FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Yesterday at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many of you decided to leave the market?

+54
Market Sucker
Surangaby
lbnnirmal
gann
ISURU
enslive
THIRU
Monster
sanjeewa88
manula
investor.sl
krisen
ss7097
kam2011
smallville
Fresher
Chinwi
Rocky
pushpakumara
insidertrader
virajith
NEM
econ
FXX
aladdin
MktLook
mono
xmart
RichDad
yoyo
thilankad
seyon
ROHAN
SL.Market
Thor
Aamiable
Intrinsic
kiwi
themask
Chabbi
opfdo
Antonym
mark
LoveMoney
CSE Today
eraa
tkc
Slstock
UNI
swan03
UKboy
Maximin
RIO
Gaja
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Chabbi

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I will be thr .... CSE is like my Saving A/C in a Bank Razz

Nowwa days i think my Bank is bit stagnated .... i think it has bad period ... thr will be Very good coming Smile Wanna learn now with small mistakes now ... @ good period can double the money Smile

Lets think Positive Very Happy

last few days i was in hurry to get some funds & buy some-more stuff... if it has bad period ahead ??? thn hv to await more .......

themask

Manager - Equity Analytics

I'm not gonna leave but its very frustrating and disgusting to see some crappy shares go up like rockets! However new comers who started trading early this year or during the last couple of months last year may find this situation to be really bad. I'm still green thanks to the good profits I earned last year from some good shares.

kiwi

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Rather than leave the market, I am slowly adding to my positions. I have spent a lot of time looking at each share I own and made the decision to hold unless something changes dramatically within the business. A good example of that is ECL where I built up a stake at an average of under Rs 4.00 per share. This was based on the strong fundamentals and strong balance sheet of the company along with growth prospects. Recent events of a tech company branching out into the BLUE made me reconsider my holding, where I have now sold about half of my holding at over a 50% gain. I am sharing this not to show how clever I am, but to illustrate the point that I will hold shares that I bought for good reasons unless something changes within the business. Day to day or week to week or even month to month price movements are meaningless. The other key is that I have been lucky that I have not borrowed any money and can afford to buy and hold for a very long time. In the end a share will get to the price its worth, it just might take awhile. So while its frustrating at times to see the share price take a hammering in the short term, just stop looking at the day to day price action.

I know some of you get mad at the crazy prices being paid for worthless junk shares and the lack of interest in worthwhile shares, that's just how it is. If you can afford to hold, then hold. If I had borrowed money to invest in this market, I would be very afraid, most probably I would sell up even at a loss as this trip down south can go on for awhile yet.

Intrinsic

My portfolio is completely red. Unrealized loss is 16%, the highest ever. I won't sell anything at a loss. I am learning trading lessons in this lull period.

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Time to average. I am not going to leave with losses.

I stay and collect few to compensate...

When everybody realizes IPO’s do not give any profits, market would regain losses. PLCs perform well… future is secure.

Good time to collect at bargain prices...

I am not going to leave... this is not a long term problem.

Thor

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I am trying to be patient and HOLD.

SL.Market

SL.Market

I m never..

ROHAN

ROHAN

i think this situation leaving is better Sleep ,only watching and tuching undervalued shares,,,,after come back when market up,,,but how sold my shares with huge lost Crying or Very sad

http://lk.duinvest.com/portal/LKCSE/homePage.html

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Gaja wrote:Express your opinions freely?

How can we leave the mkt, there can be a up and down. that is typical mkt. This is good time focus on Fundamental shares at bargain price.

thilankad

thilankad

EAST OR WEST I WILL NOT LEAVE I THINK PATIENCE IS THE IMPORTANT

http://thilankadinush.blogspot.com/

yoyo

yoyo

Lot of people were there in the market even in the time of War and recession. They did not give up completely. Current market is not that bad...Lets wait and see friends...There are up and downs in markets. Fundamentals will be valued sooner or later. I wont give up...Cheers.

RichDad

RichDad

It looks like massive IPOs and T+5 are absorbing the liquidity of the market.
As we know we have faced this drought time to time in the past too.
What a cleaver investor would do is technically analyze the market patterns time to time, then enter and and exit at the perfect time.

To survive in CSE you got to have perfect timing too. I allocate 80% of my portfolio on medium term counters (more than one year for me) and I keep another 20% on short term playing (1 day to 1 year) If you are in Rome you have to be a Roman. I also keep a small amount aside for averaging purposes and if I feel the stock is going to sleep for a long time with no delay I average it and exit. I used to buy with credit and soon realized that I was loosing my hard earned money due to t+5. Then I settled credit as soon as I found some bucks and now I have some left money in my account.

Now I'm waiting till the next week to make some purchases at a discount when a majority is chasing behind IPOs. I have identified some under valued counters and studied their business well. TWOD, FLCH, KGAL are three of the besties I have found and waiting till the next week to collect at a discount. I'm in the process of understanding their business and evaluating their future plans.

Currently I have some good for nothing counters in my portfolio which I bought emotionally in the past and I will get a good opportunity to average them in the coming weeks and exit as soon as the market recovers.
Then I need to build up a portfolio which can take me a long journey. A portfolio I'm confident about even during the drought.

Friends, Don't hurry and exit as green times are not too far.

Good luck!

DISCLAIMER:
The above statement is not meant to influence anyone's decision to buy/sell this stock.

xmart

xmart

ASI would not break 7000 mark as i think. because, if ASI drop down to 7000 it is not a healthy sign for overall market and investors sentiment. SEC & broker firms may try to control the market above ASI 7000 mark. therefore, stay with your guns.

mono

mono

There seems to be very little macro reason for this. Except maybe people feeling that real estate is the next big thing.

I thought the index would bounce today. but it did. Mea culpa

MktLook

Stock Trader

THIS IS VERY BAD MARKET. I HAVE ALREADY LOST LOT OF MONEY OVER HERE. I DECIDED TO QUIT THE MARKET THIS FRIDAY WITH GOOD MANNER.

aladdin

aladdin

I do not understand the need of leaving the market when the ASI turns RED. It is just an indicator only guys. I earn better money from RED market than the Green market. When the entire market is up and running its very hard to decide which one will sustain in growth since many goes behind many. But when its red, its damn easy to decide what to poke the hand and which counter people really need to buy. I do not seee any need of leaving the market until 2012 Jan. Lets c by that time..

FXX

FXX

at the moment im all red with 9% Unrealized loss. I will try to reduce my average cost price by buying at lest few shares on each month, im planing to invest on Browns Investment IPO and Vallibel ONE IPO as well.

SL.Market

SL.Market

FXX wrote:at the moment im all red with 9% Unrealized loss. I will try to reduce my average cost price by buying at lest few shares on each month, im planing to invest on Browns Investment IPO and Vallibel ONE IPO as well.

Good move..

econ

econ
Global Moderator

mono wrote:There seems to be very little macro reason for this. Except maybe people feeling that real estate is the next big thing.

is there any real estate boom around the scene?

NEM

NEM
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I'm not going to leave the market... I think if you have bought fundamentally strong shares wait another few months until people who are pursuing manipulators learn a lesson, But upcoming IPOs are also a big issue. But i think fundamentally strong companies will show good result in the future as well KGAL, DIMO, RHL, RICH looks very good undervalued shares at discounted prices.

virajith

virajith
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

im all ready vanised

virajith

virajith
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

greg,cfin mawa netikolo.ane apoi

insidertrader

FXX wrote:at the moment im all red with 9% Unrealized loss. I will try to reduce my average cost price by buying at lest few shares on each month, im planing to invest on Browns Investment IPO and Vallibel ONE IPO as well.

That is if you have an unlimited source of cash.

pushpakumara

This is my bread and butter , so I have no way leaving this. Only problem is I have quite a lot of personal debts to be cleared and time is running out for me.
So with no new money to invest, I am stuck and awaiting for some miracle to happen with whole of my portfolio is decorated with red.

Rocky

Rocky

i requested all u guys to keep some cash for a rainy day like this.

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Why should we leave ?

We are at lowest technical levels since 2009 !

Today SMA touched 120 (after April 2009) and RSI is 34 nearing lowest. Index line going below bottom Bollinger .

This tells us to hold and buy if possible. I think some experienced guys are collecting good shares at good prices.

Fresher

i got an OD facility just for days like this.
but i had to already use much of it due to my new broker buying shares at peak.

at first i gave him a limit to play around but he started using more. first he booked profits so i didn't tell anything wen it turned around. now back to my hands. (anyway this is my secondary a/c)

FXX

FXX

SL.Market wrote:

Good move..

Very Happy
insidertrader wrote:

That is if you have an unlimited source of cash.

well i cant lower my average buying cost overnight but somehow i will try to bring down the average in coming weeks and months,

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

econ wrote:
mono wrote:There seems to be very little macro reason for this. Except maybe people feeling that real estate is the next big thing.

is there any real estate boom around the scene?

Select a plot of land for right or bargain price is a challenge. Also it is quite similar to CSE. Some areas are overly valued, some plots for reasonable prices & has the potential.

Trust me it is another interesting subject. But if you like liquid cash then this may not the right choice.

smallville

smallville

Chinwi is correct.. Theres no hope in leaving now.. already almost all hit the bottom today.. even the speculatives like GREG Wink so the next step is the rise and it may even start from Thursday..
I moved out from some loss making stocks of mine at a loss of course and rotated the cash to some fundamentally good stocks as wel as unpredictable stokcs like TWOD.. at least something has to keep the portfolio balanced.. Wink

Whtever the direction market goes, brokers make profit.. So next trading dat onwards I'm watching so the brokers dont see me trading for few days sometimes Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum