FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Yesterday at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

SAJITH PREMADASA

+3
Teller
D.G.Dayaratne
Business Basil
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SAJITH PREMADASA  Empty SAJITH PREMADASA Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:17 am

Business Basil

Manager - Equity Analytics

Mr. Premadasa was not a man who made friends easily. He did not have many friends. He rarely trusted people, because he had been let down so often. I think he started developing confidence in me because, on a matter of political principle, I went against my own brother for him. That trust in me lasted till the end. And I think I did not disappoint him. I did not bring disrepute on him or embarrass him. He knew that I was not out to get things from him, that I was not politically ambitious. That was how I became his chief supporter.

We were friends.

Mr. Premadasa though he did not trust people very easily, was extremely loyal to those he trusted. I remember an incident in the seventies. We went to Bandarawela for some political meetings. Tilak Ratnakara and Aloysius Mudalali were also with us. Usually at meetings Mr. Premadasa would be on the platform while the rest of us would be canvassing the crowd attending the meeting. On this occasion Tilak Ratnakara and Aloysius Mudalali were telling me about an experience they had with Mr. Premadasa only a short while ago. They had found out the wrong-doings of a mutual friend and they had warned Mr. Premadasa about this man. Mr. Premadasa had however defended him. These two were very unhappy about that. They felt that if Mr. Premadasa ignored their warnings and their advice when he was only a member of Parliament, he would do so even more once the UNP is in office and he is a senior Minister. Since I knew that the information they relayed to Mr. Premadasa was correct, I thought I should take up this matter with him later on. That night we were staying at the Ella Rest House. He and I used to share a room on these trips and before going to sleep we would spend some time just relaxing, talking about this and that. That night I told Mr. Premadasa about this incident. I still remember his reply: "Sirisena tell them (Tilak Ratnakara and Aloysius Mudalali) that even if someone complains to me about them, that is how I would respond. When a man is not there to defend himself, I will defend him. These are my friends. If some one criticises them in their absence, it is my duty to defend them". That was the man. He would never criticise you behind your back; whatever he has to say, however harsh the criticism was (and often it would be stinging) he would say it to your face. It was a good quality, though some people misused it for their own purposes.

http://www.island.lk/2001/04/29/politi01.html

2SAJITH PREMADASA  Empty Re: SAJITH PREMADASA Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:31 am

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

These days we would like to know qualities MS of MR and

I have some personal experience. Although i am not a close associate.

This not the time to tell it

Because people will not vote any one of them

3SAJITH PREMADASA  Empty sajith builds 21 homes per hour Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:20 pm

Teller

Teller

Minister sajith premadasa started to build 50,000 homes with in 100 days . Its just like 500 days per day. Sajith assures to complete the project with in 100 days of period.

4SAJITH PREMADASA  Empty Re: SAJITH PREMADASA Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Senior Citizen

Senior Citizen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:Minister sajith premadasa started to build 50,000 homes with in 100 days . Its just like 500 days per day. Sajith assures to complete the project with in 100 days of period.

Sujith and some politicians are in some way like Einstein.
Einsteins theory was the " Time is relevant".
So to Sujith, his 100 days means 100 sansara's.
So sajith is not wrong, the public are!
Why didn't they clarify what he means by 100 days? lol!

5SAJITH PREMADASA  Empty Re: SAJITH PREMADASA Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:44 pm

kash1989

Boy.sajith said.they give only 100,000 loan with low interest (3.5%) for biuld thier house.ha haa.this project is mean of 50,000 house biuld from new goverment.what a GON kata?

ChooBoy

"The Association of Information Technology Professionals said yesterday that it was deeply saddened when it saw UNP presidential candidate, Mr. Sajith Premadasa, trying to mislead the public by showing a dashboard which he referred to as ’’Artificially Intelligent Management Dashboard’’.

“We are very disappointed that he is trying to mislead the public by merely displaying a video without incorporating any such advanced technologies,” the Secretary of the Association Lasantha Wickramasinghe said.

He said, “Artificial intelligence is any device that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximise its chance of successfully achieving its goals. Examples include driving a vehicle without a driver, diagnosing a patient and suggesting the treatments by a robot.

Even what Mr. Premadasa showed us using a video is not artificial intelligence. Just showing data on a coloured dashboard is not artificial intelligence at all. At that time, he was looking for answers to the problem by discussing with an officer via a phone call. It is obvious that the intelligence of Mr. Premadasa and the officer on the other side is not artificial intelligence.

We still cannot believe that a person seeking the leadership of the country is committing such a degrading act to mislead his voters. We suggest that he should openly apologise to the public for his efforts to mislead the people by this fraudulent act".

7SAJITH PREMADASA  Empty Re: SAJITH PREMADASA Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:55 pm

ChooBoy

Reply from Mega mind organizers
The Megamind organizing team has replied the message from the secretary of the Association of Information Technology Professionals, Lasantha Wickramasinghe showing that he has completely misinterpreted the message from UNF candidate.
Objective of the presentation was to demonstrate the concept of scientific governance to the public. In scientific governance, following aspects are promoted,

o Collection and analysis of data related to important aspects of the government needing policy and implementation interventions
o Dashboards showing the row data and processed information for decision making
o Use of AI for predicting the consequences after implementing policy decisions 

Demonstration used at Megamind was to illustrate the above aspects in Consumer affairs, economic growth in tourism and wild life management. These dashboards were created using a very simple template available online.

Data related in above areas were displayed as a dashboard in our demonstration and candidate had few questions to the subject matter experts in each area. They helped the candidate to understand the data in the dashboard in respect to the decisions to be made. There no demonstration on driving a vehicle without a driver, diagnosing a patient and suggesting the treatments by a robot. This is completely incorrect reporting.

As a policy, future governments should use these concepts in management. This is a multi-year, sizable project, needing the support of many organizations and professionals. We appeal all IT professionals in the country to come together without any political alignment to create the technology driven management. 

Professionals carrying narrow political agenda have hampered the implementation of scientific management policy and technology driven management in the country so far. Need of the hour is to align with the policy and support implementation rather arguing and criticizing minor details.

God Father

[th]Hon.Sajith PremadasaMP[/th][th]Minister of Housing Construction and Cultural Affairs[/th][th]President[/th][th]Prime Minister[/th][th]Preceded by[/th][th]Minister for Housing and Construction.[/th][th]President[/th][th]Prime Minister[/th][th]Preceded by[/th][th]Succeeded by[/th][th]Minister of Housing and Samurdhi[/th][th]President[/th][th]Prime Minister[/th][th]Deputy Leader of the United National Party[/th][th]Preceded by[/th][th]Member of the Sri Lankan Parliamentfor Hambantota District[/th][th]Deputy Minister of Health[/th][th]President[/th][th]Prime Minister[/th][th]Personal details[/th][th]Born[/th][th]Political party[/th][th]Spouse(s)[/th][th]Parents[/th][th]Alma mater[/th][th]Website[/th]
[size=15][b][size=15][b]සජිත් ප්‍රේමදාස[/b][/size][/b][/size]
SAJITH PREMADASA  200px-Sajith_Premadasa
Incumbent
Assumed office 
20 December 2018
Maithripala Sirisena
Ranil Wickremesinghe
Wimal Weerawansa
In office
4 September 2015 – 26 October 2018
Maithripala Sirisena
Ranil Wickremesinghe
Himself
Wimal Weerawansa
In office
12 January 2015 – 17 August 2015
Maithripala Sirisena
Ranil Wickremesinghe
Incumbent
Assumed office 
In office
2011–2013
Karu Jayasuriya
Incumbent
Assumed office 
In office
2001–2004
Chandrika Kumaratunga
Ranil Wickremesinghe
12 January 1967 (age 52)
Colombo, Ceylon
United National Party
Jalani Premadasa
Ranasinghe Premadasa
Hema Premadasa
London School of Economics
University of Maryland
Mill Hill School
Official website
Sajith Premadasa, MP (Sinhala : සජිත් ප්‍රේමදාස, Tamil : சஜித் பிரேமதாச) (born 12 January 1967) is a Sri Lankan politician.
The Cabinet Minister for Housing, Construction and Cultural Affairs and Member of Parliament for the Hambantota District. He is the Presidential Candidate from United National Front for 2019 Presidential Election.
The Deputy Leader of the United National Party (UNP), he is a working committee member of the UNP and the former Cabinet Minister of Housing and Samurdhi Affairs; and Deputy Minister of Health. He is the only son of the former President of Sri Lanka, Ranasinghe Premadasa.[1]
[ltr]

Contents

[/ltr]

• 1Early life and education
  • 2Early political career
  • 3Parliament

• 3.1Deputy Minister of Health
    • 3.2General Election 2010
    • 3.3Deputy Leader of the UNP
    • 3.4Minister of Housing and Samurdhi

• 42019 Sri Lankan Presidential Election
  • 5See also
  • 6References
  • 7External links

Sajith Premadasa was born on 12 January 1967 in Colombo, to Ranasinghe Premadasa, who was at the time Minister of Broadcasting and a Member of Parliament from the Colombo District and his wife Hema Premadasa. He had one sister, Dulanjali Premadasa. His father elected as the President of Sri Lanka in 1989, having served as Prime Minister from 1977.
Premadasa attended S. Thomas' Preparatory School, Royal College Colombo and Mill Hill School, thereafter entered London School of Economics of the University of London graduating with a BSc in Economics, Politics and International Relations.[2][3][4]Thereafter, he attended University of Maryland to pursue a Master’s degree in Public Management, near Washington DC. During this time he interned in the Foreign Relations Committee under Senator Larry Pressler, a Republican from South Dakota. Sajith met many other influential senators, including John McCain and former presidential candidate John Kerry. [5]

Premadasa entered Sri Lankan politics after the assassination of his father in 1993. Having joined his father's party the United National Party, he was appointed district organizer of the UNP for Hambantota District in 1994, where He launched several projects for poverty alleviation and housing development. He initiated the youth movement Tharuna Saviya; the People Development Foundation Jana Suwaya for poverty alleviation in Hambantota; and the Sasunata Aruna to aid Buddhist temples and sunday schools in line with the 2600 Sambuddhathwa Jayanthi celebrations.

It was from the Hambantota district he contested the 2000 general election and entered parliament gaining 83 percent of the UNP preferential votes. He won 82 percent of the preferential votes in the 2001 general election and 84 percent in the 2004 general election and 89 percent in 2010 general election 86% in 2015 general election.

He was appointed as the Deputy Minister of Health under the premiership of Ranil Wickramasinghe in 2001 and remained till 2004 when the Wickramasinghe government was dissolved by President Chandrika Kumaratunga.

For the fourth general election in a row, Sajith Premadasa won the highest percentage of preferential votes out of all United National Party candidates, which was just under 90 percent of United National Party votes in the Hambantota Electoral District.

Premadasa was elected as the deputy leader of the United National Party in 2011 and then removed from the position in 2013. However he was reappointed on 24 September 2014.[6]

Following the 2015 Presidential Election, Premadasa was appointed Minister of Housing and Samurdhi in the new cabinet formed in January 2015 by President Maithripala Sirisena. As housing minister, he initiated several national housing projects for lower and middle income families. These include Gamudawa, Jalthara Green Valley residencies, Homagama Mount Clifford. As samurdhi minister, he increase the samurdhi payment by two fold. With the addition of construction to his port folio, he initiated the Shelter For All 2025 objective and provided over 65,000 houses to low income families and initiated 2500 villages.

United National Party didn't field a presidential candidate in both 2010 and 2015 elections and supported a common candidate. Even though they won the 2015 election and elected Maithripala Sirisena from their support, relations between the president and the UNP was shaky from the beginning. Power struggle between the president and UNP prime minister Ranil Wickremesinghe led to the 2018 Sri Lankan constitutional crisis. In the aftermath of the events, most of the UNP members publicly expressed their regret supporting a common candidate in 2015 and promised to field their own presidential candidate in 2019 elections.
Party leader Ranil Wickremesinghe was the obvious choice for the candidacy and he reportedly expressed his intentions to run for the presidency in a meeting with other senior members. Meanwhile several rebel MPs including Mangala Samaraweera, Harin Fernando, Ajith Perera, Harsha de Silva, Sujeewa Senasinghe wanted deputy leader Sajith Premadasa as the candidate and organized a rally in badulla where Sajith himself openly expressed his intentions to be the UNP candidate[7]
With the growing support for the deputy leader Sajith Premadasa and party leader Ranil Wickremesinghe refusing to make a move, Speaker of the parliament Karu Jayasuriyareleased a statement signalling his intention to run for presidency to end the confusion and avoid a rift within the party[8] However the Sajith faction gained strong support from the fellow party members through another two successful rallies in Matara[9], Kurunegala[10] Matugama[11]
On 26 September 2019, Working committee of United National Party unanimously decided Sajith Premadasa as their selective to contest the Presidential election as the candidate of New Democratic Front (NDF) under the Swan symbol. For third consecutive time UNP is not contesting under their own elephant symbol. Announcing the official statement, general Secretary of the UNP Akila Viraj Kariyawasam told that Ranil Wickremesinghe will continue to function as the Prime Minister and the Leader of the UNP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum