FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka’s Popularity Is Surging With Travelers. Here’s Where To Go
by ResearchMan Today at 1:10 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Today at 1:06 pm

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Today at 10:17 am

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Today at 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why I am Voting for Maithri

+8
Invest_Wisely
fireshelter
dineshfernando
Jiggysaurus
Nitro 7
indica
zy
Jeremy
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I’m voting for Maithri this Thursday. For me it’s pretty simple. I’d like to be ruled by a government, not a family. I’m not related to Rajapaksas so I’d rather take my chance with laws.

WHY MAITHRIPALA
This is what Maithiripala is promising:

Mahinda Rajapaksa was a ‘pleasant man’ then. I too joined him in the Pada Yatras . This is why I am trying to take away the powers of that seat, so I too can remain a ‘pleasant man’. Any man who attains such limitless power becomes ‘unpleasant’. We will do this in the first 100 days.

I have also put forth a suggestion which the organizations supporting us did not ask for, and that is to reduce the term of the President to four years from six. We will remove the unlimited power of the Executive and share it with the Cabinet, Parliament, Judiciary, the public service and police. (Ceylon Today)

Law and order is the infrastructure that Maithripala promises.

Right now we have to appeal to one family, to the Rajapaksas. If you want to do business, if you want justice, sometimes even if you want to get a kid into school. This isn’t scalable, but it also means that people close to this family have more access to justice and prosperity than the rest of us do. Indeed, they have access to injustice and corruption. That is the nature of a system based on men. The relationship is more important than logic, rules or morality. It’s family rule and family comes first.

A Maithripala government, if it emerges, will initially be another bunch of men (and women). Some of them are douchebags, some of them are dumb, a few are smart. Only a few of them deeply care about good governance, but they all need institutions to share power between themselves. Because they are such an achcharu coalition they have to institute commissions and laws because they can’t trust each other to share power. Checks and balances are a wonderful thing.

Why I’ll vote for Maithripala is because he is the common candidate. He depends on so many different power sources that he has to rule by law in order to exist. He’s not running a family business.

WHO CARES
If Maithri wins it’s going to look like a bunch of political jockeying for 100 days. If he pushes half of his reforms through, however, you’ll be rid of the Executive Presidency that holds all the power and be left with something balanced between a weaker Presidency and a stronger Parliament. And guess what, they’re not all related to each other.

When you do business outside of the family is when you start needing contracts, agreements, procedures, etc. Because you can’t trust each other. At that point you can start fixing the judiciary not because it’s the nice thing to do but because these competing power bases actually need laws to deal with each other. Couple this with the Right To Information they’ve pledged to push through and we have a recipe for a functional democracy.

REALLY, SO WHAT?
So what does it mean for the average citizen? Well, you have to ask yourself, am I related to Mahinda Rajapaksa? If you’re not, you can count yourself out of a prominent role in government. Then you have to ask yourself, am I friends with a Rajapaksa? If you’re not, you can count yourself out of a secure role in big business. Then you have to ask yourself, am I like the Rajapaksas? Because if you’re a minority or different, your physical safety isn’t assured. That’s what family governance means. Things work the closer you are to the family and they get ugly further and further out.

Governance by law, on the other hand, means that you can be the son of a farmer and aspire to be Speaker Of Parliament or to control an actually powerful Ministry in your lifetime. It means that you can build a business and not have to pay people off or suck up to them to keep from having your land and assets seized. It means that mobs can’t attack random Muslims or Tamils or Christians because their representatives would have actual power both over the police (through the Constitutional Commission) and within the government as a whole.

Right now there is a class of people that can murder, rape, steal and extort anybody and get away with it because they’re connected. Because loyalty trumps logic. Right now there are a few thousand people that make millions of Rupees colluding with foreign powers while passing the bill to you and me. That is the price of family governance. However much development you see, never forget that the family comes first.

Me, I’m not a Rajapaksa and I want something different. I don’t think Maithripala can create law and order in 100 days, but I think that he is experienced enough, decent enough and checked-and-balanced enough that he has to deliver good governance in order for his government to exist. And he’s only asking for four years. It’s not rule by a family and he needs laws and institutions to stitch his achcharu coalition together, like chili and salt.

If I was a betting man I’d bet on Mahinda Rajapaksa cause he A) truly has done a lot for the country B) is well (and dubiously) funded and C) cheats without awareness that he’s doing anything wrong. But I’m not a betting man. I’m just a voter and I’m voting for a Maithri government. I think there’s more room for me there.

I hope we have a peaceful election. Peace out.

2Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:03 pm

zy

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

well said.

3Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

zy wrote:well said.

Thank you.

4Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:29 pm

indica

Stock Trader

I wrote this at the website indi.ca

Don't mind you reposting it though

5Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Nitro 7

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

How shameful ! To take credit for what someone else has written !

Thanks Indi

indica wrote:I wrote this at the website indi.ca

6Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

Welcome indica!! you can post your link and credential here so that everybody could directly communicate with you.

7Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus

Ayyo we thought the all powerful GMNet has come up with this writing. Looks like she is only good at stealing other ones ideas and claiming as her own.

How the power of the GMNet gilmart?

8Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:00 pm

Nitro 7

and GMNet said thank you also when someone said "well said" to a totally plagiarised piece of writing...

How shameless can one get !!

Jiggysaurus wrote:

Ayyo we thought the all powerful GMNet has come up with this writing. Looks like she is only good at stealing other ones ideas and claiming as her own.

How the power of the GMNet gilmart?

9Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:04 pm

dineshfernando

Friends, let us end pawl palanaya. The Six members of MR family is controlling 70% of the SL annual budget. There are soooo many MR family members all over the government who controls the whole country.

If MR wins he will be there for another 8 years minimum. Then comes Namal who is 28 years now. He should be 35 years to become president. Then after 8 years it will be Namal then Yoshitha and Rohitha. The next generations will be screwed up by these goons. They will be in power for at least another 50 years.

This is the very last chance to restore democracy in our country. If you miss this time, in your life time there will not be another opportunity since these goons will be very strong and it will be dictatorship ruling thereafter.

10Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:10 pm

fireshelter

fireshelter
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Laughing

11Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Nitro 7

Yes it will end this time...

dineshfernando wrote:Friends, let us end pawl palanaya. The Six members of MR family is controlling 70% of the SL annual budget. There are soooo many MR family members all over the government who controls the whole country.

If MR wins he will be there for another 8 years minimum. Then comes Namal who is 28 years now. He should be 35 years to become president. Then after 8 years it will be Namal then Yoshitha and Rohitha. The next generations will be screwed up by these goons. They will be in power for at least another 50 years.

This is the very last chance to restore democracy in our country. If you miss this time, in your life time there will not be another opportunity since these goons will be very strong and it will be dictatorship ruling thereafter.

12Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:31 am

Invest_Wisely

Manager - Equity Analytics

I am for MR as well

Reasons:
*Chandrika and Ranil did more harm to the country than good.

* I am shocked at the whole photo editing done by MY3 (Dr. Lester James Peiris). Everyone is saying MR is doing dirty tactics to get votes isn't this also dirty tactics done by my3...Where is the change?aint they same as MR?

* Electing my3 who is backed by Ranil,Chandrika etc is not change.

*I will always remember MR for giving the support to our forces to finish the war and not giving into International pressure.Hats of to MR...now UN wants to bring war crimes...We are all benefiting the dividends of peace cause the war is over it's very sad too see people saying to vote for MY3 just to avoid the UN resolution. so in other words what people are saying is its k if MR is charged for war crimes...Very sad to hear people say things like this...I will vote for MR for finishing the war and not giving into International pressure.

* There is major development work being carried out around the country...Ex:Just go to Jafna and see the amount of development done that is just one example....

* There is definitely foreign influence in our country due to the strategic location of SL that's why certain foreign countries dont like MR as he is a strong leader....

so my vote is for MR

MS has a big family too so he might put his family first as well:-)

13Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:39 am

stockback

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Invest_Wisely wrote:
I am for MR as well

Reasons:
*Chandrika and Ranil did more harm to the country than good.

* I am shocked at the whole photo editing done by MY3 (Dr. Lester James Peiris). Everyone is saying MR is doing dirty tactics to get votes isn't this also dirty tactics done by my3...Where is the change?aint they same as MR?

* Electing my3 who is backed by Ranil,Chandrika etc is not change.

*I will always remember MR for giving the support to our forces to finish the war and not giving into International pressure.Hats of to MR...now UN wants to bring war crimes...We are all benefiting the dividends of peace cause the war is over it's very sad too see people saying to vote for MY3 just to avoid the UN resolution. so in other words what people are saying is its k if MR is charged for war crimes...Very sad to hear people say things like this...I will vote for MR for finishing the war and not giving into International pressure.

* There is major development work being carried out around the country...Ex:Just go to Jafna and see the amount of development done that is just one example....

* There is definitely foreign influence in our country due to the strategic location of SL that's why certain foreign countries dont like MR as he is a strong leader....

so my vote is for MR

MS has a big family too so he might put his family first as well:-)

I am not saying anything about present candidates.

Chndrika :- political view eken baladdi udde amaruma kota dekak thibba.
1)Yapane allima
2)no fire zone eka allima
me kotas deka thamai amaruma. mokada public ekata hani nowi udde kirima thmai amaruma karanaya. ehema balladdi chandrikath udde watina kotasak kala.

Chandrika Udde karnna uthsaha kale manawa himikam nokadena widiyata. ekai godak amaru.
mama awasan udede karapu widiya gana katha karanne naha. eka ratata awasi.

Ranil kale auyudu walin uddayak nemei. ranil kale arthika udde. 2001 wana wita arthikaya minus.
ewani arthikayak shakthimath kala. eya anthima udde patan ganna kalin yam shakthiyak laba dunna

Dan kala uththe. aurudu 10-15 itha honda andamin prajathanthra wadi widiyata pawath wagen gos.
LTTE eka nawatha nagitime manasika pasubima diyaru kara damimai.

Api Tamil's lawa thalanna, pidanyakata asu kaloth ownge pidinaya nawath warak pita wenna puluwan(Landadi Gopi)

aurudu 20 withara honda prajathnthrawadi palanyak kaloth. LTTE sanwidanya parana wamnshika pakshayakage thiyena durwala thathwayakata path wenawa.

Kunu Aussanne nathuwa ema thathwaya Janathawagen amathaka karawanna ona. dan karanne eya nawath nawatha mathak kirimai.

APi saba Samya Langa karagamu. Obe chandaya eya wenuwen pawichchi karanna

Good Luck...!

14Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:11 am

nalban

Ganak na MY3 ge manifesto ekath MR ge budget copy yak ne. Yahaplanaye hati thama.

Anyway friends just relax and enjoy till Friday morning. Status quo willi prevail. Suba Anagathayak!

15Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:48 pm

anjelo

anjelo

forum poll names changed.dirty work by a admin

16Why I am Voting for Maithri Empty Re: Why I am Voting for Maithri Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Very good and thanks for your time and effort

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum