FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Post-election winners.
by Biggy Yesterday at 10:04 am

» Colombo Stock Market: Where are we heading?
by Biggy Yesterday at 10:01 am

» Below Rs 10 shares analysis ..GEMS inside
by sakuni Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:52 pm

» Asian stocks drift higher amid rate cut speculation; Japan lags
by Rare Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:17 am

» Bullish about a sustainable turnaround - CSE Chairman
by Rare Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:36 am

» Impact of Elections on Colombo Stock Market Sentiment
by Rare Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:20 pm

» Stocks on the Radar at CSE
by Rare Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:38 pm

» LVL Energy Fund worth to look into counter cheapest share under utilities sector
by rajithasahan Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:04 pm

» Bangladesh Stock market rose after the interim government took a raft of measures for the stock market.
by Rare Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:37 am

» Commercial Bank PLC: Impact of Bangladesh Crisis
by God Father Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:39 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: 2024 Prediction
by ChooBoy Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:13 pm

» ශ්‍රී ලංකාව: කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ විශ්ලේෂණය - 2024 සැප්තැම්බර්
by ChooBoy Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:10 pm

» LTL Holdings Limited IPO: Devil in Disguise
by Quibit Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:26 pm

» PickMe: Serious Legal Snags ahead of IPO Opening!
by agentnrox Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:43 am

» AI Answer to my Question on Present Stock Market
by Rare Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:12 am

» Stock Market Collapse: Madness or Adjustment?
by Rare Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:47 am

» HNB Bank emerged as the Best Overall Bank for 1H 2024
by Quibit Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:38 pm

» John Keells Holdings PLC share is worth LKR 17/= after Rights Issue and Sub-Division of shares
by Quibit Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:18 pm

» Will we see a post-election rally?
by Rare Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:32 pm

» ජෝන් කීල්ස් හෝල්ඩින්ස් (JKH) කොටසක මිල රු 17/= බැසීමට නියමිතයි!
by ChooBoy Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:20 am

» Ceylon Cold Stores PLC Net Profit Increased by 265%, in 1Q 2024,
by DeepFreakingValue Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:47 pm

» ඉදිරි ජනාධිපතිවරණයේදී රනිල් වික්‍රමසිංහ පරාජය කරන්නේ කෙසේද? කෘතිම බුද්ධිය (AI) ප්‍රතිචාරය:
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:26 am

» Why Investors should stay away from Maharaja Foods PLC
by DeepFreakingValue Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:36 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

PALM OIL prices.

+7
essares
wis
Rajitha
tubal
fair investor
KDS
venuja
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PALM OIL prices. Empty PALM OIL prices. Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:19 pm

venuja

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

World palm oil prices seems skyrocketing due to the strong demand from china. It was very clearly reflected from the share price hike of most of Oil palm companies on last Friday such as BUKI,GOOD,SHALIMAR etc.... including carsons.

But friends just check the sri lankan context. ELPL,NAMU,& AGAL are having large Oil palm cultivations under their belt. Plus they have the largest Palm oil extraction company in sri lanka "the AEN palm oil extraction company" Just check with their reports.

Thanks.

2PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:58 pm

KDS

KDS
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Increase in commodity prices is more attributed to weakening dollar due to excessive printing to stimulate demand in USA, while the nature disasters and weather patterns help in reducing the supply rather than the actual increase in demand for commodities.

Anyhow the rubber and palm would outperform Tea in the current context.

3PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:22 pm

fair investor

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=palm-oil&months=12

+ But don't know the fairness of Carson group share prices

4PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:01 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

fair investor wrote:http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=palm-oil&months=12

According to that chart, Palm oil prices appreciated by about 90% since January last year. BUKI prices have appreciated by about 250% during that time. Does that make sense?

5PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

ALL these Palm oil shares are going to make a loss compared to the last quarter for the December quarter(from palm oil). You heard it hear first. what you see is just getting the prices up for some bigs guns before the reports come out!
I' m 80% sure about this and saying after analyzing the stock trading price + quarterly reports of companies with palm oil. Although the market price for palm oil was high in the last quarter that was mainly because of the low production output.( specially where these oil palm companies operate). If you need proof go compare NAMU oil palm results for the last quarter and the one before!!

6PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:40 pm

tubal

Rajitha wrote: ALL these Palm oil shares are going to make a loss compared to the last quarter from Palm oil for the December quarter. You heard it hear first. This is just getting the prices up for some bigs guns before the reports come out!
I' m 80% sure about this and saying after analyzing the stock trading price + quarterly reports of companies with palm oil. Although the market price for last quarter was high that was mainly because of the low production output.( specially where these oil palm companies operate). If you need proof go compare NAMU oil palm results for the last quarter and the one before!!

Sorry Rajitha, I am fresh out of votes (some people had made posts about PCH Twisted Evil )

7PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:05 pm

fair investor

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

tubal wrote:
fair investor wrote:http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=palm-oil&months=12

According to that chart, Palm oil prices appreciated by about 90% since January last year. BUKI prices have appreciated by about 250% during that time. Does that make sense?

Share price can have higher appreciation rate than the Palm oil price appreciation rate. Revenue will be increase by the palm oil price appreciation but cost of sale won't increased as revenue growth rate. It can have a more than 90% effect to the profit.
The worry for me is the PE needs to be this much high for a companies which are highly explored to PALM OIL

8PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:30 pm

wis

Manager - Equity Analytics

I was wondering why does CSE have a palm group instead of they going into plantations.

9PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 pm

fair investor

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Seems like Rajitha is correct

Malaysia Production
Month 2009 2010
OCT 1,984,036 1,636,560
NOV 1,595,592 1,459,030
DEC 1,520,063 1,232,607

10PALM OIL prices. Empty PALM OIL PRICES Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:22 pm

essares

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot_article.asp?ticker=BUKI:SL

11PALM OIL prices. Empty Book marked it Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:16 am

come on

Stock Trader

C.SEN this is for your INFO.........................

12PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 am

hotstock

i think GOOD, INDO, SHAL prices are overvalued at this levels..one or two might end up in a price band..

13PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

CARS + BUKI results out! As I predicted huge drop in earnings! I didn't even got a bloody single + for it Shocked

14PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:05 pm

tubal

Rajitha wrote:CARS + BUKI results out! As I predicted huge drop in earnings! I didn't even got a bloody single + for it Shocked

Sorry Rajitha, I was fresh out of votes at the time. And I am still out of votes. Please remind me later :-)

15PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

if already shared by some body please ignore this - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-11/palm-oil-fluctuates-as-rally-to-three-year-high-may-hurt-demand.html

16PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:11 pm

mono

mono

Rajitha wrote:CARS + BUKI results out! As I predicted huge drop in earnings! I didn't even got a bloody single + for it Shocked

But Buki's oil palm made them a killing. 1.78 Bn in net profits as opposed to .91bn dec 2009 & 1.25 sep 2010. The real problem is thier investment wing which made a loss. But if you look at BUKI it's impossible for them to produce a decent EPS given that 75% of their profits go to minority share holders. the actual profits for the quarter are 2.099bn but only .5bn go to equity holders. the same goes for CARS

17PALM OIL prices. Empty Re: PALM OIL prices. Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:28 pm

mono

mono

Gaja wrote:if already shared by some body please ignore this - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-11/palm-oil-fluctuates-as-rally-to-three-year-high-may-hurt-demand.html

Hmm....

so according to this it seems prices are going to level off soon

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum