wiki
UKboy
Tiger
notme
Ben Graham
Backstage
UAEBOY
pathfinder
Redbulls
Monster
anubis
hunter
K.Haputantri
troy
The Alchemist
arrowms
Malika1990
sriranga
WildBear
Deva
Stefan
Gainer
Universalgoal
nkuda
summa
Green79
SL.Market
Light of Hope
Gaja
Slstock
44 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:04 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

1.5 years has passed since the time I joined this forum. I believe there were less than 50 people in the forum at that time. Now we have close to 6993. We saw many people joining and some people leaving due to professional and other reasons. From the peak ASI of around 7850 , we saw the lowest 4723 ( so far) within the period ( thats a 30% overall correction). We had times of joy and times of depression. We went through all kinds of emotional cycles, hot arguments and erudite discussion. But the crucial thing is most of us are still here in one piece.

Before I proceed let me take this opportunity to thank my fellow colleagues Smallville (Admin), Co-Admins ( Sri Ranga), Quibit ( past Admin) , GMnet, DinuSL and all the Moderators past and present for helping with the Administration. Also special thanks for all those who encouraged me and read posts and all those who posted on the forum ( with ideas to news items) sharing invaluable knowledge. You guys are people who keeps me going. My hats off to the few who stuck through thick and thin and are still here during the difficult times.

If one asks me the reason for my sticking with the forum for all this time without any monetary benefits and the times involved to post and administrate , the answer would be a) pure pleasure of community service b) benefit of learning from each other. To be honest there were times I felt why I have not left the forum . Would I have achieved more if I put all the time spent here at the forum to post and administrate for my professional, academic and personal matter? Hmm ....
But I have to say that what I have learnt from the forum/you'll is greatly appreciated by me so I guess I saw it as returning a favor to the forum/community. How long can I go like this remains to be answered but I sure enjoyed my time here immensely.

As for present market :

As I said most of what I need to say at this time in the below posts I will not include much more discussion in this post.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19816-some-thoughts-on-cse-market-situation-at-present
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19939-good-shares-time-to-analyze-and-post-findings-open-invitation-to-all

There is a clear difference between an INVESTOR and a TRADER. Commonly both want to make profits and both are needed to run/maintain a stock market (If you search the forum there are so many posts on it) I will re-iterate that what we need at this time are genuine Investors with their power to hold until shares meet their targets. Don;t get me wrong : Traders are naturally needed to boost the market as they are the ones who raises prices, but what is happening now is due to lack of confidence many will sell with slightest profit bringing market down easily or more than it goes up. Thats what the bear will do to you. I invite all those who have extra money to invest at CSE slowly seeking fundamental attractive counters. We need a capital boost for mutual benefit of all of us in the long term .Market lacks money and confidence now. Foriegner seems to have faith. Do we? I strongly re-iterate that there are 100-200% gains on offering to the long term investors which will beat FD rates hand down. Gather the courage to identify and invest for the future but in cautious way.

I invite all the stalwarts who left the forum due to personal reasons
and extreme bear to come back and contribute your opinions. The forum
needs you more during this difficult times more than times when
everything is automatic ( like the bull runs in 2009-2011).

The bear is still ruling. When the bull comes all these negativity will go and good news will start flowing from all corners. Note one thing, the market turn will not happen when things are perfect. It can happen during bad times , unexpectedly . After all market runs on future expectations not present. Be ready for it else you would have missed the bus.

Thanks for all those who kept the market going for us to have a market for the future.

If you can identify where we are at the Market cycle below , maybe it will be very helpful for our future developments.

On the occasion of my 3000th post Market10

For anybody interested, this is what I wrote many months ago on my

a) 1000 post.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3932-message-to-new-comers-on-the-occasion-of-my-celebrating-4-months-1000-posts-at-the-forum?highlight=on the occasion of my

b) 2000 post

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t13740-on-the-occasion-of-my-2000th-post?highlight=on the occasion

Finally as always

"Learn the basics, Invest not gamble, know your investment period, have Patience , have lesser Greed , know your entry and exit points and you will be a victor on the longer run at CSE"

Be ahead of the pack. Luck will favour the brave most times. All the best.

Slstock

Last edited by slstock on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total

2On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:31 am

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

All the best Slstock and waiting to see more & more. Good Luck

3On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:45 am

Light of Hope

Vice President - Equity Analytics

great stuff, keep it up. we are all thankful for your efforts with the forum, specially when most of the seniors left the forum. your posts have always been excellent and stood above others. I'm sure you would have save the butt of many retailers at many times. Thanks you, I have learned a great deal from you.

4On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:36 am

SL.Market

SL.Market

I cant miss this opportunity to say you good luck for 3000 post.... It is worth more than 6000 to me...
Even this post says many things to every type of investors in CSE... I ask for please read and adjust your self to earn not for loss....

Thank you SLS.... you are assert to the forum

5On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:00 am

Green79

Green79
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

whenever i read your articles i get an extra confidence level in me.

Thank you SLS...!

I will give my best to this forum..!

6On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:01 am

summa

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

My heartiest congratz sir..

we respect your skills, knowledge and attitudes

All the very best...

7On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 am

nkuda

Manager - Equity Analytics

Congratz......., Your posts are not political bias like most in this forum, Not very negeative like most in this forum, Keep up your great service to this forum.

8On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:12 am

Universalgoal

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Good Luck and Hope CSE follow your trend 1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 etc....

9On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 am

Gainer

Gainer

All the best for great work.

10On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:21 am

Stefan

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Congrats slstock. Your posts are excellent and an inspiration to most of us. Lots of people here have there own agendas but you stand out from the crowd. Keep it up.

11On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:11 am

Deva

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Your efforts and service you provide to the forum, are very much appreciated.
Your positive and balanced approach is outstanding. It's a pleasure to read your posts. Good Luck.

12On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 am

WildBear

Good luck. We expect more from you, future is bright. Very Happy

13On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 am

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Congratulation Slstock.
Really appreciate your commitments towards the forum.
You are the role model for all of us in the forum.
God bless you.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

14On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 am

Malika1990

Malika1990
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Congratulation Slstock.
You have done brilliant contribution to SLEF.
Good luck. Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Malika1990 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

15On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 am

arrowms

Sometimes I do not agree with U, It is the political mafia ruined the economy and CSE. So the market correction never comes automatically but when the root cause of problem corrected only.

We can invest more money but i am sure there is no return.

Anyway knowledge shared with us !! great!! . cheers
Congratulate and wish you for 4000, 5000 posting levels. Laughing

Last edited by arrowms on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Mistake)

16On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 am

The Alchemist

Congratulations Slstock ! Top stuff. well done.

17On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:05 am

troy

troy

Congratulations BOSS. Thanks for your contribution.

18On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Congradulations slstock! You brought in professionalism to the forum. Thank you for all your contributions.

19On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:28 am

hunter

hunter

slstock, you're doing a great job to keep things together. It's pleasure being associate with people like you.

I hope, your 4k's post will come in a better time for both traders and investors.
Smile

20On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 am

anubis

Good work! have learnt a lot from your posts. Thanks for all your efforts Cool

Cheers!

21On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Monster

Monster

All the best slslock. I highly appreciate your immense contribution to the forum. I can still remember, when we joined to the forum, there were not even 50 registered members.

22On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

Congratulation Slstock.
Best wishes.

23On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:48 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder

Congratulations!!!,Dear friend,greatly appreciate your valuable posts

In near future one of the "PATHTHRA MALLI" will pass you with highly valuable news items.Don't get discourage,your single post is vital than there 5000.

well done,keep it up.

24On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 pm

UAEBOY

UAEBOY

You are a fixed asset for this forum......keep your good works up...My hat off for you........ Smile

25On the occasion of my 3000th post Empty Re: On the occasion of my 3000th post Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Backstage

Backstage

Many thanks for sharing and care ring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum