FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Stocks on the Radar at CSE
by Rare Yesterday at 12:05 pm

» Asian stocks drift higher amid rate cut speculation; Japan lags
by Rare Yesterday at 12:02 pm

» LVL Energy Fund worth to look into counter cheapest share under utilities sector
by sakuni Yesterday at 4:30 am

» Post-election winners.
by Rare Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:26 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Where are we heading?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:44 pm

» Below Rs 10 shares analysis ..GEMS inside
by sakuni Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:52 pm

» Bullish about a sustainable turnaround - CSE Chairman
by Rare Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:36 am

» Impact of Elections on Colombo Stock Market Sentiment
by Rare Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:20 pm

» Bangladesh Stock market rose after the interim government took a raft of measures for the stock market.
by Rare Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:37 am

» Commercial Bank PLC: Impact of Bangladesh Crisis
by God Father Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:39 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: 2024 Prediction
by ChooBoy Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:13 pm

» ශ්‍රී ලංකාව: කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ විශ්ලේෂණය - 2024 සැප්තැම්බර්
by ChooBoy Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:10 pm

» LTL Holdings Limited IPO: Devil in Disguise
by Quibit Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:26 pm

» PickMe: Serious Legal Snags ahead of IPO Opening!
by agentnrox Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:43 am

» AI Answer to my Question on Present Stock Market
by Rare Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:12 am

» Stock Market Collapse: Madness or Adjustment?
by Rare Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:47 am

» HNB Bank emerged as the Best Overall Bank for 1H 2024
by Quibit Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:38 pm

» John Keells Holdings PLC share is worth LKR 17/= after Rights Issue and Sub-Division of shares
by Quibit Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:18 pm

» Will we see a post-election rally?
by Rare Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:32 pm

» ජෝන් කීල්ස් හෝල්ඩින්ස් (JKH) කොටසක මිල රු 17/= බැසීමට නියමිතයි!
by ChooBoy Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:20 am

» Ceylon Cold Stores PLC Net Profit Increased by 265%, in 1Q 2024,
by DeepFreakingValue Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:47 pm

» ඉදිරි ජනාධිපතිවරණයේදී රනිල් වික්‍රමසිංහ පරාජය කරන්නේ කෙසේද? කෘතිම බුද්ධිය (AI) ප්‍රතිචාරය:
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:26 am

» Why Investors should stay away from Maharaja Foods PLC
by DeepFreakingValue Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:36 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Investors please answer

+10
dhanurrox
illuminati
Rapaport
hariesha
bakapandithaya
mono
deep
Antonym
Leo
hersh
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Investors please answer Empty Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:03 pm

hersh

Stock Trader

It is clear that there are two sections in the Colombo stock exchange, engaging in buying and selling shares. One section is fundamental long term investors, other section involves all speculators, manipulators, rogues, high powered individuals and brokers who are big and powerful. To make things easy for me to think,

I call them Good Investors and Bad Traders.

This market is suffering as it is explained in so many news papers, web sites, by various individuals is because of these bad traders. Now they are influencing the decision makers to further their intentions. The reason is they have been involved in pushing the prices up and up for them to enjoy super fortunes, super fast. When these people send the market up the stock market has gone up. So the SEC has timely intervened and brought in measures to safeguard the Stock Market. As such the market that went up and up is now coming down and down. Also the news papers, web sites and various people are saying we were the best market in asia in 2009 and 2010. But did the SEC come in to stop a bubble?

I too like to become a long term investor.

In 2008 when the market was down to a p.e of 6 to 7 I couldn't buy because the war was so fears, and there was turmoil in the world. Then in may 2009 the market started going up and it was because we won the war but the company results did not do well. When the companies started doing good the prices have gone thru the roof, so I couldn't buy. In 2009 september or so rajratnam got into a soup. I couldn't buy as the repercussions would have been bad. In 2010 again the market went up when fundamentals were bad, as the central bank was borrowing and the balance of payment was bad. Now that the prices are down and the companies are doing well, the world is bad. Next year things will be worse.

When do you think I can invest?

i

2Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Leo

Leo
Manager - Equity Analytics

We invested in all such instances. Made Loses as well as profits. But since you are too cautious on your investments and considers a lot of fact, i am not sure the right conditions will come till many years to come.

All depends on the extent of risk taking and rewards for that.
Everything involves risk. If fear for risk , dont invest stocks.

3Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics

hersh wrote:

Come join the party, right now!
I think you can invest when the ASI is below 6,000. I'm not saying it won't go down from here; I'm saying it could go up in the long term.

4Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:30 pm

hersh

Stock Trader

Thanks antonym and leo.

What you mean is that , even if all bad things happen in this market I must take a risk which I can tolerate and come in?

5Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Leo

Leo

Yes thats it. Take a bit of risk. Study the market well. Theres a lot to learn. So better start and see. There is no single person who had not made losses. All do make losses some time. The faster your learn , the less will be your loss. A lot of experience to gather here.
So join the party.

6Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Antonym

Antonym

hersh wrote:Thanks antonym and leo.

What you mean is that , even if all bad things happen in this market I must take a risk which I can tolerate and come in?

Yes.
You have obviously been following the ups and downs. You are aware of the downside risks and the possible rewards. Come in slowly...

7Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:40 pm

deep

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Now the problem we have is lack of inflows.. all are waiting to exit @ 6500,7000, or 7500 of ASI

we need cash inflows to run fundamentals spsly banking shares..
see foreigners are too existing the market..

So how market is possible to run... ??

If credit facility is relaxed, ASI will suddenly up by 300 points
and poor retailors wil start buying. will this be sustainable growth ??
will banking shares up with 300% credit facility..??

Will people buy SAMP @ 202 on credit ?
Nooo. people would by HVA @ 48
Within few days it will start crashing even though there is 300% credit facility..

Then our poor retailors start posting here
"Pls dont sell your ....bla bla..

8Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:47 pm

mono

mono

deep wrote:Now the problem we have is lack of inflows.. all are waiting to exit @ 6500,7000, or 7500 of ASI

we need cash inflows to run fundamentals spsly banking shares..
see foreigners are too existing the market..

So how market is possible to run... ??

If credit facility is relaxed, ASI will suddenly up by 300 points
and poor retailors wil start buying. will this be sustainable growth ??
will banking shares up with 300% credit facility..??

Will people buy SAMP @ 202 on credit ?
Nooo. people would by HVA @ 48
Within few days it will start crashing even though there is 300% credit facility..

Then our poor retailors start posting here
"Pls dont sell your ....bla bla..

You'd think that after being screwed over for more than a year things will change. Rolling Eyes

If you want to see this massacre happening in real time just log into the chat box of this forum. You will get to see how supiri investors are born.

9Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Leo

Leo

hersh dont get discouraged. The market had many good times. And future too it will have many good times. Its not only in Sri Lanka, But the markets in rest of the world are the same.
Invest and learn how the market reacts, what happens when manipulators trade, And what do stock brokers do, How politics involve, Creating bad reumers about the market and getting benifits out of it...etc
The present trend have many reasons. Many facts can be found in this forum.
But you have to be here to learn all this. So start trading wisely. Study for yourself. Dont trust on others and specially the brokers. Its your money . So take care of it. Be in for trading and learn.

Good luck

10Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:01 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya

Pls wait for some time

11Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:06 pm

hariesha

You have joined the forum today. I believe you are also a manipulator. To make negative comments you have created an account today. Please refrain from manipulating this forum. I have seen lot of such accounts created during past few days. It's quite clear, what are your objections are. If you don't have a clear mind about the market, it's quite simple, please leave the market. So you can make use of your money with something worth for you and allocate the time you spent in this forum also in that project.

12Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:09 pm

mono

mono

hariesha wrote:You have joined the forum today. I believe you are also a manipulator. To make negative comments you have created an account today. Please refrain from manipulating this forum. I have seen lot of such accounts created during past few days. It's quite clear, what are your objections are. If you don't have a clear mind about the market, it's quite simple, please leave the market. So you can make use of your money with something worth for you and allocate the time you spent in this forum also in that project.

I don't think willy-nilly accusations of manipulation is hardly how we should welcome people

13Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:09 pm

hersh

Stock Trader

Thnx for all of you.

Broker I'm talking to told me to start Rupee Cost Averaging. Does any one know what it means?

14Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:13 pm

mono

mono

hersh wrote:Thnx for all of you.

Broker I'm talking to told me to start Rupee Cost Averaging. Does any one know what it means?

so you've already invested in the market?

IMO, you need to figure out how you think the market & your shares will behave in the future before averaging. Ask yourself, whether you would buy these shares at these prices at this given time if you don't have more of the same in your portfolio.

cost averaging means you simply invest a fixed amount of money on a share at any given time. take jkh for example. Firstly, you decide how much you want to invest of jkh a per week. let's say 100K for now. So what you do is is jkh is 200 today you buy 500 shares. if jkh is 100 next week you buy 1000 shares. if it 125 you buy 800 shares.

Last edited by mono on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 pm

hariesha

hersh wrote:It is clear that there are two sections in the Colombo stock exchange, engaging in buying and selling shares. One section is fundamental long term investors, other section involves all speculators, manipulators, rogues, high powered individuals and brokers who are big and powerful. To make things easy for me to think,

I call them Good Investors and Bad Traders.

This market is suffering as it is explained in so many news papers, web sites, by various individuals is because of these bad traders. Now they are influencing the decision makers to further their intentions. The reason is they have been involved in pushing the prices up and up for them to enjoy super fortunes, super fast. When these people send the market up the stock market has gone up. So the SEC has timely intervened and brought in measures to safeguard the Stock Market. As such the market that went up and up is now coming down and down. Also the news papers, web sites and various people are saying we were the best market in asia in 2009 and 2010. But did the SEC come in to stop a bubble?

I too like to become a long term investor.

In 2008 when the market was down to a p.e of 6 to 7 I couldn't buy because the war was so fears, and there was turmoil in the world. Then in may 2009 the market started going up and it was because we won the war but the company results did not do well. When the companies started doing good the prices have gone thru the roof, so I couldn't buy. In 2009 september or so rajratnam got into a soup. I couldn't buy as the repercussions would have been bad. In 2010 again the market went up when fundamentals were bad, as the central bank was borrowing and the balance of payment was bad. Now that the prices are down and the companies are doing well, the world is bad. Next year things will be worse.

i

NEVER, BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT GET THE PERFECT CONDITIONS YOU ARE EXPECTING AS THIS NOT A PERFECT WORLD. IF YOU WANT TO BE AN INVESTOR LEARN TO ADAPT TO THE SITUVATIONS TRY TO GAIN MAXIMUM FROM OPPERTUNATIES.

16Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Rapaport

Rapaport
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Every year there will be negative news! If you want to be a long term investor then think collectively for 5-10 years period.

Maybe this link can help you to think positively!
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t13593-good-time-to-keep-an-eye-on-the-market

Cheers!

17Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Antonym

Antonym

Investopedia is a good site to answer many of your investment-related questions.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dollarcostaveraging.asp#axzz1fk5naUlj

18Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:21 pm

hariesha

CAT JUMPS OUT OF BOX.

19Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:28 pm

hariesha

Rs cost averaging

http://wealth.moneycontrol.com/showstory.php?id=1322

20Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:33 pm

hersh

Stock Trader

Thnx to all

hareisha thanks for the link it was informative.

I think I should invest based on RCA on stocks with minimum down side isn't it?

21Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:15 pm

illuminati

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Stay away from the market as a tsunami is expected to hit the market very soon!

22Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:32 pm

dhanurrox

illuminati wrote:
Stay away from the market as a tsunami is expected to hit the market very soon!

looks like you have made this account only to warn about tsunami,who can trust you?????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

23Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:53 pm

sas

sas

@hersh,
man you are awesome, when I entered to the market 6 months ago, I didn't knew a thing about market, what is ASI, IPO & introduction, I can remember I've asked why a share start trading at 15.00 where reference price given as 4.00 in cse site, difference between investors & traders..etc..etc. It seems I'm the only dumbass entered to the market with out knowing anything. scratch

24Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:25 pm

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

Hersh in CSE most of the ppl are traders not a investors..

25Investors please answer Empty Re: Investors please answer Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:49 am

manula

CSE.SAS wrote:
Hersh in CSE most of the ppl are traders not a investors..

That because all want quick money and thinking CSE good place to make money fast. What ever they brought want to get up from next day... so they going behind from manipulated stocks for easy money... not knowing the risk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum