FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» සොෆ්ට්ලොජික් හෝල්ඩිංග්ස් පීඑල්සී: අඳුරු අපේක්ෂාවන් සහිත ඉහළ අවදානම් ආයෝජනයක්
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:45 am

» සොෆ්ට්ලොජික් ප්‍රාග්ධනයට වන්දි ගෙවන Share BuyBack නිසා Softlogic ජීවිත රක්‍ෂණය බංකොලොත් වීමේ අවදානමක
by MalakaDesmond Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:49 am

» Softlogic Life insurance face Danger of Bankruptcy due to Share BuyBack that compensate Softlogic Capital
by MalakaDesmond Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:33 am

» Softlogic Holdings PLC: A High-Risk Investment with Bleak Prospects
by MalakaDesmond Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:52 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by SL-INVESTOR Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:48 am

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:21 pm

» How will proposed Tax Reforms affect Sri Lankans in 2025
by Quibit Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:27 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by ChooBoy Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:31 pm

» Impact of IMF reforms to Sri Lanka Economy
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:36 pm

» Richard Pieris Finance Ltd continue to endanger the Depositors with negative performance
by ddindika Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:17 pm

» Richard Pieris Group: Mismanaged?
by Biggy Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:02 am

» Richard Pieris Exports reports 97% decline in Net Profits
by Biggy Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:26 am

» Do your own Stock Market Research using AI Tools
by Quibit Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:50 am

» What will happen tomorrow?
by cheetah Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:07 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by ErangaDS Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:15 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:17 pm

» Financial Woes at Richard Pieris Group
by DeepFreakingValue Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:29 pm

» Report a Tax Evasion and Get Rewarded upto 15%
by God Father Fri May 31, 2024 11:51 am

» LankaGPT Platform Launched in Sri Lanka
by God Father Wed May 29, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Popularity Is Surging With Travelers. Here’s Where To Go
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:10 pm

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Wed May 29, 2024 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

What will happen tomorrow?

+33
K.R
D.G.Dayaratne
Swissinvest
CHRONICLE™
pcsisira
Mr. X
xhunter
Wickyz
madukp
shihan 93
Intrinsic
Love Boy
Kaish86
jaya
Yahapalanaya
kasun_gimhana
Kipling
dayandacool
Equity Suda
Bargain
sheildskye
reyaz
Thushara Ayya
samaritan
Nicerider1978
Miss-Sangeetha
Teller
ResearchMan
EquityChamp
Rare
wallstreetguy
chathura123
celtic tiger
37 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1What will happen tomorrow? Empty What will happen tomorrow? Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:42 am

celtic tiger

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

At the moment foreign selling and local buying-may be EPF, can epf absorb all the foreign selling presser? If answer is YES ,market will be green,if not bottom will be deeper. what do you think ?

2What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:26 am

chathura123

Manager - Equity Analytics

Other problem is when EPF buys ,Efficiency of companies will be reduced due to government involvement .

3What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:27 am

wallstreetguy

All the time in CSE there is blood on the streets and EPF entered last year buying up whatever they can.

As I remembered, the EPF investments have a quota and cannot exceed that. Since now it is being heavily monitored by COPE and other members.

Can some clarify on the quota? Maximum 10% of the fund. or less.

4What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Country,economy and market will run. World and country Cycle will run. 

5What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:03 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

Good topic for a discussion. Right now market is having a short terms correction from its absurd downfall with Covid 19. Most of the stocks have gained fair degree of % from the very low lows. However currently I see some stocks having strong technical rallies. To name few,

a) AEL - currently trading @ 17.60
b) TKYO - currently trading @  31
c) MGT - Currently trading @ 11.20

All of these have strong upside during the weeks to come technically. Of course some have speculative reasons too.

6What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:24 pm

ResearchMan

ResearchMan

Sorry not for me. Follow wall street appt for fair value.
In value investment, one of the most important and difficult aspects of stock selection is determining whether you have found a real value investment or a value trap. Characteristics of a real value investment would be consistent or growing cash flow for shareholders, a business plan for products that have competitive advantages, and quality straightforward financial statements. Value and growth traps are not value and growth stocks.

7What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:57 pm

celtic tiger

EquityChamp wrote:Good topic for a discussion. Right now market is having a short terms correction from its absurd downfall with Covid 19. Most of the stocks have gained fair degree of % from the very low lows. However currently I see some stocks having strong technical rallies. To name few,

a) AEL - currently trading @ 17.60
b) TKYO - currently trading @  31
c) MGT - Currently trading @ 11.20

All of these have strong upside during the weeks to come technically. Of course some have speculative reasons too.

next thing we need to know is the historical technical barriers  for each of these shares. 
ex- AEL 1 barrier at 18 and next at 22

8What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:13 pm

ResearchMan

ResearchMan

Problems for highly leveraged companies in the credit markets have contributed to severe losses in equity markets. The coronavirus pandemic has exposed long-ignored market vulnerability: high levels of corporate debt. Companies with high debt are paying the price.

9What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:59 pm

celtic tiger

It s look like foreign  selling pressure wining .

10What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:40 pm

celtic tiger

when big players want to dump they manipulate the market No .when they done we see the real colour   Embarassed

11What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:13 pm

Teller

Teller

I tried to tell this last 10 years, but few people understood me

12What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:11 pm

Miss-Sangeetha

Miss-Sangeetha

Teller wrote:I tried to tell this last 10 years, but few people understood me
You join the forum in 2013 only 7 years with forum. How you tried to tell this for last 10 years?

May be your manipulation with your broker boss

13What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:26 pm

Teller

Teller

A good question , i worked for another forum earlier. Dont assume the Rome was built with in a day. It took long time. I gathered my experience through a long journey.

14What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:39 pm

celtic tiger

Teller wrote:I tried to tell this last 10 years, but few people understood me
some one's lost is another's gain and that is the game we are in. most of the time BIG and POWER wins.That is the rule of in THE......

15What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:35 pm

Nicerider1978

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

What impact can be expected from this move?

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/200705/business-times/government-mulls-single-shareholder-limit-increase-in-banks-408136.html

16What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:22 pm

samaritan

Any news that changed the negative market trend today???

17What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:55 pm

Thushara Ayya

Thushara Ayya

I think JKH huge selling is over now.... 112/= level is good level

18What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm

celtic tiger

Low interest rates will attract more investors to equity and property but weakening rupee and weak 2nd quarterly reports will keep CSE in volatile territory.

19What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:29 pm

reyaz

reyaz

Why is ASPI down? Why JKH down?

20What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:36 pm

sheildskye

sheildskye

reyaz wrote:Why is ASPI down? Why JKH down?

You have been here since 2011, you tell us manager sir!

21What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 pm

sheildskye

sheildskye

celtic tiger wrote:At the moment foreign selling and local buying-may be EPF, can epf absorb all the foreign selling presser? If answer is YES ,market will be green,if not bottom will be deeper. what do you think ?
Honestly, I dont know if they can take that pressure. We have to see employment data-- particularly number of retirees against new recruits to see fund strength. We cannot build walls without bricks. We need data-- particularly market responses to similar incidents in the past. This is not rocket science. -Robert Downey Jr. sans Gotabaya Rajapakse  Very Happy

22What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:44 pm

Bargain

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

You know Why bargain good; Jkh not good?

23What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:15 am

sheildskye

sheildskye

Foreign banks are pulling the plug on their hedge fund managers because they happen to own Insurance companies who have to pay staggering figures as claims. As a result, foreign selling was triggured and now the market indices are falling. making sense of everything.... anyone else?

24What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:20 am

reyaz

reyaz

sheildskye wrote:
reyaz wrote:Why is ASPI down? Why JKH down?

You have been here since 2011, you tell us manager sir!
Times have changed dear, I was trading since 1992. I just need additional input, that is all.
Do you work for a broker? if you don't mind me asking

25What will happen tomorrow? Empty Re: What will happen tomorrow? Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:37 am

sheildskye

sheildskye

I work for a foundation of a reputed politician, who is not among us anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum