FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Vote_lcap68%UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000)

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000)

+75
wallstreetguy
engineer
kalu351
KavinduTM
Beta1
wisdom79
krishna
niru
aklt
Lucky Gamage
Soilconomy
crnsuranjith
DANIDU
A+
Shiva911
Mega man
reader
Joe007
Teller
Yahapalanaya
makoo
W M C Elmo Fernando
EquityChamp
worthiness
MarketWch
gamaya
StocksWatch
silentsahan
Mahesh@CSE
upendra
Vinu
thilankad
aga.sanjeewa
abra12
own
Soundchips
Fresher
Phoenix
DineshL
Monster
Slstock
BenZ
Quibit
Meta Trader
micky
Niggard
$$$
laxman917576
Aamiable
rahula
kiri
stoka
equity+
swan03
wis
dinusl
Blaster
DeAmO
tubal
cse.alpha
chamith
damee
ShareShares
TMK
milanka
econ
moon
sasl
smallville
limestone
karu
mark
Gaja
Academic
tkc
79 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

76UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am

BenZ


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Im pretty much sure that, we'll get odd this time No
I only applied for 100 shares Very Happy

77UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:42 am

ShareShares


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@mark wrote:
@Gaja wrote:http://vanguard1.vanguardlk.com/mmg/lbr_video.php?vt=LBR&vid=1540

i think we can expect at least share to be rise to 35-40 levels,if not i wont sell......i'm not expecting a scenario such as happened to LGL,it almost came below the issue price and shoot thereafter........i may be wrong.....

Private placements made at much higher levels make this a special IPO. That was the reason for such an overwhelming interest. This might start with a relatively high level.

78UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 pm

smallville


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

I believe u'd atleast get 500.. if this doesn't over subscribe by 200 times ;-)

79UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Slstock


Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

@smallville wrote:I believe u'd atleast get 500.. if this doesn't over subscribe by 200 times ;-)

Oversusbcribed by 225 times
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/3421298624428_.pdf

80UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Monster


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@slstock wrote:
@smallville wrote:I believe u'd atleast get 500.. if this doesn't over subscribe by 200 times ;-)

Oversusbcribed by 225 times
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/3421298624428_.pdf
Shocked Shocked Shocked

81UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:39 pm

tkc

tkc
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

absolutely Shocked

82UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:46 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

OMG.. now what..
Thought at least get 500... However they'd still consider de smallest investor I believe
We should not sell low on the first trading day.. I'm sure Lotta big fellas eying on this and put large buy orders in the middle.. so be wise guys.. This should hit more than SFIN even..

83UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Union Bank Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 pm

DineshL


Stock Trader

Union Bank over Subscribed for more than 300 times.
Issues of 15,000,000 shares @ Rs.25 - Rs.375,000,000
Received Apllication for 3.37 BN shares - total of Rs.84.3 BN for now.

84UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty IPO Fever Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:53 pm

kiri

kiri
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

IPO Fever
Sri Lanka bank IPO creates record
Feb 25, 2011 (LBO) - An initial public offer for 375 million rupees of stock in Sri Lanka's Union Bank has drawn record subscriptions of 84 billion rupees or 225 times making it the largest oversubscription ever in the island.
The registrars said 30,100 applications had been received for the issue which closed on Thursday, and from the applications processed so far 3.375 billion shares had been applied for.
The bank only offered 15 million shares to the public.
The previous high was with Singer Finance, a small finance company which attracted subscriptions for 135 times the offer, advisors NDB Investment Bank said.

LBO

85UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Blaster


Stock Trader

@smallville wrote:OMG.. now what..
Thought at least get 500... However they'd still consider de smallest investor I believe
We should not sell low on the first trading day.. I'm sure Lotta big fellas eying on this and put large buy orders in the middle.. so be wise guys.. This should hit more than SFIN even..

Yes... Very true.... I'll agree with you....

86UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:37 pm

tubal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Blaster wrote:
@smallville wrote:OMG.. now what..
Thought at least get 500... However they'd still consider de smallest investor I believe
We should not sell low on the first trading day.. I'm sure Lotta big fellas eying on this and put large buy orders in the middle.. so be wise guys.. This should hit more than SFIN even..

Yes... Very true.... I'll agree with you....

But why?
I never understand why people by IPO shares on the secondary market at 50%, 100% or as in the case of SFIN 200% premium.

SFIN , UB, ODEL they may have been good companies. But no company has ever in the history of the CSE offered their shares in an IPO at a discount. Most of the time the shares are simply over valued to begin with. Sometimes they are fair valued. Never ever will an IPO be under valued.

Now I am not saying that the union bank will not go up in a huge way on debut. It probably will. I am just saying there is absolutely no reason to buy at 60 , 50 , 40 or maybe even 30 when so many companies have produced good earnings last quarter and are now trading at reasonable prices.

87UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Tubal, ur point is really valid.. we know that ppl are greedy.. as in greater fool theory, there's some1 to buy above u ;-) Ppl buy when its going up hoping it will go up more.. wellllll it will but for how much is the 1st question..and how much u can earn from it will be the 2nd question..

what I was saying, we shud not sell low with a 10-20% profit as larger players will try blocking the way in the middle with large orders (we've learnt a good lesson with LGL), so share price will fall.. then the same guys will collect more and push it up and take retailers for a ride enjoying a good cut.. sometimes this can take abt 2-3 weeks but u know anything is possible..

Thought this is a record breaking over sub.. we exactly cannot say we see the SFIN effect from this..
IPO price is 25/- the gain selling at 30 wud be less if we can wait a little for this to pass 35 atlesat its a good gain.. At least the way I see it ;-)

88UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Phoenix

Phoenix
Stock Trader

@smallville wrote:
Thought this is a record breaking over sub.. we exactly cannot say we see the SFIN effect from this..
IPO price is 25/- the gain selling at 30 wud be less if we can wait a little for this to pass 35 at lesat its a good gain.. At least the way I see it ;-)
Guys..compared to SFIN(which had a highly over valued introduction price), I think Union Bank has a bit more potential to go further than SFIN. After all its a bank and a well performing bank for that as well. I was with my broker recently and one of his colleagues were saying the same thing about Union Bank....that it will go down and its over valued and etc etc...But what another guy said was "machan...BFI shares kawadada bang Rs.25 ganna puluwan?"...so as far as i think(which is not very far Very Happy) this will appreciate in a healthy manner(not on the opening day, but gradually)...and after all when did CSE move only depending on fundamentals?? Smile
BUT my whole argument solely depend upon share allocation method. So cant say im 100% correct either

89UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:06 pm

tubal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Phoenix wrote:
@smallville wrote:
Thought this is a record breaking over sub.. we exactly cannot say we see the SFIN effect from this..
IPO price is 25/- the gain selling at 30 wud be less if we can wait a little for this to pass 35 at lesat its a good gain.. At least the way I see it ;-)
Guys..compared to SFIN(which had a highly over valued introduction price), I think Union Bank has a bit more potential to go further than SFIN. After all its a bank and a well performing bank for that as well. I was with my broker recently and one of his colleagues were saying the same thing about Union Bank....that it will go down and its over valued and etc etc...But what another guy said was "machan...BFI shares kawadada bang Rs.25 ganna puluwan?"...so as far as i think(which is not very far Very Happy) this will appreciate in a healthy manner(not on the opening day, but gradually)...and after all when did CSE move only depending on fundamentals?? Smile
BUT my whole argument solely depend upon share allocation method. So cant say im 100% correct either

SFIN highly over valued while UB is under valued? Where does that come from? your broker must be nuts.

It's not the label price that matters. It's not whether a IPO share is priced at 15 or 25 that matters. What matters is how that price is related to the PE and NAVPS. If HNB announces a 1:20 split it will be trading at 20 does that suddenly make it more valuable than at 400 now? well many investors at the CSE certainly think so.

Note: I am not saying SFIN was under valued or UB is overvalued just saying that brokers who make comments like what yours did should be banned.

90UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:16 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

when did this market go with fundamental all the time? Recently there have been many opportunities to buy valuable counters at a bargain..
UB shares alloted to public thru this IPO is less in my view, since this is over subscribed many times there can be interest among serious investors even, who can guarantee its not???

Anyone have an idea of the private placement price prior to IPO? Is the SEC rule applied to this as well?

91UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:29 am

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator

When are the allotment and refunds due?

92UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 am

Soundchips


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@smallville wrote:when did this market go with fundamental all the time? Recently there have been many opportunities to buy valuable counters at a bargain..
UB shares alloted to public thru this IPO is less in my view, since this is over subscribed many times there can be interest among serious investors even, who can guarantee its not???

Anyone have an idea of the private placement price prior to IPO? Is the SEC rule applied to this as well?

84 B subsciption gives a clue thaty IPO can start with a very high level

93UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty 15 Million/30,100 Application Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:31 am

own


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

So maximum bellow 500 per Application. It means can I expect 100 or 200 shares since I apply for 400? flower flower flower

94UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 am

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Soundchips wrote:
@smallville wrote:when did this market go with fundamental all the time? Recently there have been many opportunities to buy valuable counters at a bargain..
UB shares alloted to public thru this IPO is less in my view, since this is over subscribed many times there can be interest among serious investors even, who can guarantee its not???

Anyone have an idea of the private placement price prior to IPO? Is the SEC rule applied to this as well?

84 B subsciption gives a clue thaty IPO can start with a very high level

When are the allotment and refunds due?

Next week ! Market was bullish from friday onwards. Union bank IPO will become very interesting to see. Good for the banks

95UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty private placement bought shares Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:41 am

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

@smallville wrote:Anyone have an idea of the private placement price prior to IPO? Is the SEC rule applied to this as well?

Price = Rs. 35 Highest.
Rule = not applicable for this IPO. but as per prospectus (page 63 - 1st para) some share holders agree not to sell those private placement bought shares before junne 21 2011.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

96UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 am

tkc

tkc
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

report on UB by asha phillip
http://www.ashaphillip.net/reports/Union%20Bank%20IPO.pdf

97UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty UBC gone to Rs 45/= in the first minute Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:34 am

swan03


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Is this my system error?

98UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:37 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

there were bid orders @60..................AYYO people sold at 45............. Sad Sad Sad

99UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:39 am

swan03


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

@mark wrote:there were bid orders @60..................AYYO people sold at 45............. Sad Sad Sad

Yeah malli... I dont have much money to buy like this Sad

100UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:43 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

@swan03 wrote:
@mark wrote:there were bid orders @60..................AYYO people sold at 45............. Sad Sad Sad

Yeah malli... I dont have much money to buy like this Sad

no akki i ddnt bought any....................i mean there were people who wants to buy it at 60............ Shocked Shocked Shocked

101UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:45 am

Niggard

Niggard
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

it's going down now, 42.50/=

102UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:48 am

abra12


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

with the initial cost per share for some investors every body expected that this will reach 60 in first day.
Many Posts in this forum also suggest that.But UBC is going down and now 42.

103UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 am

Academic


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Huge selling pressure coming in, may be from bank guarantees.A good lesson, if this stuck here.

104UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:05 am

aga.sanjeewa

aga.sanjeewa
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

who collect UB at this price

105UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:06 am

thilankad

thilankad
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

UBC CROSSING 765000@31 9:54:19

http://thilankadinush.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum