FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maharaja's Advice

+97
FireandWater
Champ888
gayan1987
Wickyz
shihan 93
subash81
Eranga87
Dharshi
judecroos
Quibit
Mithooshan
hiransilva23
kingraj1
Chithi
geesura
Ruwan925
roshan1039
npgslnawa
Eng Krishantha
Promoney
Kipling
thestock123
Riz123
celtic tiger
xhunter
dayandacool
KavinduTM
Uaecoindubai
hammurabi
God Father
kalu351
ChooBoy
Sstar
mahasona2
dmtmadusanka
arun.cse
prabath
THUWA
AshvineeV
nosf766
janith123
Kokoshka
pererap
Rukshan28
soileconomy
sahan8896
chamith
skyfall
Yahapalanaya
hasitha@CSE
anjelo
Avon
Small Investor
TraderCSE
sampath.anuradha
wisdom79
cechjozef36
lishanthan
kdktec
reyaz
DS Wijesinghe
Ryan Hudson
easthetic
ruwan326
Eugine Fernando
dsam
Lucky Gamage
Rifanmoh
EquityChamp
ranferdi
Chinwi
Miss-Sangeetha
TARGET
Vacations To Sri Lanka
sanjulanka
fireshelter
pure equity
Jaya sri
Suranga malli
nimantha80
samaritan
sureshot
stockback
Teller
Aqua
worthiness
jayathu
EquityChemp
Mubin Mustafa
Nuwan Prasad
Pac-man
chamil1
Gainer
D.G.Dayaratne
TIRAN712
sisira.wijeweera
Maharaja
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 33]

151Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:32 am

wisdom79

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Without boasting buy some ANILANA and loll. Buy at the corect time and sell at the bad time.....

Market will remain forever and you will perish soon.

Buy anilana and wait and then sell at 2.00

ruwan326

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

wisdom79 wrote:Without boasting buy some ANILANA and loll. Buy at the corect time and sell at the bad time.....

Market will remain forever and you will perish soon.

Buy anilana and wait and then sell at 2.00
Wisdom79, why don't you join Maharaja and invest in Negambo fish market??????? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

153Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Maharaja

Expert
Expert

Maharaja wrote:If anybody have JKH in their portfolios please sell now. It is a very good price now to exit JKH.

Maharaja

I remind you again, clear JKH from your portfolios. 
It is like keeping dead animal inside the house. clean the dead animal before the smell spreads inside the house.

Maharaja

154Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:00 pm

DS Wijesinghe

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Maharaja wrote:
Maharaja wrote:If anybody have JKH in their portfolios please sell now. It is a very good price now to exit JKH.

Maharaja

It is like keeping dead animal inside the house. clean the dead animal before the smell spreads inside the house.

Maharaja
Is this stock in your watch list Maharaja? If so 

1. at what price do you think it is worth for a 5-6 year investment?

2. if you are going to buy this stock at what price would you buy?

155Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Maharaja

Expert
Expert

Maharaja's call is Immediate EXIT for JKH. 

Now its not the time to think about investing in JKH for any period. Your question can be valid after 18 months.

Price Maharaja will buy ? Only below 60/-
I do not give target price of 60/- but my bid is 60/-

Maharaja.

156Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:02 pm

sampath.anuradha

කොළඹ කොටස් තවමත් අවුරුදු 8 කට කලින් තිබුණු තැනමයි

[ltr]http://biz.adaderana.lk[/ltr]

157Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

sampath.anuradha wrote:කොළඹ කොටස් තවමත් අවුරුදු 8 කට කලින් තිබුණු තැනමයි

[ltr]http://biz.adaderana.lk[/ltr]

“පවතින පොළී අනුපාතිකයයි, විදේශ විනිමය අගය ඉහළ යාමයි සැලකුවොත් මේ වගේ roller-coaster effects එනවා. හැබැයි සමාගම ගත්තොත් අද වෙන කොට ශුද්ධ වත්කම් වටිනකම රු. 42.00 ක් දක්වා ඉහළ ගොස් තිබෙනවා. ඒ කියන්නේ තිබුණු මට්ටමට වඩා ඉහළ මට්ටමකට අපි සමාගම ගෙනල්ලා තිබෙනවා. මම කරන්නේ වත්කම් ගොඩනංවන එක. සමාගමේ කොටසක වෙළෙඳපොළ මිල බලලා මට වැඩක් නැහැ. Roller-coaster effects එනකොට මාකට් උඩ යනවා, පල්ලෙහා යනවා. මෙය දරාගන්න පුළුවන් කියන එකයි මිනිසුන්ගේ ගැටළුව. සුළුපරිමාණ ආයෝජකයින් වෙළෙඳපොළට ගෙන්නුවාට පස්සේ, ඒ ගොල්ලන්ට අල්ලාගෙන සිටීමේ හැකියාවක් (holding power) නැතිනම් ඒ ගොල්ලෝ අමාරුවේ වැටෙනවා. ඒක හින්දා මගේ එක සමාගමක්වත් වෙළෙඳපොළට ගිහිං කොටස් ගන්න කියලා marketing tools එකක්වත් හදලා නැහැ. ඇයි හදන්න බැරි, මේ Roller-coaster effect එකට මිනිස්සු අහුවුණොත් දාන සල්ලි ටික නැති වෙනවා. මේක රු. 25-30 කට ගෙනල්ලා මාකට් කරන එක මට එච්චරම ලොකු ගැටළුවක් නෙමෙයි. හැබැයි අනිත් කම්පැනීස් කරනවා. ප්‍රතිපත්තියක් විදියට අපේ කිසිම සමාගමක් එහෙම කරන්නේ නැහැ. වත්කම් ගොඩනැගීම තමයි අපිට කරන්න පුළුවන් එකම දේ._ධම්මික පෙරේරා

http://biz.adaderana.lk/කොළඹ-කොටස්-තවමත්-අවුරුදු-8/

158Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:29 pm

DS Wijesinghe

Maharaja wrote:Maharaja's call is Immediate EXIT for JKH. 

Now its not the time to think about investing in JKH for any period. Your question can be valid after 18 months.

Maharaja.
OK thanks for your feedback

One more question: 

If you are to Buy Commercial Bank Voting Stock, what would be your Bid Price?

159Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:48 pm

TraderCSE

Manager - Equity Analytics

Maharaja.

Who is this "Maharaja"? 

If this happens (At least to a certain extent) where the ASI will ended up? 

I'm not going to argue with his prediction as so far he is correct on ASI prediction though I don't want it to happen in that way.

Anyway I'm also looking at to buy JKH and COMB during next down turn. Need your advise on COMB also.

160Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:49 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

TraderCSE wrote:

Maharaja.

Who is this "Maharaja"? 

I'm not going to argue with his prediction as so far he is correct on ASI prediction though I don't want it to happen in that way.

Anyway I'm also looking at to buy JKH and COMB during next down turn. Need your advise on COMB also.

Go through this article first and get all the details. You have to learn the hard way when it comes to trading and investing in CSE. Some say wait till 2020 and that is the most childish thing to say. Whether Bull or Bear market you should be able to invest and trade, to do that do your own analysis and be brave to pick the winning shares @the right time. Do not pick a share depending on predictions/rumors/forums or just because some one said Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Do your own analysis first by using investing.com,CSE.lk and annual reports and quarter results and etc...........

161Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:52 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

ruwan326 wrote:
TraderCSE wrote:

Maharaja.

Who is this "Maharaja"? 

Go through this article first and get all the details. You have to learn the hard way when it comes to trading and investing in CSE. Some say wait till 2020 and that is the most childish thing to say. Whether Bull or Bear market you should be able to invest and trade, to do that do your own analysis and be brave to pick the winning shares @the right time. Do not pick a share depending on predictions/rumors/forums or just because some one said Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Do your own analysis first by using investing.com,CSE.lk and annual reports and quarter results and etc...........
Who is this "Maharaja"?

the answer is he must be the son of this fellow(Sumanadasa uncle)
Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 9kA

162Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:59 am

easthetic

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

DS Wijesinghe wrote:
Maharaja wrote:

Maharaja

Maharaja
Is this stock in your watch list Maharaja? If so 

1. at what price do you think it is worth for a 5-6 year investment?

2. if you are going to buy this stock at what price would you buy?
Rs.60.. :evil:

163Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:49 am

TraderCSE

ruwan326 wrote:
TraderCSE wrote:

Maharaja.

Who is this "Maharaja"? 

Thanks Ruwan,

I did every thing before building up current PF. But it is now at 50% lost. Can't see any recovery up to date. If this down trend continues I don't think I can survive any more as I'm on the huge margin.

But hope for the best.

Thanks lot for your advice.

ruwan326

ruwan326

TraderCSE wrote:
ruwan326 wrote:
TraderCSE wrote:

Maharaja.

Who is this "Maharaja"? 

Thanks Ruwan,

I did every thing before building up current PF. But it is now at 50% lost. Can't see any recovery up to date. If this down trend continues I don't think I can survive any more as I'm on the huge margin.

But hope for the best.

Thanks lot for your advice.
http://www.ft.lk/front-page/COMBank-goes-for-Rs--10-b-Basel-III-compliant-debentures/44-658815

165Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:34 am

Maharaja

Expert
Expert

Maharaja wrote:
Eugine Fernando wrote:
Maharaja wrote:
Maharaja wrote:I believe my technical analysis. 6077 will test. 

When everybody including asha phillips said 6200 support said I told No, it will break. 
Likewise 6077 will test for sure.

Maharaja
Though I don't like your comments, I salutes to your predictions. So tell us now what next. :drunken: :drunken:

Thankyou Mr.Fernando. Today ASI reached my support level. Tomorrow we can see how the 6077 support reacts.

What is next ?
I expect a technical bounce tomorrow. But only a short term bounce. Not a market turnaround. Market is in extreme BEAR market category. ASI direction is 100% downwards. 
SO there will only be short term trading opportunities when market moves sideways for 100-150 points. 

Can ASI break 6077 tomorrow ?
Yes, it can break if selling pressure applied. Bad news is still real selling did not begin. Japanese,Korean,Middle-east & European funds didn't even think to exit the counters. So I expect a technical bounce only due to oversold levels in S&P counters.

When to BUY ?

In this kind of extreme BEAR market I cannot recommend to buy. If we analyse the market, nothing is positive. Earlier company earning were good but now if you analyse financial reports, earnings keep dropping. Main sectors - Banking NPLs higher, Int.expenses higher. Construction sector - SME construction companies closing, No FDIs to start new projects. So in next couple of years company earnings will fall further with interest rates crossing sky high levels.

Politics and CSE ?

As I see, we all must follow a wait and see approach till 2020.
Till 2020 there will be no political change. This government will continue till 2020. 

Who will come to power in 2020 ?

The presidential candidate from Pohottu party will surely win the contest without doubts.

Will CSE rise in 2020 ?

I am doubtful. As soon as Pohottu party wins, the European trade bans will be put. Fish ban will come into effect. Human rights cases against SL will begin once again. So conditions will be worse for the country and CSE after election.
But political stability will be there in the country. New investments will begin to flow.
So there will be mixed effects which we will see. It is too early to predict about about these political effects.

When to enter this bear market ?

After presidential election in 2020 we have to see if the new Pohottu government will actually do a change to the economy. If they are able to bring proper growth to country then CSE will grow.
If they also eat the economy CSE will fall.
SIMPLE AS THAT.

Till then we have to follow a wait and see approach.

What is next support level ?

6000 is the psychological support level. Not a technical support level. 
If 6077 breaks, next is 6020-6023 area support. 
And after 6020-6023, it is down to 5800 support. This is really a strong support. I don't think market needs to test this level soon. May be this month end/ next month it is possible but not this week.

Happy trading,
Maharaja

Good to see a green market after a long time.
Sideway movement like this can swing between 6020 area and 6200 area. As Maharaja told 10% profit is possible.

Now I will give my next prediction.
Market will test ASI 5800. I am telling this while market is in upswing. 

Maharaja

166Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Maharaja vs Sumanadasa Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:55 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

Maharaja wrote:
Maharaja wrote:
Eugine Fernando wrote:
Maharaja wrote:
Maharaja wrote:I believe my technical analysis. 6077 will test. 

When everybody including asha phillips said 6200 support said I told No, it will break. 
Likewise 6077 will test for sure.

Maharaja
Though I don't like your comments, I salutes to your predictions. So tell us now what next. drunken drunken

Thankyou Mr.Fernando. Today ASI reached my support level. Tomorrow we can see how the 6077 support reacts.

What is next ?
I expect a technical bounce tomorrow. But only a short term bounce. Not a market turnaround. Market is in extreme BEAR market category. ASI direction is 100% downwards. 
SO there will only be short term trading opportunities when market moves sideways for 100-150 points. 

Can ASI break 6077 tomorrow ?
Yes, it can break if selling pressure applied. Bad news is still real selling did not begin. Japanese,Korean,Middle-east & European funds didn't even think to exit the counters. So I expect a technical bounce only due to oversold levels in S&P counters.

When to BUY ?

In this kind of extreme BEAR market I cannot recommend to buy. If we analyse the market, nothing is positive. Earlier company earning were good but now if you analyse financial reports, earnings keep dropping. Main sectors - Banking NPLs higher, Int.expenses higher. Construction sector - SME construction companies closing, No FDIs to start new projects. So in next couple of years company earnings will fall further with interest rates crossing sky high levels.

Politics and CSE ?

As I see, we all must follow a wait and see approach till 2020.
Till 2020 there will be no political change. This government will continue till 2020. 

Who will come to power in 2020 ?

The presidential candidate from Pohottu party will surely win the contest without doubts.

Will CSE rise in 2020 ?

I am doubtful. As soon as Pohottu party wins, the European trade bans will be put. Fish ban will come into effect. Human rights cases against SL will begin once again. So conditions will be worse for the country and CSE after election.
But political stability will be there in the country. New investments will begin to flow.
So there will be mixed effects which we will see. It is too early to predict about about these political effects.

When to enter this bear market ?

After presidential election in 2020 we have to see if the new Pohottu government will actually do a change to the economy. If they are able to bring proper growth to country then CSE will grow.
If they also eat the economy CSE will fall.
SIMPLE AS THAT.

Till then we have to follow a wait and see approach.

What is next support level ?

6000 is the psychological support level. Not a technical support level. 
If 6077 breaks, next is 6020-6023 area support. 
And after 6020-6023, it is down to 5800 support. This is really a strong support. I don't think market needs to test this level soon. May be this month end/ next month it is possible but not this week.

Happy trading,
Maharaja

Good to see a green market after a long time.
Sideway movement like this can swing between 6020 area and 6200 area. As Maharaja told 10% profit is possible.

Now I will give my next prediction.
Market will test ASI 5800. I am telling this while market is in upswing. 

Maharaja
Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 9kA

167Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Small Investor

Stock Trader

What is the definition for the term "Market Crash"?

As I have heard/learnt it's "a decline of 10% or over of the indices just in one day" ?Has this happened after this thread is opened. No.

It will never happen, unless, the current Macro/Micro economic/political variables change or turn negative so rapidly that it induces  such a catastrophe.   

What you all witness now a days is not a Market Crash but a normal decline of indices in response to Macro and Micro economic factors/variables of our country and the world at large.

My advise is that this should be taken as an opportunity to slowly collect value stocks in small quantities with cash(not on credit).

168Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Eugine Fernando

Even with the down trend market there are opportunities to earn some money, for a example if you all watch the announcement of PCHH you could have earned more than 100% profit with in a short period of time. I myself after reading their announcement yesterday Bought this share @ -/40, I think by next week I can easily make over 100%. so friends without looking only fundamentally strong shares, use your brain and go for this kind of shares and minimize your loses, I know mostly all forum members have lost their hard earn money with the present market situation. my advice is when ever you get chances to earn some money make use of that. GD

169Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Maharaja king of CSE or Sumanadasa junior Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326

Small Investor wrote:What is the definition for the term "Market Crash"?

As I have heard/learnt it's "a decline of 10% or over of the indices just in one day" ?Has this happened after this thread is opened. No.

It will never happen, unless, the current Macro/Micro economic/political variables change or turn negative so rapidly that it induces  such a catastrophe.   

What you all witness now a days is not a Market Crash but a normal decline of indices in response to Macro and Micro economic factors/variables of our country and the world at large.

My advise is that this should be taken as an opportunity to slowly collect value stocks in small quantities with cash(not on credit).
Good one Small investor, do your own analysis and invest, you will never loose cheers cheers cheers
Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 X8MCX0NSkRKHQAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

170Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 am

jayathu

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

what ever said and done we have to accept that maharaja prediction was somewhat right that market will come down 6077.

His prediction of JKH coming to 60 level is wrong, thats what i believe. It wont come below 100 level if they have 2-6 bad qtrs. They're aggressively in property business and building up capacity in other segment.Those business efficiently turnaround and show good bottom line growth. Right now with JKH, it's wait n see approach. If u have holding power accumulate now and keep some cash in reserve. If next two to three qtrs are not as expected there might be a chance of collecting at 120 level.

Right now market is going sideways. My prediction is invest half of your allocated funds in equity now and see next two qtrs. Enter again in 2019 after march to avg your price or consolidate your original position.

171Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty A country depend on predictions only Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:06 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

jayathu wrote:what ever said and done we have to accept that maharaja prediction was somewhat right that market will come down 6077.

His prediction of JKH coming to 60 level is wrong, thats what i believe. It wont come below 100 level if they have 2-6 bad qtrs. They're aggressively in property business and building up capacity in other segment.Those business efficiently turnaround and show good bottom line growth. Right now with JKH, it's wait n see approach. If u have holding power accumulate now and keep some cash in reserve. If next two to three qtrs are not as expected there might be a chance of collecting at 120 level.

Right now market is going sideways. My prediction is invest half of your allocated funds in equity now and see next two qtrs. Enter again in 2019 after march to avg your price or consolidate your original position.  
You decide, predictions or facts ??????????
Any one predict ASI will come down to 6044 ??????
No one could cause it is not controlled by maharaja or his father and if you can not understand this simple fact good luck for your future in CSE affraid affraid affraid affraid 

Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 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
https://www.investing.com/indices/cse-all-share

172Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am

jayathu

what i said was he predicted it'll come down to 6077 level and it'll support there. Which was right when you saw what happened last two weeks. If u go through this thread, everyone blasted him it wont come down to 6077 level.

173Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Helping criminals friends in CSE Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:38 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

jayathu wrote:what i said was he predicted it'll come down to 6077 level and it'll support there. Which was right when you saw what happened last two weeks. If u go through this thread, everyone blasted him it wont come down to 6077 level.

What he has done is put fuel in to fire..... Made a prediction and keep on saying market will fall....market will fall and market will fall..... begged poor retailers to sell their shares @ lower so maharaja's criminal friends who invest in SCE can collect them cheaply. Now the market is green and they are selling the same shares with profit to you lol!

174Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:39 am

jayathu

@ruwan326 i know that it's not controlled by maharaja. Thank you stating the obvious.

What controls the market is demand and supply. when economic front it's not going in the right direction, people tend to loose interest in equity. Investing in Equity is risky proposition when compared to other investment assets that are out there. When economic implementation is not happening properly, entire economy suffers. Right now everyone revised the GDP growth downward, even recently CB stated that. With the upcoming budget, everyone is eagerly waiting for the budget proposals. Finance minister needs to balance economy and political future with this budget. That's why all the big to medium scale investors are not that interested in the market.

http://www.economynext.com/Sri_Lanka_policy_instability_stability,_lack_of_qualified_labour_holding_FDI_back__survey-3-11202-1.html

175Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Now helping to collect JKH Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

Now he is predicting fake news about JKH will fall in 60/=
and helping his criminal friends to collect them @ cheap price.

I don't think I need to explain anymore about this maharaja and his predictions any more, cause even a 5year old can understated what kind of a person maharaja and what he do Mad Mad Mad Mad

176Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:51 am

jayathu

do you honestly beleive that people invest in shares on CSE looking at Maharaja comments???? His JKH prediction is wrong from my point of view.
I cant see that happening cause JKH fundamentally sound stock growing through some hard times these days.

His prediction on ASI movement was right but i believe his JKH prediction is wrong. That's all i'm saying. Please go through what i have mentioned earlier.

177Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty Re: Maharaja's Advice Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:59 am

DS Wijesinghe

Please let me intervene at this point for a clarification on JKH

Maharaja did not say JKH will come down to 60/-.

I asked him 2 questions

1. If I am (me) to buy JKH what is the price level he thinks is a good investment for 5-6 year period?
He replied saying in his opinion JKH is now a risky investment and does not recommend to buy in the next 1 1/2 years. He said to consider buying JKH only after another 1 1/2 years. 

2. If he (Maharaja) is to buy JKH what is the price he would Buy?
He replied saying, to him JKH is worth only 60/-.  He also said that he is not saying that JKH will come down to 60/- BUT his BID price for JKH would be 60/-

This is just to clarify, with regard to his remarks on JKH

178Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty predections vs reality Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing." - Phillip Fisher

179Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty JKH Miserable Future Till 2020 Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:30 pm

DS Wijesinghe

On 17th May 2017 Mark Levin predicted a miserable future for John Keels till 2020 in this forum. I am copying and pasting below his post.

A recent Analysis of John Keells done by an International Fund Management Company. Some say Khazanah Nasional Berhad Fund of Malaysia will start shedding the shares.

Sri Lanka's John Keells at a Decisive Moment and at a Miserable Future until 2020

In order to fund the Watefront Project (Cinnamon Life) JKH raised Rs.23.1 billion (approx US$ 178mn) in FY 2013/14 by way of a rights issue attached with two types of warrants. Subsequently by excising the warrants Rs.8 billion was raised in 2015 but however the 2016 warrant was heavily undersubscribed. Only Rs.3.2 billion was raised from it though it was supposed to raise Rs.8.6 billion. This was because investors were doubtful about the success of this project and how wisely JKH has used the cash from the rights issue.

Extraordinary gains and interest income from the recent rights issue have buoyed earnings during the last several years. In 2016, interest income of Rs.8,011mn amounted to the 42% of PBT and far exceeded the best performing leisure sector which posted pre-tax profit of only Rs2,311mn. Going forward, such large amounts of interest income may not recur as rights issue proceeds will get utilized in the Water Front Project in the next two years.  

"Waterfront Project” is now behind schedule and there has been a cost overrun in the piling stage of the project due to unanticipated barriers. Officially there has been an acceptance of an 18 month delay by Hyndai, Keangnam, & Nawaloka (HKN-Joint Venture) that would result in reduction in profitability of the project. 

During FY 2015/16 ROCE of all sectors of JKH have improved. However excluding the Food & Retail, Financial Services, and Transportation Sectors all other major sectors’ ROCE is below the 12 month Treasury Bill yield, with some sectors operating at less than half the TB rate.

JKH management sold down their stakes in Union Assurance, Access Engineering and Expo Lanka Holdings and recognized capital gains of Rs2.2 billion in 2014/15. Reasons for this move have not been satisfactorily explained. As JKH has sufficient cash, perhaps these sales demonstrate a pre-occupation with short-term earnings rather than a long-term strategic focus. However investments in hotels which JKH management are eyeing to dispose are rather difficult to be sold immediately.  Hence there won’t be any capital gains realized through sale of investments in the near future.   

Waterfront Project is the largest private sector investment to date in Sri Lanka with an estimated cost of approximately USD 800 Million. The company has entered in to USD 395 Million syndicated loan facility with Standard Charted Bank being the required debt financing for this project. The massive interest cost of this syndicated loan will be capitalized in to fixed assets under the accruals basis of accounting. However after completing the project the interest cost will get charged to the income statement as an expense which will significantly reduce profitability. The income generated from various buildings of the project will take many years to exceed the interest charge.

180Maharaja's Advice - Page 7 Empty JKH vs CSE Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:06 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

DS Wijesinghe wrote:On 17th May 2017 Mark Levin predicted a miserable future for John Keels till 2020 in this forum. I am copying and pasting below his post.

A recent Analysis of John Keells done by an International Fund Management Company. Some say Khazanah Nasional Berhad Fund of Malaysia will start shedding the shares.

Sri Lanka's John Keells at a Decisive Moment and at a Miserable Future until 2020

In order to fund the Watefront Project (Cinnamon Life) JKH raised Rs.23.1 billion (approx US$ 178mn) in FY 2013/14 by way of a rights issue attached with two types of warrants. Subsequently by excising the warrants Rs.8 billion was raised in 2015 but however the 2016 warrant was heavily undersubscribed. Only Rs.3.2 billion was raised from it though it was supposed to raise Rs.8.6 billion. This was because investors were doubtful about the success of this project and how wisely JKH has used the cash from the rights issue.

Extraordinary gains and interest income from the recent rights issue have buoyed earnings during the last several years. In 2016, interest income of Rs.8,011mn amounted to the 42% of PBT and far exceeded the best performing leisure sector which posted pre-tax profit of only Rs2,311mn. Going forward, such large amounts of interest income may not recur as rights issue proceeds will get utilized in the Water Front Project in the next two years.  

"Waterfront Project” is now behind schedule and there has been a cost overrun in the piling stage of the project due to unanticipated barriers. Officially there has been an acceptance of an 18 month delay by Hyndai, Keangnam, & Nawaloka (HKN-Joint Venture) that would result in reduction in profitability of the project. 

During FY 2015/16 ROCE of all sectors of JKH have improved. However excluding the Food & Retail, Financial Services, and Transportation Sectors all other major sectors’ ROCE is below the 12 month Treasury Bill yield, with some sectors operating at less than half the TB rate.

JKH management sold down their stakes in Union Assurance, Access Engineering and Expo Lanka Holdings and recognized capital gains of Rs2.2 billion in 2014/15. Reasons for this move have not been satisfactorily explained. As JKH has sufficient cash, perhaps these sales demonstrate a pre-occupation with short-term earnings rather than a long-term strategic focus. However investments in hotels which JKH management are eyeing to dispose are rather difficult to be sold immediately.  Hence there won’t be any capital gains realized through sale of investments in the near future.   

Waterfront Project is the largest private sector investment to date in Sri Lanka with an estimated cost of approximately USD 800 Million. The company has entered in to USD 395 Million syndicated loan facility with Standard Charted Bank being the required debt financing for this project. The massive interest cost of this syndicated loan will be capitalized in to fixed assets under the accruals basis of accounting. However after completing the project the interest cost will get charged to the income statement as an expense which will significantly reduce profitability. The income generated from various buildings of the project will take many years to exceed the interest charge.
There was a time JKH trading directly influence CSE. But recently with out JKH trading CSE can survive Very Happy
If we can focus and pick valuable counters we don't have to worry about JKH trading at all. Many blue chips lining up too  Basketball Basketball Basketball

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum