FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LVL Energy Fund worth to look into counter cheapest share under utilities sector
by Dasun Maduwantha Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» AI Answer to my Question on Present Stock Market
by Rare Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Post-election winners.
by Rare Yesterday at 7:00 am

» LTL Holdings Limited IPO: Devil in Disguise
by Rare Yesterday at 5:35 am

» PickMe: Serious Legal Snags ahead of IPO Opening!
by Quibit Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:18 pm

» Stock Market Collapse: Madness or Adjustment?
by Rare Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:47 am

» Impact of Elections on Colombo Stock Market Sentiment
by Rare Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:17 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Where are we heading?
by Rare Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:53 pm

» HNB Bank emerged as the Best Overall Bank for 1H 2024
by Quibit Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:38 pm

» John Keells Holdings PLC share is worth LKR 17/= after Rights Issue and Sub-Division of shares
by Quibit Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:18 pm

» Will we see a post-election rally?
by Rare Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:32 pm

» Commercial Bank PLC: Impact of Bangladesh Crisis
by Quibit Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:27 pm

» ජෝන් කීල්ස් හෝල්ඩින්ස් (JKH) කොටසක මිල රු 17/= බැසීමට නියමිතයි!
by ChooBoy Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:20 am

» Ceylon Cold Stores PLC Net Profit Increased by 265%, in 1Q 2024,
by DeepFreakingValue Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:47 pm

» ඉදිරි ජනාධිපතිවරණයේදී රනිල් වික්‍රමසිංහ පරාජය කරන්නේ කෙසේද? කෘතිම බුද්ධිය (AI) ප්‍රතිචාරය:
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:26 am

» Why Investors should stay away from Maharaja Foods PLC
by DeepFreakingValue Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:36 am

» Wire & Cable Sector Analysis
by God Father Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:44 pm

» Banking Sector Analysis
by Value Pick Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:24 pm

» Japanese Gratitude to Sri Lanka (日本の感謝)
by God Father Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:13 am

» Maharaja Foods PLC (MFL) - IPO Analysis
by ChooBoy Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:27 am

» කොළඹ කොටස් වෙළඳපොල විශ්ලේෂණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:53 am

» Winds of Change: Sri Lanka's Banking Crisis is Stalling Renewable Energy Ambitions of Local Stalwarts of Wind & Solar Power
by God Father Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:11 pm

» LankaBIZ Unveils AI-Driven On-Demand Financial Research and Analysis Service
by Quibit Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:49 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Too many IPOs/ introductions to be stopped

+8
ISURU
Aamiable
rajithasamaranayake
Hiru
investor1984
lbnnirmal
thambi
dineshfernando
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dineshfernando

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Friends, as each and everyone of us know that one of the main reasons for this slow death of our market is due to the fact that too many IPOs and introductions had happened without any break within the last few months.

Everyday, I have been losing around Rs. 100,000/= and it seems that there is no end to this. I am planning to exit the market and come back when all these shit IPOs and introductions are over.

Also thought that it is better to inform the relevant authorities of this massacre and to protect the innocent new comers. I have sent an e-mail to Mr. Malik Cader explaining our plight.

His e-mail ID is: malik@sec.gov.lk

Please send your concerns to Mr. Malik and protect our hard earned money.

thambi

thambi
Manager - Equity Analytics

Im planning on exiting the market soon aswell however i view this as oppurtunity rather than a threat i will watch the share prices of certain
companies i have identified as good buys and wait till their price fall to rock bottom and buy them therefore in a way these IPO's bring down
share prices can be used to our benefits aswell ... also if you dont want to exit the market invest in the IPO's in the meantime they seem to
be doin pretty good Idea

lbnnirmal

lbnnirmal

It's really true that these continues IPO's will lead to death of the share market. When new IPO's comes investors try to take shares from those IPO's by selling the shares which they already have (Most of time lesser than the current market price) on their hand. But because of the lot of IPO's investors money get stuck. This is well known secret so government should have consider about this facts also .... other wise lot of peoples will leave the market

investor1984

investor1984

dineshfernando wrote:Friends, as each and everyone of us know that one of the main reasons for this slow death of our market is due to the fact that too many IPOs and introductions had happened without any break within the last few months.

Everyday, I have been losing around Rs. 100,000/= and it seems that there is no end to this. I am planning to exit the market and come back when all these shit IPOs and introductions are over.

Also thought that it is better to inform the relevant authorities of this massacre and to protect the innocent new comers. I have sent an e-mail to Mr. Malik Cader explaining our plight.

Well, i see this in a different angle , I personally believe that IPO's & Introductions are good for the development of the market.. It gives us more freedom on choice.. We can select good companies to invest rather than selecting least worse companies from fewer listed in the market before..

By the way we cant blame IPO's for this downward trend as those companies didnt force any of us to invest on them, they just invited us, so the investment on those were pure investor's decision.

Other thing is we don't have to worry about these nonsense if are investing in financially sound , fundamentally strong shares, bcoz nothing can stop good company being prosper.. Not even the Manipulator... or the Credit Clarence ... or IPOs ... So its up to us to invest in good companies and to wait for few months... We are here to invest... we are not here to earn over night profit.. So no need to panic i guess... THIS IS MY PERSONAL VIEW Very Happy

thambi

thambi

of course no one is blaming the companies that wish to IPO that is their wish and they are not forcing people to buy shares in them however the blame for this IPO promblem should be put on the retailers who have this misconception that IPO's will always increase from its initial value and can make profits within few days

Hiru

In theory, IPOs are priced 10%-20% discount so that they be attractive to investors. Practically this is different as there are no hard and fast rules to monitor the price, may be I am not aware if there is any. So, some companies try to promote by unethical propaganda and rumors even after over-pricing .

I hope, this is why our kind of forums are needed to share knowledge and experience to value shares fairly.

Evaluate any IPO in the same way as the already listed company and invest only if you can confidently justify your reasons. Then there may not be any blames to third parties even though they are responsible in fact.

rajithasamaranayake

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

More than the IPOs it is those who buy through private placements or sell downs at much below IPO price who take the retail investors for a ride and make huge profits that drive the overall market down. Those people make hefty gains even if they sell below IPO price

On top of that we have to remember once the bull run is over the bear sets in. Definitely the bull run is over at CSE now. USUALLY a bull run happens once in 3-4 years in any market. CSE had the bull running for almost 2 years. I exited about 2 months ago and will return once there is evidence of fair play, better regulation to safeguard genuine investors like dineshfernando and me

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Force selling is over and major IPO s are over some major IPOs... Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation and Air Lanka catering IPO cancelled or delayed.............institutional buying started .... I thought of entering CSE on a medium term basis most of the large cap stocks at attractive levels. That is true, short term guess work can be risky. Medium term…. ideal time to enter.

Smile Very Happy Smile

ISURU

ISURU

dineshfernando wrote:Friends, as each and everyone of us know that one of the main reasons for this slow death of our market is due to the fact that too many IPOs and introductions had happened without any break within the last few months.

mechchara dhavas hitapu eke oya tikath inna. Smile

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Unfortunately, many good shares are going down without buyers while over prices IPOs are marketed without any problem.

duke

Why do you pay twice for something worth half the price? That's why share prices are going down slowly. Don't blame the SEC. Thanks to SEC we don't see market going down 10% a day. Thank them for protecting your hard earned dumb money.

tubal

Each and everyone? Speak for yourself and other shoe shine boys. The slow death of the market is actually caused by the shoe shine boys and most definitely not by the IPO. The IPOs are the poison that the shoe shine boys have chosen to inject into the market but shoe shiners are the murderers.

Also note down in your diary what duke has said in the post above mine.

rajithasamaranayake

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Next in line is SOFTLOGIC. The real effects of all the IPO debacles will be seen within the next 6 months. Again the indications are that ASI will come down further during that period

kumudu

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I have also lost over million rupees due to lack of participation of investors due to so many IPOs and ever decreasing demand for the shares. every one is using the same money and circulate in the IPOs. I dont think they bring new cash from somewhere else to invest in IPOs. so the value of strong shares going down. IPOs are enough now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum