FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many of you decided to leave the market?

+54
Market Sucker
Surangaby
lbnnirmal
gann
ISURU
enslive
THIRU
Monster
sanjeewa88
manula
investor.sl
krisen
ss7097
kam2011
smallville
Fresher
Chinwi
Rocky
pushpakumara
insidertrader
virajith
NEM
econ
FXX
aladdin
MktLook
mono
xmart
RichDad
yoyo
thilankad
seyon
ROHAN
SL.Market
Thor
Aamiable
Intrinsic
kiwi
themask
Chabbi
opfdo
Antonym
mark
LoveMoney
CSE Today
eraa
tkc
Slstock
UNI
swan03
UKboy
Maximin
RIO
Gaja
58 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Express your opinions freely?

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Gaja wrote:Express your opinions freely?

Not me...I'm really happy to see the market in this RED...but saddest thing is I have little money left for hunting...! Neutral

Maximin

Maximin
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I don't have a single rupee more to invest. I am quit till a Plantation or a Bank rally start.

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Just after the Credit facility extension couple of months back I sold about 30% of PF and withdrew 20%.
Bought a land from that money and the rest 10% I'm slowly buying some shares.
This market has not hit the bottom yet.

I told other guys to sell their shares at that time but not too sure how many of them listen to that.
As usual I was the enemy number 1. Smile

Last edited by UKboy on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added one more line)

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics

I won't leave. So sad, no money for fishing.

UNI

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

JINS
10,000@20.70
sold 10,000@18

planing to buy back @ 15

will it work?

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Gaja,
This will be common thought right now as the market has been dropping considerably for days now. But it is getting to be in the over sold region with techinicals. What we do not know is how much it will drop more before it will pick up suddenly. Sellign completely now already at loss might be a bad idea if the market suddenly decides to pick up due to being over sold.

So it is best to watch a couple of more days. If it break 7000 ASI it will be not good.

Let hope it won;t go there as it will get very ugly if so. If you have debt to settle do what is necessary.

Hope everyone has the strength. Take courage. There will be ups and downs. This is a bad down. I do not want to be the one to say hold as people will blame if it goes worse as it could. But what I am saying is it is not good to panic also.

Some share are at August2010 prices! Some might consider this a buying spree for long term. Money is the issue.

Last edited by slstock on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

tkc

tkc
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yes, it is really hard to even survive in current market...But leaving is not the best option...If there are bad days I believe that there should be good days too... Wink

Gaja

don't worry friend, i will not leave the market, i am here since 2002 and compared to those days market is very active even today, will wait and see how other members coming with there opinions

eraa

eraa
Stock Trader

i,am not leaving pirat

CSE Today

CSE Today
Manager - Equity Analytics

Who ever think to leave the MKT coz of RED...then they are the real Fools...this is the time to collect & pack our bags with good valued , Fundamentally strong & future growth stocks at bargain prices...!

I m waiting for RCL to come down to 154 & BRWN to 300 etc ect...! cheers
(this is not a buy signal for RCL or BRWN - its my choice only)

LoveMoney

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I'm not. We have to learn to be patient. Most of us are not trained to be stock market investors. To be a near-complete stock market success, we need to do a lot of studies, without doing any study or having experience its not fair to blame the market. We have to adopt to the market conditions which changes its course time to time. The problem we blame the market and get frustrated is that we are not educated on stock trading professionally. 99% people in the market is looking at the change happen to a counter with a very narrow mind, simply talking; you are looking at day to day price change of the stock mostly. So, do more studies; Study about the different market conditions, market cycles, other methods of investing.

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

i already quit in last week........... Very Happy

swan03

mark wrote:i already quit in last week........... Very Happy
Shocked

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

swan03 wrote:
Shocked

I TOLD YOU NE............. Very Happy

CSE Today

CSE Today

So will from this forum toooo....?? alien

Antonym

Antonym

It is a great time to buy undervalued shares. The problem is that retail investors, including me, have hardly any money left...

The market will improve and move up. The time to sell and leave is when the market is up - not now, definitely! Never forget the basic rule: BUY LOW, SELL HIGH.

swan03

CSE Today wrote:

Whatever happens, he'll never leave this forum Smile

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

CSE Today wrote:

Hehe,never mate........... i already incur more than 20% loss to exit in last week, but if i waited until now,i may gonna loss more than 40%........ Smile

opfdo

opfdo

leaving ?????? Laughing never never never....... I am waiting for fishing.

Chabbi

Chabbi

I will be thr .... CSE is like my Saving A/C in a Bank Razz

Nowwa days i think my Bank is bit stagnated .... i think it has bad period ... thr will be Very good coming Smile Wanna learn now with small mistakes now ... @ good period can double the money Smile

Lets think Positive Very Happy

last few days i was in hurry to get some funds & buy some-more stuff... if it has bad period ahead ??? thn hv to await more .......

themask

themask

I'm not gonna leave but its very frustrating and disgusting to see some crappy shares go up like rockets! However new comers who started trading early this year or during the last couple of months last year may find this situation to be really bad. I'm still green thanks to the good profits I earned last year from some good shares.

kiwi

kiwi
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Rather than leave the market, I am slowly adding to my positions. I have spent a lot of time looking at each share I own and made the decision to hold unless something changes dramatically within the business. A good example of that is ECL where I built up a stake at an average of under Rs 4.00 per share. This was based on the strong fundamentals and strong balance sheet of the company along with growth prospects. Recent events of a tech company branching out into the BLUE made me reconsider my holding, where I have now sold about half of my holding at over a 50% gain. I am sharing this not to show how clever I am, but to illustrate the point that I will hold shares that I bought for good reasons unless something changes within the business. Day to day or week to week or even month to month price movements are meaningless. The other key is that I have been lucky that I have not borrowed any money and can afford to buy and hold for a very long time. In the end a share will get to the price its worth, it just might take awhile. So while its frustrating at times to see the share price take a hammering in the short term, just stop looking at the day to day price action.

I know some of you get mad at the crazy prices being paid for worthless junk shares and the lack of interest in worthwhile shares, that's just how it is. If you can afford to hold, then hold. If I had borrowed money to invest in this market, I would be very afraid, most probably I would sell up even at a loss as this trip down south can go on for awhile yet.

Intrinsic

My portfolio is completely red. Unrealized loss is 16%, the highest ever. I won't sell anything at a loss. I am learning trading lessons in this lull period.

Aamiable

Time to average. I am not going to leave with losses.

I stay and collect few to compensate...

When everybody realizes IPO’s do not give any profits, market would regain losses. PLCs perform well… future is secure.

Good time to collect at bargain prices...

I am not going to leave... this is not a long term problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum