FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)

+220
Dilip
kanishkaecomm
ForeigNer
Chithi
EGG
Basu
Good bad
SAGA
arun.cse
hanuma
learningthemarket
David VKMS
WealthKing
atdeane
කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020
samaritan
nish84
chuckles
AsithaDe
100Bill
RJ1010
Bakkabwoi
MaJa
judecroos
SANJAYANM
abey
Master D
Kaish86
Ruwan925
nathanfornash
npgslnawa
Tradewise
wealth creator
MarketRambo
Don't Be Poor
Equity Win
Love Boy
Pradeep90
Mithooshan
shan31
MoneyLover
maalinda
pra4u
xhunter
RajapaksaDON
Nandun
Real_Investor
Win Win
Yahapalanaya
SUSPENS
gosrilanka
vikiperera
mahasona2
dayandacool
sheildskye
Nicerider1978
Kipling
deli
ChooBoy
MarketResearch
thestock123
THASSIM
Equityinvestor
Eranga87
jaya
Hope123
chathura123
nesta
roshan1039
Bakka1988
Cma
EquityChamp
King of vice
Miss-Sangeetha
sachinthana87
BEAR
ThilinaM
Ekanayake90
ipo
Quibit
Intrinsicvalue
Eugine Fernando
Invest2018
Gajaya
KavinduTM
engineer
kalu351
sameboy
wisdom79
wealth123
NANDANA2012
Winner123
Beta1
Sajeewa Niranjan
bunbun
player
fireshelter
glad
Capton KIng Cool
Teller
Promoney
stockback
sach9993
hasarel
RPPA
Dhehan
Nuwan Samarawickrama
gamini4413992
TechAnalyst
RoomGirl
kassachandi
lasantha11111
Harry82
am22
MAKARA
dineshfernando
amila.sanjaya.54
NC
Wessa123
Hawk Eye
gayanath1983
zoozzoo
kingraj1
fff4sl
K7
Luqmaans azam
DealKing
kadik
daminda
PriyanDV
Invest-Wise
rageendrathas
celtic tiger
indi009
erga
L BOARD
Pethi
Sstar
Gune Malli
MARKETWATCH2
D.G.Dayaratne
chinthaka22
fawaz4sl
rangananwr
NZ BOY
WildBear
shadow walker
windi5
SLFINANCEWATCH
Sarabulathwita
Octopus
barba
AAABoy
stevenapple
dudi
Balanced_Views
stocksira
SHARK aka TAH
yellow knife
Santa
Eng Krishantha
THILANGAF
hasi17
klpfernando
sanju351
malanp
kasun333
Backstage
Rapaport
traderathome
hariesha
wsaman
sureshot
Dr_CSE
Prince
cse_investor
kam2011
amibroker
Tiger
Revolution
gayannadeeka
TelesHope
Intrinsic
dr kiru005
ISURU
Soundchips
gann
Aamiable
StocksWatch
asitha
milanka
limestone
mark
smalta
hettdas
shevy191073
wmdcf
UKboy
Academic
Slstock
monash
Berryfund
mono
dhamm
shaankh
Monster
Antonym
DMA
xmart
RDS
smallville
tubal
ashlee
BullionStock
$$$
econ
bliss
ashoka1966
optimistic
ONTHEMONEY
224 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 39]

81LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics

tubal wrote:Thanks for your post academic. I find myself often talking about QoQ growth but didn't bother to check it with LOLC because YoY was pretty impressive. Having said that I don't think the price will decline, this stock seems to have good support at the 136 levels. At the same time these earnings wouldn't justify a breakout.

I think most of the investors have collected at higher levels, many are not prepared to dispose at low levels.
With these new developments on an up beating market .. LOLC is an attractive stock. It has a good support level,
LOLC is a very familiar stock for most investors.

82LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:32 pm

tubal

Aamiable wrote:
tubal wrote:Thanks for your post academic. I find myself often talking about QoQ growth but didn't bother to check it with LOLC because YoY was pretty impressive. Having said that I don't think the price will decline, this stock seems to have good support at the 136 levels. At the same time these earnings wouldn't justify a breakout.

I think most of the investors have collected at higher levels, many are not prepared to dispose at low levels.
With these new developments on an up beating market .. LOLC is an attractive stock. It has a good support level,
LOLC is a very familiar stock for most investors.

Aamiable my friend, that's an old post that I made before the 136 support line was breached. The 116.5 support line was all set to be breached today but the released an advertisement through the CSE newswire and retailers rushed to rescue the big boys.

Last edited by tubal on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Support was not at 117 as incorrectly stated)

83LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Aamiable

I collected at higher levels several months ago

84LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:00 am

Academic

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I do not see any logic in the claims of "support levels" either for an index or stock. For example someone may say ASI support at 7330 or LOLC at 116.5. What these numbers can do with fair value of an index or stock?

It is the demand and supply that determine price. Even ASI doped to 7330, if further selling occurs, it will further go down. The same is true for a stock. So the key for determining share price is predicting demand and supply, not naively hang on to some arbitrary numbers (7330, 166.5 etc).

85LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:25 am

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics

Academic wrote:
gann wrote:
Academic wrote:

The immediate reason for going LOLC down is its earning quality and downgrading debt rating based on double leverage.

Can any of you explain how name change to Holding address above issues? Isn't it the same LOLC?

Further it is no more a Finance company. A jack of all trades.

Investors attracted to its finance business which will be shifted to LOFC. Once LOFC listed people may forget LOLC. This may explain why we saw large sell orders for LOLC in last couples of days (an information leakage?)?

In addition to that widely diversified companies are subjected to a "Conglomeration discount" in calculating its fair-value.

According to the following article LOLC is already in the top list of diversified companies in par with JKH with a impressive growth of Assets and ROE.
http://www.ft.lk/2011/04/08/welcome-the-new-conglomerate/

Any comments?

It is bit difficult to predict how market would react. However, FT article clearly shows ROA of LOLC is well below two largest diversifieds, JKH and Carson. In addition to that part of reported earnings of LOLC was due to SEYB investment reclassification (1.7 billion). This may have revised by 31 march as SEYB doped to 75. So I cant see a impressive ROA with LOLC. IMHO recent acquisitions made LOLC's ROA stagnant (As Fitch Ratings pointed out in below link).

See http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?nid=926577279 for more details.

I think LOLC wants to remove this diluting effect of acquisitions from its main business. That is why they are going to list Financial companies. Thus, financial subsidiaries would be attractive compared to LOLC in terms of ROA , ROE etc, as all dilutions are accumulated at holding company (LOLC) level.

This is not an investment advice or recommendation

If one was treating LOLC purely as financial company before this announcement then LOLC share price was bordering fair value I'd say. But if one wishes to now place LOLC has holding company with the future expectation of growth from its acquisitions /subsidiaries I guess it would trade at premium like the diversified sector. Gann reference to ft.lk article would help to identify where LOLC stands in diversified.

I guess most of this affect will be in the heard mentality in the present situation. I do not know abotu short term, but I certainly believe LOLC can be a good one for Long term ( 1-2 years) if one has the patience.

86LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:51 am

tubal

Academic wrote:
I do not see any logic in the claims of "support levels" either for an index or stock. For example someone may say ASI support at 7330 or LOLC at 116.5. What these numbers can do with fair value of an index or stock?

It is the demand and supply that determine price. Even ASI doped to 7330, if further selling occurs, it will further go down. The same is true for a stock. So the key for determining share price is predicting demand and supply, not naively hang on to some arbitrary numbers (7330, 166.5 etc).

academic, these are not arbitrary numbers. These are numbers deducted using well tested and established theories. Being an academic, I am surprised that you are rejecting them without doing proper investigation into them.

87LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:57 am

tubal

slstock wrote:
If one was treating LOLC purely as financial company before this announcement then LOLC share price was bordering fair value I'd say. But if one wishes to now place LOLC has holding company with the future expectation of growth from its acquisitions /subsidiaries I guess it would trade at premium like the diversified sector. Gann reference to ft.lk article would help to identify where LOLC stands in diversified.

As academic pointed out, if it's a diversified holdings company it should trade at a big discount not at a premium. Unfortunately in Sri Lanka people have the impression that such companies should trade at a premium. This is a false impression created largely buy stock brokers who are always giving buy recommendations to JKH, HAYL and LOLC no matter what their valuations are.

Globally such companies have been out of favour for a long long time. Now many corporate raiders are buying their and breaking them up. Sometimes I wonder if the reason Mr Perera bought into HAYL is for the same reason.

88LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:01 am

Soundchips

tubal wrote:
Academic wrote:

academic, these are not arbitrary numbers. These are numbers deducted using well tested and established theories. Being an academic, I am surprised that you are rejecting them without doing proper investigation into them.

Retailers believe that LOLC can reach new heights.

When the expectations are high prices can go up.
Management and the group is reorganizing businesses for maximum benefits then those figures can become a reality...

89LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Academic

tubal wrote:
Academic wrote:

It is not good to reject something without reasoning out. Support and resistance levels are belongs to technicians. If I'm not mistaken these trading strategies first discussed by Brock, Josef, and LeBaron (1992). The broader conception is similar to RSI (Relative Strength Indicator).

The point that I missed to write in the above post is the fact that CSE is not going on a random work and momentum is present (Pathirawasam and Weerakoon Banda, 2008;Samarakoon, 2010). Further, Abeysekera (2001) points out CSE has not even the weak-form efficiency.

Thus, many technical indicators based on law of random numbers are not applicable to CSE. To be honest, I have not tested the applicability of support and resistance levels here. But based on above reasoning I cant agree with the usage of technical indicators in CSE.

Anyway, you may be disagree with me. However, by agreeing on disagreement, I suggest you to wind up this argument. Since none of us are in a position to prove our stance with research evidence.

Further, I'm getting busy with some works and limit my participation in the forum till June.

References

Abeysekera, S.P, (2001). Efficient Markets Hypothesis and the Emerging Capital Market in Sri Lanka: Evidence from the Colombo Stock Exchange – A Note, Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 8(1-2), 249–261.

Brock,W., Lakonishok, J., and LeBaron,B., (1992). Simple Technical Trading Rules and the Stochastic Properties of Stock Returns, The Journal of Finance, 47(5), 1731-1764.

Pathirawasam and Weerakoon Banda, (2008). Profitability of Momentum and Contrarian Strategies in the Colombo Stock Exchange, Proceedings of Fifth International Conference of Business Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, 27-31.

Samarakoon, L.P., (2010). Asymmetric investor behavior between buyside and sellside: Evidence from investor classes in the Sri Lankan stock market, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 20(2-3), 93-113.

gann

gann

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Asi14

I am sharing with you my real time ASI 5 min chart used for short term trading. Look at that resistance at 50% mark(7420) and other important psychological levels.
The fact that we couldnt break 7420 in march and still finding it today implies that the market conditions remain the same. But the fact that its holding the ground is encouraging and needs to be monitored for any new developments.

91LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Tue May 24, 2011 12:54 pm

xmart

xmart

O-key.. where is LOLC march 31st report? i can't find it at CSE website. i want to see their QtoQ performance.

92LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Tue May 24, 2011 11:01 pm

ISURU

ISURU

xmart wrote:O-key.. where is LOLC march 31st report? i can't find it at CSE website. i want to see their QtoQ performance.
to be finalized

93LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Wed May 25, 2011 11:27 pm

dr kiru005

dr kiru005
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

ashlee wrote:
I think the guy who converted 100% LOLC is gonna be a real winner now..

Cool Wink study

Itz me Very Happy Cool [/quote] did you do it in real life too ?

94LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Wed May 25, 2011 11:43 pm

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

dr kiru005 wrote:
ashlee wrote:
I think the guy who converted 100% LOLC is gonna be a real winner now..

Cool Wink study

Itz me Very Happy Cool
did you do it in real life too ?
[/quote]

What the hell is this? What winner?

95LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

xmart wrote:O-key.. where is LOLC march 31st report? i can't find it at CSE website. i want to see their QtoQ performance.

It will be a huge achievement if they can improve Q4 profits by at least 12.5%.

96LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Mon May 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Intrinsic

Manager - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:

It will be a huge achievement if they can improve Q4 profits by at least 12.5%.

Has anybody noticed now LOLC is trading at 115 (52 week low) ? Is it good idea to buy some quantity now in order to lower the average price ?

BTW - Is there any particular reason for this drop ?

97LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Tue May 31, 2011 6:15 pm

TelesHope

TelesHope
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

LOLC REsults 31st March 2011

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/378_1306839860056.pdf

98LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

eps is 8 for end of the year.. so trailing PER around 120/8 = 15

99LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 pm

gayannadeeka

Today 113.90 wt will tomorrow ?????

http://nadeekacf@facebook.com

100LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Revolution

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Today 112.60.. what will it go next ??

101LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Tiger

Tiger

102LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty LOLC price Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:39 am

asitha

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

why LOLC price extremely drooped down???
in this year also they have profits.last year they have gained over 9 bll profit but still FS not published.i have shares at a price of 115.i have to deside wether is it keeping worth or not..

103LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:54 am

ashlee

I have a whole bunch of shares bought at 138.. No worries that will do more in the future.. Itz a long term investment..Collect some more at these levels if you can.

104LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:46 am

amibroker

asitha wrote:why LOLC price extremely drooped down???
in this year also they have profits.last year they have gained over 9 bll profit but still FS not published.i have shares at a price of 115.i have to deside wether is it keeping worth or not..

What they have achieved is not that important, whether they can sustain that growth and revenue levels are much more important than historical earnings. So I think short term LOLC will be stagnent or slip to Rs 100 level.. This is just my view...
Also see below Post by Chinw in another thread on LOLC

Re: Confifi Hotels to announce the managing partner soon, mulls revaluation of properties
Post by Chinwi on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:28 +
According to their announcements, they have 1 1/2 year close down of 3 hotels from this month.
I mentioned somewhere else that this may affect LOLC earnings and share price. Apart from income loss I think they cannot stop the salaries of the staff during this period.

Somehow, when considered their other businesses this may not a big burden for them and I think LOLC may bounce at 110.00

The latest news coming to me from close links of mine (from Dubai based well known hotel interior giant) that LOLC have asked the contractors to complete the work before the next season. The experts in this field say no one will drag the work for 1 and 1/2 years.

That means LOLC may open the best hotels in the golden mile sooner than anticipated. [b]

105LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:49 am

Slstock

Slstock

LOLC is long term term share. If you can buy forget about it for atleast 1 year without worrying about short term price fluctuation ( possibly several years) there is no issue with this. It is an investment Looking at their diversification and strategic moves ,and capacity for revenue genration in the future I too have faith in LOLC. This share need to consolidate after a massive rise last year and a split.

To some it might be question why they shut down their hotels for 1.5 years which will reduce bottom line revenue. To some this might be a negative. To a long term investor acually this is great foresight by LOLC to aspire for the best and not settle for short term minimums. After the refurbishment they are looking at higher class sustained revenues than doing patch work.

Also note that Mr Nanayakkara in the board also is a high networth investor. Their management team has also a quite impressive background and capacity.

106LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:07 pm

amibroker

slstock wrote:LOLC is long term term share. If you can buy forget about it for atleast 1 year without worrying about short term price fluctuation ( possibly several years) there is no issue with this. It is an investment Looking at their diversification and strategic moves ,and capacity for revenue genration in the future I too have faith in LOLC. This share need to consolidate after a massive rise last year and a split.

To some it might be question why they shut down their hotels for 1.5 years which will reduce bottom line revenue. To some this might be a negative. To a long term investor acually this is great foresight by LOLC to aspire for the best and not settle for short term minimums. After the refurbishment they are looking at higher class sustained revenues than doing patch work.

Also note that Mr Nanayakkara in the board also is a high networth investor. Their management team has also a quite impressive background and capacity.

LOLC is a good share, there's no two words about it, Question is, Is it the right price to collect LOLC or will it slide more in the short term ?

107LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Slstock

Slstock

amibroker wrote:
slstock wrote:LOLC is long term term share. If you can buy forget about it for atleast 1 year without worrying about short term price fluctuation ( possibly several years) there is no issue with this. It is an investment Looking at their diversification and strategic moves ,and capacity for revenue genration in the future I too have faith in LOLC. This share need to consolidate after a massive rise last year and a split.

LOLC is a good share, there's no two words about it, Question is, Is it the right price to collect LOLC or will it slide more in the short term ?

Some of us collected it at higher prices as we believe in it long term. When going for long term , short term price fluctuations are over looked. Much like putting fixed deposit and forgetting about it until it matures.

As you are also concerned about the best price and short term volatility it can go down a further if the market continues with this bear trend. But this dropping heavily futher is not justifiable. But then again this is CSE as it already broke several other resistances.

Also Watch out their hotel deal operator would be finalized soon. If the news hit positive and hard you know what to expect. Else here and there we can see smaller/short runs in the shorter term when over sold until this recovers.

108LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:02 pm

amibroker

slstock wrote:
amibroker wrote:

Some of us collected it at higher prices as we believe in it long term. When going for long term , short term price fluctuations are over looked. Much like putting fixed deposit and forgetting about it until it matures.

As you are also concerned about the best price and short term volatility it can go down a further if the market continues with this bear trend. But this dropping heavily futher is not justifiable. But then again this is CSE as it already broke several other resistances.

Also Watch out their hotel deal operator would be finalized soon. If the news hit positive and hard you know what to expect. Else here and there we can see smaller/short runs in the shorter term when over sold until this recovers.

Thanks SLStock....

109LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:08 pm

kam2011

slstock, thank you very much. You are analizing the issue nicely. +rep from me.

110LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) - Page 4 Empty Re: LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000) Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:56 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Besides long term value of LOLC, with the financial success of LOLC and its related subs I see a short-med term value as well.
LOLC has been looking for a good base to form, last time I thought its 110 but it hanged on there for couple of days and broke the support then landed at 108..
Looks like this is heading down but soon this has to find a support level and head back 111, 112 resistance levels..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum