FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Vote_lcap68%CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES

CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES

+79
dsam
SHARK aka TAH
gagamini
wiser
yellow knife
Jiggysaurus
viper123
cseguide
dhanurrox
ajithg
rishanpossitive
jonta999
ethical.investor
balapas
bullet.11
ravi1
Gaja
mahendra1
warrior
NZ BOY
sahan8896
intelligent1
deva1
chari
jonny
wiki
Prince
madhawa.h
Arena
nimantha80
NaminiInduwara
MalakaDesmond
BandulaSM
malanp
Savantha Denipitiya
Fresher
wgsaman
sanju351
shan
kasun333
Dileepa
market bull
Redbulls
Rizmi
sriranga
Harry82
SRIAS
MarketWitch
sapumal
rmark
Kithsiri
Whitebull
ccsentha
LateTackle
stumpy
Slstock
prasadrmb
traderathome
Storm
Kumar
mra
VISA
K.Haputantri
hawklk
UKboy
econ
snandasiri
aj
gamaya
hariesha
smallville
Roboticfx
Asoka Samarakone
FXX
nkuda
kav4
Leon
greedy007
dcwal
83 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:33 pm

wgsaman

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

well done capital trust

77CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:59 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

While this is not ethical, the only reason for this from CT as I see it to stop getting blames Wink
This was the broker hut with most clientele and most credit imo...

78CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:43 am

Fresher

you can still make the orders through your advisor right?

If so I don't see an issue here (IF the intention is to avoid fake orders or erroneous trades).

It's like a safety measure where you have a withdrawal limit per transaction/day in ATMs and no limit over the counter.

79CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:35 am

Kithsiri

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Whitebull wrote:Capital trust is going to limit the online buying power according to an email I received from 8th october 2012.
I was wondering how someone can get a letter supposed to be coming on 08th on 05th?
Hope it was a fake and or not a JOKE. Surprised

80CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:37 am

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics

Presume he got a letter on 5th saying starting oct 8th credit is limited.

@Kithsiri wrote:
@Whitebull wrote:Capital trust is going to limit the online buying power according to an email I received from 8th october 2012.
I was wondering how someone can get a letter supposed to be coming on 08th on 05th?
Hope it was a fake and or not a JOKE. Surprised

81CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:00 am

wgsaman

wgsaman

credit must be limited.real investers never use credit

82CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 am

Slstock

Slstock

@wgsaman wrote:credit must be limited.real investers never use credit

I would not assume that. Look at top investors, most of them also have margin accounts. But they know how to manage well and not get into deep trouble like certain traders who at times call themselves investors.

83CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:18 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

@slstock wrote:
@wgsaman wrote:credit must be limited.real investers never use credit

I would not assume that. Look at top investors, most of them also have margin accounts. But they know how to manage well and not get into deep trouble like certain traders who at times call themselves investors.

So called big investors have an additional skill all others do not have. The political power. We saw what they are capable of with that skill recently. Hence, they are safer than innocent investors who trade with credit.

84CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:22 am

wgsaman

wgsaman

dear slstock i think they are not real investors they are one good traders.

85CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:25 am

Slstock

Slstock

@wgsaman wrote:dear slstock i think they are not real investors they are one good traders.

Let me give you one example . Look at Dr Senthilvel.

Then look at Mr Rishan. BOth of them have credit accounts but which one sells suddenly.

86CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:49 am

Savantha Denipitiya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Per day buying power limit 2,000,000

Per order buying power limit 500,000

For selling there is no limit.

We need to contact them and get prior authorization if we want to go beyond these limits.

(Please consider this is not for credit.)

So what do you think ? Is it ethical them to limit our buying power from our own money ?

Hi Whitebull, You have not read the entire Email and is misleading other readers. I paste the entire E mail for you to read it again. The E mail is VERY clear and self explanatory. It is very ethical to set safety limits as requested by their clients. They will increase limits to even to Rs 100 million if the clients wants to take the risk.

Dear Valued Client,
Certain clients have requested to impose ‘Per Day’ and ‘Per Order’ buying limits in order to limit risk of erroneous trades been executed inadvertently. Therefore, our company will be imposing the following 'online buying power' limits:

1) Per Day Buying limit - Rs. 2,000,000
2) Per Order Buying limit - Rs. 500,000
No Limits are imposed on selling.
Any client wishing to exceed these limits should obtain prior authorization by phoning 5378200 or by emailing crm@capitaltrust.lk
The above limits will be imposed from Monday 8th October 2012.

87CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Fresher

I will appreciate if this is done. But also maybe these amounts could have been decided based on the portfolio value of each client.
Also I feel the same should be applied for sales as well as the objective is to limit risk of erroneous trades.

Read my post above

88CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:20 pm

malanp

this is not a credit limitation as most people assume, it is relevent to internet risk.

Banks have limits for ATM withdrawals, you can not withdraw above certain amount using ATM, though it is your money, and we dont call it unethical..

I think of the same way.

you can place the order for all your money, but you need to make a phone call to the broker without using internet.

even though it is your money, come through proper way..

89CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Savantha Denipitiya wrote:

Per day buying power limit 2,000,000

Per order buying power limit 500,000

For selling there is no limit.

We need to contact them and get prior authorization if we want to go beyond these limits.

(Please consider this is not for credit.)

So what do you think ? Is it ethical them to limit our buying power from our own money ?

Hi Whitebull, You have not read the entire Email and is misleading other readers. I paste the entire E mail for you to read it again. The E mail is VERY clear and self explanatory. It is very ethical to set safety limits as requested by their clients. They will increase limits to even to Rs 100 million if the clients wants to take the risk.

Dear Valued Client,
Certain clients have requested to impose ‘Per Day’ and ‘Per Order’ buying limits in order to limit risk of erroneous trades been executed inadvertently. Therefore, our company will be imposing the following 'online buying power' limits:

1) Per Day Buying limit - Rs. 2,000,000
2) Per Order Buying limit - Rs. 500,000
No Limits are imposed on selling.
Any client wishing to exceed these limits should obtain prior authorization by phoning 5378200 or by emailing crm@capitaltrust.lk
The above limits will be imposed from Monday 8th October 2012.

If some clients request to limit the buying power then better to restrict the buying of that certain clients as they may have some problem with carefullness Wink

90CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:10 pm

BandulaSM

Stock Trader

Yes I heard Capital TRUST had demanded Direct FN to improve their software to set per order and per day limits in the same way Broking firms set on each Investment Advisors ATS terminal. This is very good

91CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:25 pm

MalakaDesmond

Stock Trader

@malanp wrote:
this is not a credit limitation as most people assume, it is relevent to internet risk.

Banks have limits for ATM withdrawals, you can not withdraw above certain amount using ATM, though it is your money, and we dont call it unethical..

I think of the same way.

you can place the order for all your money, but you need to make a phone call to the broker without using internet.

Yes Yes, I asked my buying power to increase to Rs 25 million per day as I have also a Margin Account with Capital TRUST Credit and the girls at the help desk increased it in one minute.

92CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Slstock

Slstock

@MalakaDesmond wrote:
@malanp wrote:

I think of the same way.

Yes Yes, I asked my buying power to increase to Rs 25 million per day as I have also a Margin Account with Capital TRUST Credit and the girls at the help desk increased it in one minute.

You don;t seem to be a small time retailer.

Last edited by slstock on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

93CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 am

NaminiInduwara

Stock Trader

Capital Trust's IT department is very advanced. I have Margin Accounts with Capital Trust Credit and Peoples Merchant and I can put my password and see online Account statement of broking company, Portfolio Statement, Loan Account Statement and Margin Status Report any time of the day!

Why I Like them is that they gave me a Margin facility for Rs 21 million after getting the credit committee to approve it in one hour! There are no mistakes as everything is computerized.

94CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:26 am

smallville

smallville

@MalakaDesmond wrote:

@NaminiInduwara wrote:
Why I Like them is that they gave me a Margin facility for Rs 21 million after getting the credit committee to approve it in one hour! There are no mistakes as everything is computerized.

cheers devotees..

I hope CT will nt be indirectly causing the market to come down with this much of credit facilities..

If the ppl dont carefully manage risks, god bless the market..

95CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:29 am

Fresher

there is something fishy here.

anyway it's not like other broker houses still deal everything on paper

96CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:23 am

wgsaman

wgsaman

personally i beleived that credit must be limited

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert

Technical Analytical Outlook
Private pension, provident funds can invest up to 20% in capital markets!
The new gazette notification issued yesterday stipulates any of the said funds need to be in conformity with the following limits
I. A minimum of 40% of the monies of the fund should be invested by way of deposits in the Bank of Ceylon, Peoples Bank, National Savings Bank, or in investments in Government securities.
II. Not more than 20% of the monies of the fund may be invested in listed debentures or other stocks
Sarath Rajapakse / Capital TRUST Research(pvt)Ltd

98CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:27 am

nimantha80

Sarath Rajapakse / Capital TRUST Research(pvt)Ltd once said market will reach previous levels soon after the brokers meeting with president in 2011.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7Q6OnpBPo

99CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 am

Slstock

Slstock

This is a person will great skill I would think. But at somepoints he seemed tobecome politically involved more than the market technical or fundamental or mental skills.

@nimantha80 wrote:Sarath Rajapakse / Capital TRUST Research(pvt)Ltd once said market will reach previous levels soon after the brokers meeting with president in 2011.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7Q6OnpBPo

100CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Capital Trust buy recommendations Mon May 20, 2013 9:48 am

gamaya

Think before you buy their recommendations, because the chances are,
Some Ppl may have accumulated a quantity that their ready to cash.

Now they have an sms system sending buy recommendations. This is for the info of any newcomers to CSE.

Last edited by smallville on Sat May 25, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed names)

101CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 20, 2013 10:10 am

Arena

Loweth na...

They gave buy recommendation even when mkt was at 7800. They have significant quantities in most of the shares in the mkt.

102CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 20, 2013 12:25 pm

madhawa.h

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

thanks for letting us know.

103CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Broker recomendations Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Prince

Prince

Guys, in that case its not only the Capital Trust all the Brokers are on the same boat.
Thats why an investor needs some sort of knowledge about the Stock's fundamentals (such as High/Low prices , movement of Indices) and a strong sense on current market trend and Market Sentiment.

- Listen to your Broker But never Trust ........!

104CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 20, 2013 9:16 pm

wiki

May be they wanna dump this.. I too heard about the collection by CT ....well before several months ago. .even few days back it was below 15

105CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 4 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 21, 2013 7:47 am

smallville

smallville

@Prince wrote:
- Listen to your Broker But never Trust ........!

Always unless he has a proven track record with u or the ppl u can trust Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum