FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES

+153
ADVENTUS
Chula
DeepFreakingValue
Jacob1965
AmateurTrader001
MarketGema
madukp
Beyondsenses
Shivanthi_D
Equity Win
CSE--Leaks
J-CAT
MoneyLover
Wickyz
ChooBoy
StockGuru
Aubrey Perera
sharemarket
Jeremy
dsam
SHARK aka TAH
gagamini
wiser
yellow knife
Jiggysaurus
viper123
cseguide
dhanurrox
ajithg
rishanpossitive
jonta999
ethical.investor
balapas
bullet.11
ravi1
mahendra1
warrior
NZ BOY
sahan8896
intelligent1
deva1
chari
jonny
Prince
madhawa.h
Arena
Marketinvest
stockmania
Takecharge
notme
Barren Wuffete
m2_yapa
TheProfessional2013
WildBear
celtic tiger
stockboy
nimantha80
NaminiInduwara
MalakaDesmond
BandulaSM
malanp
Savantha Denipitiya
Fresher
wgsaman
sanju351
shan
kasun333
Dileepa
market bull
sriranga
Harry82
SRIAS
MarketWitch
sapumal
rmark
Kithsiri
Whitebull
ccsentha
LateTackle
prasadrmb
Storm
Kumar
mra
VISA
K.Haputantri
suja
stumpy
traderathome
hawklk
hunter
Redbulls
reez
Hanoifortune
bullrun
emrik
Rizmi
UKboy
snandasiri
gamaya
hariesha
Asoka Samarakone
FXX
nkuda
Leon
dcwal
Antonym
danjayanaada
2011_NewComer
aj
arrowms
Roboticfx
zen
Roshan Fernando
Ajith Rajapakse
krishaja
kav4
tompapa
Rajaraam
bePositive
deen
Aamiable
maddu
aasdias
kelumhewage
duke
Dishan
donj91
stockanalytic
Dreamer
schacha
yasser
GJ
TortoizePlus
RIO
Gaja
mzstock
smallville
tubal
kuk83
npc86
TuskerLK
ONTHEMONEY
Academic
Ben Graham
sureshot
Meta Trader
ha_na
DXB2252
econ
swan03
Slstock
milanka
wiki
157 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

226Capital Trust Securities  Empty Capital Trust buy recommendations Wed May 22, 2013 9:45 am

mahendra1

Stock Trader

I wish my stock brokering firm also produce all these information,my stock broking firm never bother to send email or sms Sad

227Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 9:47 am

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

mahendra1 wrote:I wish my stock brokering firm also produce all these information,my stock broking firm never bother to send email or sms Sad

You can change your broker without any cost friend

228Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 4:51 pm

ravi1

Stock Trader

Dear Gamaya,

You are getting all wrong information, Capital Trust Partners Ltd never sold any GREG shares they bought over the last three years. I think they bought over 47 Million shares (13%). I hear they are buying up to 20% of GREG,they are buying daily. Because they started buying in to GREG only, those two Directors had to leave the board.

Last edited by ravi1 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

229Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 4:58 pm

bullet.11

Stock Trader

Your correct, two past Directors of Greg robbed the Company over Rs 150 million per year and this Company did not show any profit. They in fact bought Benz and BMW for Rs 300 million. So from now onwards the Company save all their money.

230Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

balapas

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I never had an issue with CT because I always buy what I want and not what they want. My broker has been helpful. I have been to many research departments of brokering huts in SL so you cant complain much about CT since there are lot of really average ones.

231Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 5:07 pm

mahendra1

Stock Trader

I trade with four broker firms only Capital Trust does not fore sell shares, when there was sudden decline in the market.

Last edited by mahendra1 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

232Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 pm

smallville

smallville

ravi1 wrote:Dear Gamaya,

you are getting all wrong information, Capital Trust partners never sold any shares they only bought over the last three years. I think they bought over 47 Million shares 13%. I hear they are buying up to 20% now, because they started buy only those, two Directors had to leave the board.

Too Lame.. Is just one example enuf?

This is a comparison of CSD holdings of CT;

As @ 30-June-2011, CT had 1,45 Mil shares of CSD;
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/617_1311938821351.pdf

by 30-September-2011, all shares had fanished;
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/617_1320836356785.pdf

Capital Trust Securities  Ct_hol10

233Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 pm

smallville

smallville

mahendra1 wrote:I trade with four broker firms only Capital Trust does not fore sell shares, when there was sudden depth in the market.

Well the reality is, many brokers supported in creating the so called 'bubble' by giving too much credit.... Market was running with money that ppl never saw and too much credit was never intended to be there at first place. One broker firm, I can remembers had a big clientele, they gave big margins in 2011. Downfall was eminent Wink

All brokers forced sell to clear margins when SEC imposed the margin rules. So the biggest broker firms may have not done for their big fishes but they made sure small clients suffer first.
And those bigger clients are still in debt thanks to GREG.. I cant even remember a single person who didnt have a GREG share in his portfolio or talked about it being a cust. of this big clientele firm. Laughing

Last edited by smallville on Sat May 25, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : names removed)

234Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 10:17 pm

ethical.investor

Stock Trader

Last two months I have made large amount of money due to the margin trading provided by Capital trust Credit, hundreds of clients appreciates this, please don’t misleads newcomers Shocked when the markets is going up you need to have margin trading to double the speed to increase your wealth. Smile

235Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Gaja

Surprised with number of 1st posts

236Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: Capital Trust buy recommendations Wed May 22, 2013 10:27 pm

jonta999

jonta999

Gaja wrote:Surprised with number of 1st posts

CT cat is coming out of the bag lol!

237Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 10:36 pm

rishanpossitive

Manager - Equity Analytics

jonta999 wrote:
Gaja wrote:Surprised with number of 1st posts

CT cat is coming out of the bag lol!
Yes yes,they are helping each other as well. Razz Razz

238Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 22, 2013 10:44 pm

ajithg

Stock Trader

I am very happy with all the research e-mail sent by Capital Trust, since they also send margin trading statements, portfolio statements and contract notes daily through e-mail.

Capital trust keep going......good job cheers

239Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu May 23, 2013 8:07 am

Fresher

talk about guerrilla marketingn Very Happy

this is plain cheap!

240Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu May 23, 2013 8:23 am

dhanurrox

Vice President - Equity Analytics

CT representives here in this post

ajithg,eagles,mahendra1,bullet.11,ravi1,warrior,intelligent1,deva1,
chari
whom you try to fool? Razz

241Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Fri May 24, 2013 4:56 pm

gamaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

ethical.investor wrote:Last two months I have made large amount of money due to the margin trading provided by Capital trust Credit, hundreds of clients appreciates this, please don’t misleads newcomers Shocked when the markets is going up you need to have margin trading to double the speed to increase your wealth. Smile

Well, for a while you will think margin is great. Capital trust credit don't force sell even when margin goes ove 50%. You or me would not see at first when a market or a share starts going down. We sometimes get the two shocked to sell. (Dear caught in headlight syndrom) And this margin up to 90% is a usefull income source to them.

Force selling when margin goes over 50% is a safety net for undisciplined investors like u and me.

But when marginn goes at 100%, force selling would completely wipe out a portfolio. This has happened to lot of their clients.

242Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat May 25, 2013 8:13 pm

smallville

smallville

I've deleted the posts where the names are.. So lets talk about this without names..

243Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat May 25, 2013 8:51 pm

cseguide

cseguide

Brokers should not treat all their clients as fools.

244Capital Trust Securities  Empty Capital Trust Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:20 pm

viper123

viper123

Got a call from my broker, and she said that according to the new rule we cant keep the credit more than 14days. Either we have to sell or add new cash. If we need to use the credit then we have an agreement to convert to margin account(24% annual interest).
Does other broker has the same rule ?  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 

245Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus

Cappa Trust gilmart, giving credit to peepels who don't know how to use credit properly
Cappa Trust accounts having a lot of crapwood and craphouse shares. Now getting heated, if no pro-positive bull in April can see Cappa Trust force selling.

246Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:26 pm

yellow knife

Better to avoid margin accounts unless you have accurate signs of a bull . In India these margin facilities were banned from time to time when the same was known as Badla system . These margins are like sharp knives. If you do not know how to handle it surely you will get hurt. Anyway PBJ is talking about reducing even the loan rate for 10%, .IN this background 24% is a very high margin. Be careful

247Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:59 pm

wiser

wiser

Yes don't use Margin in sideway market like we r experiencing these days. Why don't u think to sell few shares even at a loss. I believe you have that courage. So do it. you can buy good trending share in future. There is no duoght about it.

248Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:34 pm

gagamini

Capital Lost has made millions of losses to clients . Be careful about Capital Lost

249Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:04 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

viper123 wrote:Got a call from my broker, and she said that according to the new rule we cant keep the credit more than 14days. Either we have to sell or add new cash. If we need to use the credit then we have an agreement to convert to margin account(24% annual interest).
Does other broker has the same rule ?  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 
This is correct, you have to use one of the margin providers.  Very Happy There is usual, nothing to worry about.

CT have arrangements with PMB, they will send all the papers and you need to agree on the interest %.

Try and avoid margin facility.  Smile 

Its better on the long run.

GL

250Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:35 pm

dsam

dsam

capital trust sold some of my shares which were on credit without informing.This is bad.

251Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

dsam wrote:capital trust sold some of my shares which were on credit without informing.This is bad.  
i am sure there was a valid reason for that .....  Very Happy 

252Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:40 pm

gamaya

Capital lost is the no 1 wipeout agents.
They have now sued many of its own clients who have minus accounts now. Many clients have paid up for fear of going to courts. They often dont even have a margin agreement. Capital lost does nt give the clients agreement copy even.

There main tacticts is keeping high margin to collect the interest money till margin exceed 90%;and only then they force sell. Thus they take maximum utility from their valued clients.

Plus they have lots of valued clients with minus accounts. And the minus is rising each month with interest. Lots of their clients are share owners of obituary investment.

253Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 am

Jeremy

Jeremy

gamaya wrote:Capital lost is the no 1 wipeout agents.
They have now sued many of its own clients who have minus accounts now.  Many clients have paid up for fear of going to courts. They often dont even have a margin agreement. Capital lost does nt give the clients agreement copy even.

There main tacticts is keeping high margin to collect the interest money till margin exceed 90%;and only then they force sell. Thus they take maximum utility from their valued clients.

Plus they have lots of valued clients with minus accounts. And the minus is rising each month with interest. Lots of their clients are share owners of obituary investment.

I have been emailed and told by Thushan that you and Smallville got a personal problem with him and two of you are trying to discredit his character. Please feel free to express your concerns here.

254Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:21 am

gamaya

GMNet wrote:
They have now sued many of its own clients who have minus accounts now.  Many clients have paid up for fear of going to courts. They often dont even have a margin agreement. Capital lost does nt give the clients agreement copy even.

I have been emailed and told by Thushan that you and Smallville got a personal problem with him and two of you are trying to discredit his character. Please feel free to express your concerns here.

Sure. This is my personnel experience with them.

I had a account with them and the margin provider was Divasa equity. In late 2012 my broker boy had took the margin from Divasa without my instructions; Divasa used to forcesell when the account went below 50%. I aked my broker why did you removed my margin provider. He said it is to get me a better margin provider (PM Finance) which had 1% less interest. Then I signed an agreement with PMC and broker boy had sent to head office. I was quite confident all was well.

Then after more than a month he tells me that PMC does not have the capacity to supply margin and I can sign an agreement with capital loss(credit) if I like. All this while my acct is charged high interest and the margin provider was  supposed to be capital loss. Now I have no option now but to sign an agreement with their margin firm. Then with the interest and market drop I am in high margin and stuck. Finally they forced sold after around 2 yrs of interest collection.

We usually trust our agents to treat us fairly. Here also I should have complained when my broker removed my margin acct from divasa. I didn't because he was in good terms with me and he is an educated fellow etc. Now I realise that it was a plot to take the handsome interest to themselves.

This way lots of people went in to minus cash level accounts. How can a minus cash acct exist in a capital market..? I dont know how the regulators allow that. They have sued some of these clients.

Does this emailing fellow has anything to tell regarding minus client accounts, or sueing their clients..? I am looking forward to hear that.

255Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:00 am

sharemarket

sharemarket

gamaya wrote:
GMNet wrote:

Sure. This is my personnel experience with them.

I had a account with them and the margin provider was Divasa equity. In late 2012 my broker boy had took the margin from Divasa without my instructions; Divasa used to forcesell when the account went below 50%. I aked my broker why did you removed my margin provider. He said it is to get me a better margin provider (PM Finance) which had 1% less interest. Then I signed an agreement with PMC and broker boy had sent to head office. I was quite confident all was well.

Then after more than a month he tells me that PMC does not have the capacity to supply margin and I can sign an agreement with capital loss(credit) if I like. All this while my acct is charged high interest and the margin provider was  supposed to be capital loss. Now I have no option now but to sign an agreement with their margin firm. Then with the interest and market drop I am in high margin and stuck. Finally they forced sold after around 2 yrs of interest collection.

We usually trust our agents to treat us fairly. Here also I should have complained when my broker removed my margin acct from divasa. I didn't because he was in good terms with me and he is an educated fellow etc. Now I realise that it was a plot to take the handsome interest to themselves.

This way lots of people went in to minus cash level accounts. How can a minus cash acct exist in a capital market..? I dont know how the regulators allow that. They have sued some of these clients.

Does this emailing fellow has anything to tell regarding minus client accounts, or sueing their clients..?  I am looking forward to hear that.

how can they sue? They should be maintain clients accounts 50%,for example-if you have a land worth one million,bank will give you a loan amount 7.5 laks not two million.That is the recovery method... Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum