FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Mon May 13, 2024 8:42 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many of you decided to leave the market?

+54
Market Sucker
Surangaby
lbnnirmal
gann
ISURU
enslive
THIRU
Monster
sanjeewa88
manula
investor.sl
krisen
ss7097
kam2011
smallville
Fresher
Chinwi
Rocky
pushpakumara
insidertrader
virajith
NEM
econ
FXX
aladdin
MktLook
mono
xmart
RichDad
yoyo
thilankad
seyon
ROHAN
SL.Market
Thor
Aamiable
Intrinsic
kiwi
themask
Chabbi
opfdo
Antonym
mark
LoveMoney
CSE Today
eraa
tkc
Slstock
UNI
swan03
UKboy
Maximin
RIO
Gaja
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Why should we leave ?

We are at lowest technical levels since 2009 !

Today SMA touched 120 (after April 2009) and RSI is 34 nearing lowest. Index line going below bottom Bollinger .

This tells us to hold and buy if possible. I think some experienced guys are collecting good shares at good prices.

Fresher

i got an OD facility just for days like this.
but i had to already use much of it due to my new broker buying shares at peak.

at first i gave him a limit to play around but he started using more. first he booked profits so i didn't tell anything wen it turned around. now back to my hands. (anyway this is my secondary a/c)

FXX

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

SL.Market wrote:
FXX wrote:at the moment im all red with 9% Unrealized loss. I will try to reduce my average cost price by buying at lest few shares on each month, im planing to invest on Browns Investment IPO and Vallibel ONE IPO as well.

Good move..

Very Happy
insidertrader wrote:
FXX wrote:at the moment im all red with 9% Unrealized loss. I will try to reduce my average cost price by buying at lest few shares on each month, im planing to invest on Browns Investment IPO and Vallibel ONE IPO as well.

That is if you have an unlimited source of cash.

well i cant lower my average buying cost overnight but somehow i will try to bring down the average in coming weeks and months,

UKboy

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

econ wrote:
mono wrote:There seems to be very little macro reason for this. Except maybe people feeling that real estate is the next big thing.

I thought the index would bounce today. but it did. Mea culpa

is there any real estate boom around the scene?

Select a plot of land for right or bargain price is a challenge. Also it is quite similar to CSE. Some areas are overly valued, some plots for reasonable prices & has the potential.

Trust me it is another interesting subject. But if you like liquid cash then this may not the right choice.

smallville

Chinwi is correct.. Theres no hope in leaving now.. already almost all hit the bottom today.. even the speculatives like GREG Wink so the next step is the rise and it may even start from Thursday..
I moved out from some loss making stocks of mine at a loss of course and rotated the cash to some fundamentally good stocks as wel as unpredictable stokcs like TWOD.. at least something has to keep the portfolio balanced.. Wink

Whtever the direction market goes, brokers make profit.. So next trading dat onwards I'm watching so the brokers dont see me trading for few days sometimes Twisted Evil

kam2011

Dont worry friends.

Pl. try to undestand the characteristic of CSE. I have mentioned this point in several my posts. Some members gave me gifts with Negative rep. I am not angry with them, In fact I love them because at least they have read my posts and reacted according to their level of understanding about the Stock Market behaviour.

Dear Friends,
We must find ways to earn some money every day if possible. If you study deeply and find out what is realy happening it is not that difficult to predict one or two counters every day. Frankly even today I earned a very good profit from dealing SEMB N shares. I bought at 2.10 in the morining and sold at 2.50 and 2.60 level in the afternoon.( 96500 shares)You can calculate how much i earned.) Last week I sold TESS at 3.40 (cost 3.10) today I bought 70000 at 3.10. Some times I can sell these shares this week or early next week around 3.40-3.50 level or Otherwise I will have to hold it for few days . But according to the trading pattern of this share definetely it will go up again quickly. May be day after.Rather than get angry with CSE better to be friendly with it by improving our knowledge to handle it properly.

Last edited by kam2011 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

ss7097

ss7097
Manager - Equity Analytics

Gaja wrote:Express your opinions freely?

How can leave now? Almost 20% lost from my portfolio and looking for better counters to enter as well as to avg the stock I've. There is no other way to come out from this. "Lidhata vatuna miniha lidha kattenma godata enna wenawa". This is a good lesson for new comers like me. Not to be greedy and patience will be the main two points we can learn from here.

Anyhow, all the best you guys.. Hold on to your PF and hope market will be green in coming weeks.

ss7097

Gaja

hi good most of are positive about the market so no need to worry, yes i also bought some stocks at the best price i think

krisen

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

What i learned in stock market is that the patience is the key, so I will wait and collect if i can and wait more for indices to become positive, then sell. I am not interested in making loss..

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

mono wrote:There seems to be very little macro reason for this. Except maybe people feeling that real estate is the next big thing.

I thought the index would bounce today. but it did. Mea culpa

I Could be Wrong, but I get a feeling there is a good chance it should bounce before or around ASI 7000. We are very close to being in over sold situation and some shares are in lowest we have seen for 10 months. If the "authorities" also let this to continue it will not be good for CSE ( I mean the Sri lankan side of it).

This is just an opinion bnased on past experience. Again I could be wrong.

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Market was not reflecting fundamentals during last few months,... many were chasing behind short term gains, foreigners got an opportunity to collect financially sound stocks at a bargain price.

gains without any reason tend to fail.

foreigners collect sound stocks and they benefit at the end… This has happened repeatedly in CSE. Why can’t we learn to respect fundamentals? ..Now onwards things might improve… Those financially sound stocks are the most attractive at the moment. market has no other choice now..

the only way to recover

insidertrader

At the moment there is no such thing as "financially sound stocks at a bargain price"
Financially sound stocks are going at a abnormal high price multiple and if you look a them they're either returning to the same level again and again, or going down gradually over days, months and quarters. And if you consider the stocks with relatively low PE ratios, you will see that their profit has been very inconsistent. There's a single quarter profit which is much more than the remaining quarters added up which pushes down the PE ratio to an unusual number. It's just onetime income.

Aamiable

problem is many companies which make continues profits and which are not over valued were also down to unacceptable levels. they should return to long standing acceptable levels.

Otherwise it’s not so good for medium and long term investors at the CSE. They might loose the interest. Only short term gainers may be left. Without other investors they also cannot continue. try to attract such long term investors.

Aamiable

NEM wrote:I'm not going to leave the market... I think if you have bought fundamentally strong shares wait another few months until people who are pursuing manipulators learn a lesson, But upcoming IPOs are also a big issue. But i think fundamentally strong companies will show good result in the future as well KGAL, DIMO, RHL, RICH looks very good undervalued shares at discounted prices.

I also haven’t decided to leave CSE. Just watching whether they direction is sound. There many medium term investors watching direction and the situation.

Rocky

Rocky

We have to keep in mind the following:

* Most prices are driven up by retail buying
* There have been a constant outflow of foreign investors from the CSE
* There have been many large IPO's this year
* Many individual / retail investors have blocked their monies in IPO's
* Retailers who have bought on credit are somewhat forced to sell what ever shares they held with small gains even.
* Retailers wanted to make 30-40% gains on IPO's and sold their good shares at sub-optimal prices.

This trend may continue on Thursday and Friday and there will be a correction the following week. But don't expect miracles for the ASPI to go up beyond 7400 instantly.

investor.sl

investor.sl
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I was studying and thinking to enter market after getting small profits from few IPO's. I wanted to be a regular investor at CSE after analysing the market. nw Im afraid of that. but i like to keep on eye without leaving.

Gaja

so whats everybody thinking now? Again saying don't do the trading on credit, and don't buy a share without a reason?

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Gaja wrote:so whats everybody thinking now? Again saying don't do the trading on credit, and don't buy a share without a reason?

Well Said Gaja, there are plenty of stocks trading below PE 10-15 range, those companies have good potential. these days are good to collect @ very bargain price.

Today i collected some undervalued counters with little bit scared about trend of the tomorrow mkt.

manula

i will not leave the market.

Before entering the stock market from my savings i brought two houses in Colombo and give it on rent. After that only last year I came to the stock market and these house rents still i can do some buying.I am watching the market carefully these days to buy my favorite FLCH,RICH etc long term to keep as FD. Previously i also emotionally brought some unwanted shares this i will try to average and to sold in this time if possible.

Gaja

manula wrote:i will not leave the market.

Before entering the stock market from my savings i brought two houses in Colombo and give it on rent. After that only last year I came to the stock market and these house rents still i can do some buying.I am watching the market carefully these days to buy my favorite FLCH,RICH etc long term to keep as FD. Previously i also emotionally brought some unwanted shares this i will try to average and to sold in this time if possible.

Your situation ok friend, but some of the traders ended to cse with the purpose of buying multiple number of houses with in a very short period from the profit earn in the cse

manula

Gaja wrote:
manula wrote:i will not leave the market.

Your situation ok friend, but some of the traders ended to cse with the purpose of buying multiple number of houses with in a very short period from the profit earn in the cse

So far fine. I can hold the loss.Only worry is Like to invest more but mind is moving in different ways.I know market will recover. But thinking to make some FD with Chinese money (hope their will be a future grow..Dollor rate is still same from long time) or buy some gold or buy some cultivation land to do after retire.
Though i working overseas when first i asked about the share market from broker company they asked me the possibility of saving 50m in the private placement on the softlogic (other wise he told me to introduce 10 friends with 5m). But i was not having that amount due my house work completed, so i neglected the offer. they told me i can get big gain when it will come to the market (this i mention in the softlogic IPO discussion time in the forum). This is way they are working

sanjeewa88

sanjeewa88

If ASI goes beyond 6500 I decided to get back money.

mono

mono

sanjeewa88 wrote:If ASI goes beyond 6500 I decided to get back money.

It'll probably dip a little lower than that. I think around 6300

Monster

Monster

mono wrote:
sanjeewa88 wrote:If ASI goes beyond 6500 I decided to get back money.

It'll probably dip a little lower than that. I think around 6300
If ASI goes beyond 6300 I will invest more.

THIRU

THIRU
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi Gaja,

I will not leave the market. Winners never quit. I will try my level best to fight and stay.

Even today I witnessed some wealthy individuals bought good shares at cheap prices.

Dont worry my friends. Be confident. dont panic and dont push the market down!

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

mark wrote:i already quit in last week........... Very Happy

im back Very Happy Very Happy

Chabbi

Chabbi

mark wrote:

Big Fish back ............

Can expect 200+ ASI & MPI Smile

is it the time enter Mr. Mark ?? or await for some more time ??

enslive

enslive
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Never quit ,

DO OR DIE Shocked

ISURU

ISURU

All problems will be settled soon. I am not leaving.

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Chabbi wrote:
mark wrote:

Big Fish back ............

Can expect 200+ ASI & MPI Smile

is it the time enter Mr. Mark ?? or await for some more time ??

hehee...i entered in last week in june and traded without holding any shares,but Kept HOPL and LFIN for while and disposed gradually with little losses Sad ,but recover from trades in bargain counters.. Very Happy ,im expecting further bear market with some little ups and downs..,i sell whenever i get at least a one rupee profit Wink ,if go down,i sell and quit,no holding in this market conditions...no sure of anything..
my weak point-0% patience,but im not a panic seller Very Happy

btw my advise is hold your shares until things get recover,it may recover from a day,week or month or it may not recover for ages..and also if you have money try to buy at depths which have low risk exposure and good funda...

note-be careful when you buying,bcoz you may still buying in peaks compared to unseen depths..
try to play with every market situations
good luck Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum