FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Today at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports

+17
Monster
NEM
smallville
gann
Fresher
mark
econ
san1985
Rajitha
UKboy
mono
ranga
is
tubal
optimistic
yoyo
taniya1111
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 6:57 pm

UKboy

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

mono wrote:UKboy, i don't get your point.

Dear mono,

Last year they made 722 million and this year they made Rs 2.1 billions

Last year they had 128 million shares & now it is 1937 million.

Last year EPS 4.5 & this year EPS0.87

So how come people think this is an undervalued share & should be trading around Rs 20.00...?

27RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 7:08 pm

mono

Vice President - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:

Dear mono,

Last year their share capital was 128 million & now it is 1937 million.

So how come people think this is an undervalued share & should be trading around Rs 20.00...?

people were expecting much higher earnings that's why. I told you about the rubber deal. last quarter when they posted .33 eps the price of rubber was averaged 200 this quarter the price of rubber averaged at 250. That should have pushed their earnings much higher, considering RICH is heavily exposed to rubber. their retail business was also talking off nicely. that's why people were expecting 20.

28RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Fresher

Interim Financial Sttements
RICH
KGAL

29RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 7:58 pm

gann

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I like to read you guys thrash it out throwing facts and figures at each other sitting outside of the ring.

Since all three of these shares are fundamentally strong and the overall outlook is positive i see no reason for panicking.

30RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 8:14 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:

Dear mono,

Last year they had 128 million shares & now it is 1937 million.

I'm just doing a valuation based on Year Ended Results; So not talking abt the company performance much..
Facts taken - Sector PE is for plantations taken as 8,24 as reported by NDB reports. And for diversified Sectro PE = 25.06.

NAMU

EPS = 17.23
While Rubber has contributed much to the bottom line, Oil Palm expectation was hindered.
So compared to 2010, we're seeing much lesser contribution from Oil Palm.
Sector Valuation - 17.23*8.24 = 141.97
Current PE = 132/17.23 = 7.66 still undervalued..
Share holders Fund = 1311.07 Mn
ROE = 409.33/1311.07 = 31.2%

KGAL

EPS = 33.66
Compared to last year a decline of cost of sales to be clearly seen with the revenue growth.
Rev/COS in 2011 = 1.64 Bn compared to 1.26 Bn in 2010.
Declaration of final Dividend of Rs. 12.5Mn (Rs. 0.50 per share).
Revenue on Rubber is 1.96 Bn and its a 53.1% increase compared to 2010.
But risen finance cost was a bit issue.
Sector Valuation - 33.66*8.24 = 277-/
Current PE = 221/33.66 = 6.56 way undervalued..
Share holders Fund = 2409.4 Mn
ROE = 837.75 / 2409.4 = 34.7%

RICH

Diluted EPS = 0.84
Revenue = 27.2 Bn
Equity Holders = 1.68 Bn
No of shares = 1.94 Bn
The company has declared a final dividend of Rs.0.10 per share for the financial year ended
31st March 2011.
Employees Provident Fund has entered with 5.12% stake
Sector Valuation - 0.84*25.06 = 21/-
Share holders Fund = 5002.93 Mn
ROE = 2140.52/5002.93 = 42.7%

Conclusion;
Totally disappointed with NAMU.
Fingers crossed on KGAL Price..
Given a 30% discount to sector even RICH is worth 14.7/- Now whose sayin RICH is still not worth 20???

Last edited by smallville on Mon May 30, 2011 6:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : a typo)

31RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 8:26 pm

NEM

NEM
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I think you should not get panic about RICH financial report. Rich is still the most undervalued share in the diversified sector.If you are saying that RICH is not worth 20 what do you say about JKH and other diversified sector shares . Their PE ratio is way above RICH. I still think RICH is one of the best companies to invest even though RICH's performance in Q4 hasn't been up to the expectation. But they are still very very strong.

32RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 8:27 pm

gann

gann

What If we calculate the fair value of a company deviating from the standard method. This is what I propose...

Say if you take KGAL
current share price is Rs. 220/=
for Rs.220 they earn Rs.33.66
which means the return is 33.66*100/220=15.3%
Thats many multiple times the present bank interest rate. And you can do the cal deducting the total dividends paid from the current price. Which makes the return even higher.

rich 6% and namu 13% roughly.

go figure Smile

Last edited by gann on Fri May 27, 2011 8:48 pm; edited 6 times in total

33RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Monster

Monster

NEM wrote:I think you should not get panic about RICH financial report. Rich is still the most undervalued share in the diversified sector.If you are saying that RICH is not worth 20 what do you say about JKH and other diversified sector shares . Their PE ratio is way above RICH. I still think RICH is one of the best companies to invest even though RICH's performance in Q4 hasn't been up to the expectation. But they are still very very strong.
RICH performance is not bad at all. But though RICH is listed under diversified sector, it's more in to plantation sector. Hence it should trader lower PE ratio. As per current earnings RICH is fairly valued.

Last edited by Monster on Fri May 27, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

34RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 8:53 pm

tubal

gann wrote:What If we calculate the fair value of a company deviating from the standard method. This is what I propose...

Say if you take KGAL
Thats many multiple times the present bank interest rate. And you can do the cal deducting the total dividends paid from the current price. Which makes the return even higher.

go figure Smile

That argument would be fine if you didn't live in a country where the risk free rate has been much higher than the fixed deposit rate for the best part of 3 decades.

35RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 9:00 pm

xhora

xhora

In segmental analysis Rubber segment for RICH ahs made a Loss
Any reason why?

36RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 9:01 pm

xmart

xmart

We have to admit profit for this Quarter is not up to expected level. but look at growth factor.
NAVPS is increased. 82.84% is holding by major 20 shareholders while Employees Provident Fund has increased its holding to 5.12%. 59% foreign holding.

it is not fair to evaluate RICH as plantation. look at LCEY. it is also heavily plantation. for 31st dec 2010, 765,796,000 from plantation out of 1,335,542,000 Profit before tax.

ok, we'll see the crowd philosophy on monday. at 0.867 EPS it is worth more than 17.40.

37RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 9:05 pm

gann

gann

tubal wrote:
gann wrote:What If we calculate the fair value of a company deviating from the standard method. This is what I propose...

Say if you take KGAL

go figure Smile

That argument would be fine if you didn't live in a country where the risk free rate has been much higher than the fixed deposit rate for the best part of 3 decades.

That was before the nanthikadal incident. I see things in a different light after that Shocked (I am banking on the fact the light wouldn't burn out though affraid )

38RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 9:16 pm

tubal

gann wrote:
tubal wrote:

Say if you take KGAL

go figure Smile

That incidence hasn't effected this ridiculous gap between the risk free rate and bank rates. Latest TBill rate for 30 days is 7.09% the fixed deposit rate for 3 months is between 6 and 7.

Most banks made their profits in recent times by actually borrowing from people at 4% (savings rate) and lending to the government between 7-8% it's risk free!!

References: http://www.hnb.net/data/tools/fixed_deposits.php?ref=4
http://www.cbsl.gov.lk/htm/english/_cei/ir/i_3.asp

That was before the nanthikadal incident. I see things in a different light after that Shocked (I am banking on the fact the light wouldn't burn out though affraid )

Ouch, I don't know how this came out empty the first time? server error network error?

Anyway, in short what I said was: the fixed deposit rates being lower than risk free rate hasn't changed. Now T Bill rate is 7.09 for 91 day while 3 month FD is about 6.5%

Last edited by tubal on Fri May 27, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

39RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 pm

gann

gann

@tubal your last post is empty

40RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 10:01 pm

smallville

smallville

xhora wrote:In segmental analysis Rubber segment for RICH ahs made a Loss
Any reason why?

I didnt see any Exclamation can u extract and post?

41RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 10:34 pm

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:
mono wrote:
UKboy wrote:
tubal wrote:Well the results are out
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/725_1306491042098.PDF
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/711_1306489935485.pdf
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/509_1306490010415.PDF

And I don't think this is what many of you were expecting

I can still remember few months ago many many people recommended that RICH should be trading around Rs20. wondering where all those people now...

They all easily forgot that this share was appreciated from Rs 35 - Rs 170 ( before the split) in just few months.

I dont say that RICH is a bad counter but around Rs 13 - 14 this is fairly valued...

what does the bold bit have to do with anything? when rich was moving from 35-170 rubber prices were half of what they were now and RICH was making a much smaller profit.

Most of us expected RICH to improve on last quarter's performance given that the rubber prices have appreciated quite a bit more. I thought they'd post an EPS of .3 or higher. i was wrong and they didn't.

Yes mono as same as they were making small profits & their share prices was also small at that time.

As you said year before they made only Rs 722 millions for the whole year and EPS was 4.50. In May 2010 share price was around Rs 75. So we say the P/E is 16.67.

As you said yes this year they made Rs 2.1 billion as profits. Again Yes as you said it is very impressive.
EPS is 0.87 and we can say the P/E is 15.7..

mono wrote:
what does the bold bit have to do with anything?

So you decide whats the meaning of that bold bit

I think you all got wrong, what UKBoy was trying to say.
In the past RICH has always traded according to its EPS.
If not for the split, the share would be in sky at the current earnings.

The P/E has not changed much over the years. Therefore we can not expect the same P/E ratio of Diversified sector from RICH. Considering the fact that RICH is more exposed to plantation, RICH got its own P/E of around 14 to 16. Therefore its unfair to point out the diversified sector P/E and say its undervalued.
Hope you all got the point now.

Well in UKboy's portfolio RICH must be laying therefore years and years. May be he got minus avg cost even. lol Very Happy

42RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Fri May 27, 2011 10:44 pm

xhora

xhora

smallville wrote:
Any reason why?

on the ninth page
See the .jpg I attached here
https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/16/48/24/73/rich_s10.jpg

43RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 12:37 am

Monster

Monster

xhora wrote:
smallville wrote:
Any reason why?

on the ninth page
See the .jpg I attached here
https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/16/48/24/73/rich_s10.jpg
This is the manufacturing unit of rubber products. Due to heavy cost of raw material, this segment didn't make profit. Refer REXP interim financial report.

44RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 12:39 am

taniya1111

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

It's not fair to consider RICH as a plantation company.Anyway why do u expect to have a lower PE for plantation? Plantation's future is bright specially in Sri lanka with fertilizer concession and as a main producer of rubber.So i think plantation is no more an uncertain thing in the modern world.
But i think RICH will not move up hugely because there will be more selling due to unexpected results. So probably 15 will be touched.

45RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 3:27 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

mono wrote:
UKboy wrote:

Dear mono,

Last year their share capital was 128 million & now it is 1937 million.

people were expecting much higher earnings that's why. I told you about the rubber deal. last quarter when they posted .33 eps the price of rubber was averaged 200 this quarter the price of rubber averaged at 250. That should have pushed their earnings much higher, considering RICH is heavily exposed to rubber. their retail business was also talking off nicely. that's why people were expecting 20.

increase of rubber price seems to be one of rich's strength but also a cost.

46RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 5:06 am

chamith

chamith

P/E for RICH is somewhere between plantation and diversified sector PE.

47RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 4:48 pm

UKboy

UKboy

xmart wrote: we'll see the crowd philosophy on monday. .

According to CSE crowd philosophy there is a good chance that the RICH price will go up in next week. But it won’t be something called a “rally”.

48RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 6:53 pm

xmart

xmart

UKboy wrote:

According to CSE crowd philosophy there is a good chance that the RICH price will go up in next week. But it won’t be something called a “rally”.

if it buyers cannot penetrate 14, i will be happy. because still i'm collecting this one from 13 to 13.50. still in thirsty for RICH. I don't want to see a rally for sure. but for next 1 year, yes, I may see RICH at 20+ by way of rally or tortoise appreciation.

49RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 6:58 pm

mono

mono

xmart wrote:
UKboy wrote:

if it buyers cannot penetrate 14, i will be happy. because still i'm collecting this one from 13 to 13.50. still in thirsty for RICH. I don't want to see a rally for sure. but for next 1 year, yes, I may see RICH at 20+ by way of rally or tortoise appreciation.

next quarter rubber prices are supposed to come down to 200ish but there is supposed to be a massive commodities rally starting from sepish. rubber will most likely cross 300. that's where the money will be made.

50RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Monster

Monster

RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Rich_i12
Comparing latest income statement and the previous, I couldn't understand why administrative expenses and other operating expenses are high in 4Q. Finance cost is over 100 million compare to the previous.

51RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 9:52 pm

chamith

chamith

I remember they took a 1 billion loan few months back

52RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sat May 28, 2011 10:40 pm

mono

mono

Monster wrote:RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Rich_i12
Comparing latest income statement and the previous, I couldn't understand why administrative expenses and other operating expenses are high in 4Q. Finance cost is over 100 million compare to the previous.

that's what has puzzled me. all things being equal RICH should have posted .35

53RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sun May 29, 2011 11:47 am

xmart

xmart

13 is the bottom strong support while 13.50 being the first resistance, now 13.50 resistance level become a support. 13.50 support is going to be the next level. next resistance is 14. if RICH break 14 with considerable volume
, i would say sky is unlimited.

guys, I can observe the same trading pattern on stochastic at early January. both the situations are similar. at that time, RICH was in huge profit, deserve to run. market sentiment was also good because postponing of credit clearance.
now, even RICH results are not impressive, it is healthy. market condition also favorable for a run.
if i'm correct we may see RICH @15.50~16 level in a week.

- this is not a recommendation, this is what i observe from charts. value you experts input in this regard.

54RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Empty Re: RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports Sun May 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Monster wrote:RICH, KGAL, NAMU prices after reports - Page 2 Rich_i12

I see there are positive/ negative comments on RICH after the March release.

Let us look at the situation fairly.

Firstly Yes , RICH Profit for the period was far below what many of us expected. Does this mean RICH is doing badly?

Let us analyze ..

* First the Gross Profit for March is marginally Higher than December.

* But Profit from operations came down due to Higher
a) Distribution
b) Administration
c) Other expenses

* Second blow came with the increase of Finance costs to 276,383,000 from Rs 171,251,000
* Third came from Income Tax being percentage wise much higher in March than December
* Fourth the Minority Interest allocation is significantly higher percentage wise compared to Decemeber reducing Equity Holder profit

Now though I could still not find why this happened, I did find something else

See the below

March 10 : http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/509_1275474297877.pdf
Dec 09 : http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/509_1265881408372.pdf

In March
* Equity Holder allocation is percentage wise higher
* Finance cost and Admin expenses are higher too.

It appears that this could be a re-occurring pattern for March quarter which none of us picked up before. I tried to do this for Dec 08 and March 09 to confirm further but not could find March 09 report on cse.lk

So in summary looking at Gross profit and identifying the expense shortcomings we have to re-look how we analyzes the Final March Eps for RICH.

Given the present results the valuation

RICH is in diversified sector so
Div sector PE from cse.lk is 35.00
Div sector PE from Asia Weath is 23.78

Since RICH also has plantation heavy interests if one takes Plantation sector PE

on Cse.lk it is 16.90
on Asia Wealth report 10.6

So we take PE of 16 to be fair and a 12 Month EPS of 0.84 the RICH price is fairly valued now. based on past 12 month earnings. So should we look at only March quarter report or should we look at Dec quarter also see the potential of RICH.

However , depending on Market interest ( also Dividend of 0.1) and how it treats RICH( DIV sector Blue Chip) this can be worth Rs 14-16 depending on the higher PE. Please note the keyword it is Worth. Someone having negative feeling will always argue and will say this is worth less. But just consider all the factors presented.

Note :
BTW, KGAL is clearly within my expectations. I expected around Rs 10-11 eps. KGAL to me is still one of the best managed plantations in Sri Lanka and also clearly is the largest on Rubber.

Monster , Thanks for the side by side comparison. I created a such image ( before I saw yours) but it was not as parallel as yours. I see you have to do some image editing on December to be parallel with March.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum